Quantcast

iPhone 4G - user replaceable battery?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
What a nightmare that must become when the definition of perfect isn't shared... Sounds retarded.

It wasn't that the definition wasn't shared, it was never defined. Several people would give a sample the thumbs up then someone else would give it the thumbs down. Most people involved couldn't tell the difference between a good and bad part and no one ever seemed to care about actual part dimensions. I'm sure some of it had to do with secrecy but what information they made available and what they made no sense.

Last edited:

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
It wasn't that the definition wasn't shared, it was never defined.
Exactly. On my big Olympic project, part of the job had a "public art" component. It involved a huge structure made out out stainless steel. The specs said nothing about required finishes, and had no details for important joints between members, etc...

The Owner's artist was pretty hard to satisfy. Largely due to the fact that the requirements were so vague. Anytime we'd ask for clarification we'd just get more fluff from the artist. In the end, practicality had to win, but we're going to be cleaning up "deficiencies" for months to come.

So, now that it's all built, it's a lot easier for the client to look at the finished product and call it deficient. Not very fair to the builder/manufacturer when the specs are worthless.

Part of the risk of taking contracts I guess.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
4.5 million pageviews in exchange for a lawsuit... might be worth it yet to Gizmodo.
5.1mil now. the police could also get involved. accepting stolen property doesnt go over well. especially when someone has 3 years in Cali to claim a lost item

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
it was only a matter of time:
Police broke into a blogger's home in search of photographs of a prototype Apple iPhone and other material, launching a felony investigation, gadget site Gizmodo and prosecutors said on Monday.
Gawker Media-owned gizmodo.com, a popular consumer gadgets site, said last week it paid $5,000 for a prototype next-generation iPhone purportedly left in a Silicon Valley bar by one of Apple's engineers.
Stephen Wagstaffe, spokesman for the San Mateo County District Attorney's office, confirmed Friday's raid and said Apple had contacted his office to report the crime. But he did not elaborate on investigation details.
"The allegation was that there was a reasonable cause that a felony theft had occurred," he said. "This is the beginning of the investigation."
But one of the blog's editors, Jason Chen, said police seized four computers and two servers, an iPad, and other devices from his home last Friday.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20100427/tc_nm/us_apple_iphone_2