Quantcast

Is my midlife crisis beginning already?

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
I'm 36 and I feel the same as I when I was 26 or 16 - tired and stressed out.

:D

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
I turned 40 in september and a couple days later my rotator cuff gets strained for no reason (and still hurts like hell), I notice I have to hold my iPod further away to read it, my bruised thigh muscle never seems to heal and I get called "sir" at least twice a day.

Welcome to the second half...

:death:

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
At 31, I'm wondering who got which crappy genes from our parents between MMike and I. Should be finding out soon...

(door swings wide open...)

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
How I felt very old recently:

Realizing I have been playing drums for 25 years.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I tuened 35 in September, then last month I tore my knee playing "old man league" soccer. This is the third time (skateboarding was the first, soccer was the second). Doc said if i want to keep riding, I have to give up damn near everything else.

So I want to race again this year, so I am sticking to bikes and motos. Getting old is teh sucks.

Suck it up princess :D

splat

Nam I am
So are you getting one of these Sprays ? Protect you from that evil laptop and anc Cell Phone

French beauty group Clarins will launch in January what it says is the world's first spray to protect skin from the electromagnetic radiation created by mobile phones and electronic devices such as laptops.

It says the spray contains molecules derived from microorganisms living near undersea volcanoes and from plants which survive in extreme conditions such as alongside motorways and in Siberia.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
"molecules derived from microorganisms living near undersea volcanoes and from plants which survive in extreme conditions such as alongside motorways and in Siberia."

Ahhh, I see: Snake Oil.

:bonk:

Getting old is fun, among other things you're allowed to call people "whippersnapper."

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
How I felt very old recently:

Realizing I have been playing drums for 25 years.
Last week someone asked me how long I'd been mountain biking, 21 years. Of course before that was BMX and other cycling foolery. No wonder my knees hurt.

bac

Monkey
Dec 14, 2006
Pennsylvania
Recently it's hitting me just how old I am. So I'm 36. Knockin' on 40's door...
As someone who is in your same shoes, I know what you mean! I also feel that I look (and more importantly feel!) like I'm much younger than my age.

It all comes down to genetics, and what you do with your now aging body. Hope that you have good genes, and treat your flesh well, and rock on!

MizN8

Monkey
Jul 20, 2005
Just wait...............being 40 is AWESOME!

Actually I am almost 42 and that isn't bad either.

Genetics are definitely the thing. I have some gray hair(Nate calls them my highlights........LOL) but no crows feet! HA! I have started getting little wrinkles around my lips which I hate because it messes with my lipstick...........and I don't even smoke!

Nate is ten months older than me but we get comments all the time from people thinking there is a big age difference between us.......I always laugh and say "thanks I didn't realize I look that old." Haha.
Oh well..................

It isn't a female thing...........the guy I dated in high school has looked 50 since the 90's. And my ex looks 10 years older than he really is......it's funny.........he is always mistaken for being our kid's grandfather........they are 18 and 13............LOL! Joke's on him!