Quantcast

Is she deaf?

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
So this female engineer wants to use my lab printer for some testing. I spent the last 2 days getting the printer ready for her test, calibrating, adding test instrumentation, etc. I'm almost done. She just called me and said she wants to start the test. Here's the conversation:

Her: Is the machine ready for the test?

Me: Not quite, I just need to finish cleaning the paper path sensors.

Her: Can it run IOI?

Me: Yes, I calibrated IOI.

Her: So we could start the IOI part of the test?

Me: No, I need to finish cleaning the paper path sensors.

Her: Does it pass the xerographic setup routine?

Me: Yes, I made sure that works.

Her: So we could start the xerographic setup part of the test?

Me: No, I need to finish cleaning the paper path sensors.

Her: Are all the convergence settings turned on?

Me: Yes. The printer is almost completely ready for the test, I just need to finish cleaning the paper path sensors.

Her: So we could start the convergence part of the test?

Me: No. I need to finish cleaning the paper path sensors.

Finally she got it :mumble:

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
stinkyboy said:
Is that how engineers flirt?
hahhahahaa.

Well,, uhh, is it?

Echo said:
It might take a while actually, since she pissed me off... I think I'll oppress monkeys for a while instead of working :D
At least you haven't lost your sense of humor. By the way, is her name Heather? Just wondering if my ex got a job there.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Engineer huh?

That explains it....try talking to a Sales person lately? Not a retail person but a make more commission then they know what to do with kinda sales person. The kind that heard they have a computer but have never seen it. :)

It is like talking to a brick wall if it has nothing to do with what makes them $$$. It is like everything aroudn them happens magically....:mumble: Maybe I am just venting? :D

kizzi77

Monkey
Aug 11, 2005
nashvegas
I still don't get why she couldn't start printing until you finish cleaning the paper path sensors. :think: ;) Girls are problem solvers. There has to be SOME way for us to do what we need to do :p

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
Echo said:
It might take a while actually, since she pissed me off... I think I'll oppress monkeys for a while instead of working :D
That's why the cheerleader thread got locked. Bastid.

I find that hanging up the phone in that situation is the best solution. But hang up in the middle of yourself talking. No one would ever suspect that you did it on purpose.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
I Are Baboon said:
So how long does it take to clean paper path sensors? Can't you just blow on it?
wow, what's wrong with you?

You don't just blow on it, you first gotta stroke the rollers, play with the gears, make sure you've got the paper inserted in the right direction.

You have to take your time.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
I Are Baboon said:
So how long does it take to clean paper path sensors? Can't you just blow on it?
Most people have never seen a printer like this - most likely there isn't a room in your house that it would fit in. It has a LOT of sensors, and they all have to be removed to clean. Actually I'm done now, but I'm gonna wait a bit before I call her :p

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
RhinofromWA said:
Engineer huh?

That explains it....try talking to a Sales person lately? Not a retail person but a make more commission then they know what to do with kinda sales person. The kind that heard they have a computer but have never seen it. :)
You mean like the sales guy here who would put all his important documents in the "Recycle Bin" because he thought it freed up space on his hard drive? :rolleyes:

RhinofromWA said:
It is like everything aroudn them happens magically....
The word is "automagically"

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
RhinofromWA said:
I hear each diploma comes with a full frontal lombotamy (Sp? it would seem I had one too :think: :) )
A lombotamy? Maybe you meant "lambadamy", where your ability to do the Brazillian dance is removed ;)

Or maybe you meant lobotomy :p

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
binary visions said:
A lombotamy? Maybe you meant "lambadamy", where your ability to do the Brazillian dance is removed ;)

What does this have to do with wolves? Lobos....geesh! :D

PS- good one BV

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
Some people just need things spelled out for them - next time just say "nothing can start until I clean the paper path sensor".

Granted if she is supposed to know everything about the printer than you shouldn't have to. However if she is just an end user maybe she didn't understand how everything was related... and that was your job to explain.

Is it obvious tha I'm an engineer?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I think the only real option here is to administer The Shocker and see if she still cares about the paper path sensors afterwards...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
binary visions said:

Once you become an engineer, the forbidden dance is truly forbidden.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
So I just called her and told her the printer is ready. Now she says she wants to delay the start of the test for 2 weeks :mumble:

And yes, she is sort of hot.