Quantcast

***Is this a Tuesday GMT?***

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I set a high score of 89 on my Garmin sleep score last night. DW rebooked our flights to Spokane tomorrow, so now we're going via Minneapolis instead of Atlanta since weather seems to be fucking things up down south. Thanks, Pesqueeb.

WFH day and got shit to do.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Oooh, it's 4deg Croissant at 10:30pm, might get a frost.
Shorts and a shirt tomorrow, yep, long pants are for indoor people.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
Here

Mind is else where. Might be my last day for a few weeks. Was planning to come in tomorrow, but I have a lot of farm shit I need to accomplish before our Thursday arrival. Really not sure what will happen at work since we have zero csr staff to look after my customers while I am out.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
I did sleep well last night. It’s hot here. I used this magical little box thingy on my wall. I poke the buttons and then there’s these cheese grater thingys over holes in my walls and penguin air blows out of them. Not sure what kind of sorcery this magic box is but I do truly enjoy it.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
hello children.

one more day of solo parenting then we fly to florida to spend all the money at disneyworld. murky weather today (and yesterday) but we've managed to have a pretty good time so far.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
gah. discovered last night that the exhaust I had replaced last fall came apart from the silencer over the weekend. this morning I brought the car to the garage that did the work. there was a sign in the window that it is closed for a "family emergency". I saw the owner, and it turns out they have a court date for problems with their dealer license plates.
he said bring it in tomorrow. But I just remembered I have to bring my youngest to visit his new school tomorrow. this is off to a great start... never a dull moment. buy a house they said, start a family they said...

Last edited:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
gah. discovered last night that the exhaust I had replaced last fall came apart from the silencer over the weekend. brought the car to the garage that did the work this morning. there was a sign in the window that it is closed for a "family emergency". I saw the owner, and it turns out they have a court date for problems with their dealer license plates.
he said bring it in tomorrow. But I just remembered I have to bring my youngest to visit his new school tomorrow. this is off to a great start... never a dull moment. buy a house they said, start a family they said...
"They" were wrong. :mad:

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
After a 10 year hiatus I am "this close" to accidentally an N+1

GG seems to have a good enough deal (40% off shredd dogg) to pass the frugal test

I'm having a conundrum, as my old bike is yeti blue, but N+1 bike choices are not quite yeti blue and black and neither is my first choice so a poll:

not quite Yeti blue:
blue-sd-rally-quarter.png

Stealth black:
ShredDoggRallyBuildQuarterStealth_1080x.png

Root beer: in my feverish dreams...

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I don't need to take a tiny submarine 2.2 miles down into the ocean to see the Titanic wreckage, thx.
This is the most amazing part of this story to me:
He added that because the passengers were sealed inside the vessel by bolts applied from the outside, "There's no way to escape, even if you rise to the surface by yourself. You cannot get out of the sub without a crew on the outside letting you out."
They could literally be floating on the surface and still die of oxygen deprivation/hypoxia. The more I read about this boat, the jankier it sounds.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
and they paid $250k/head to be in that tube :D

took 5 minutes because one can basically skip right to the quiz

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
This is the most amazing part of this story to me:

They could literally be floating on the surface and still die of oxygen deprivation/hypoxia. The more I read about this boat, the jankier it sounds.

Is it also controlled by an xbox controller or something, or was I dreaming when I read that last night?

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007

GG seems to have a good enough deal (40% off shredd dogg) to pass the frugal test

I'm having a conundrum, as my old bike is yeti blue, but N+1 bike choices are not quite yeti blue and black and neither is my first choice so a poll:

not quite Yeti blue:
View attachment 195609

Stealth black:
View attachment 195610

No Green? :(

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
Is it also controlled by an xbox controller or something, or was I dreaming when I read that last night?
I read that as well, though to be fair, I seem to recall reading that the navy uses those on its boats too, because that's what "the kids" know how to use.

Edit: a quick google shows I was only partially correct. Using the xbox controller for the periscope, not ship control

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
:wave:

Good luck to those submarine people. NFW you'd catch me in something like that. Slept like a log. Dealing with some stuff I'd rather not be, but life is good. Have a great day, internet friends.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I read that as well, though to be fair, I seem to recall reading that the navy uses those on its boats too, because that's what "the kids" know how to use.
My neighbor was just commenting that a lot of heavy machinery operators are seeking gamer kids, since they are used to operating the multitude of joysticks/buttons/scrolls that new machines use.

He just had a tilt and rotate bucket installed on his excavator and was lamenting how difficult it is learning how to control the movements.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001

Edit: a quick google shows I was only partially correct. Using the xbox controller for the periscope, not ship control
todays kids in a sub...

too fucking funny.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
1.5 years after we bought our house and I'm still getting mail for the PO about settlement of an estate. Get your shit together, lady. :rant:
On a related note - my attorney sent me a note a few weeks back that progress has been made, as in Citimortgage has "assigned a claim number with the Lien Release Team and are investigating."

So now we hurry up and wait some more. I'm doubting all this will be cleared up prior to me making my final mortgage payment, but with that added cashflow, I don't expect my original plan of opening a HELOC will even be necessary...

Goddam kids and their fancy learnin'. :mad:

not quite Yeti blue:
View attachment 195609

Stealth black:
View attachment 195610

Hawt. Get the black one.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO

not quite Yeti blue:
View attachment 195609

Stealth black:
View attachment 195610

That’s a nice looking blue, TBH.