Quantcast

It’s Official…Fontana will host National #1

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
stiksandstones said:
The places I mentioned have had numerous races before and could have again if the right people proposed to the powers that be. Anything is possible if done properly.
Good point. I'm sure with the right money involved, Big Bear could even happen again. But it seems like Northstar and Bootleg would be much easier to use as far as hosting a national.

offtheedge

Monkey
Aug 26, 2005
LB
stiksandstones said:
...sure, tucky' kids who can barely afford to buy a big mac checking out $6000 DH bikes.

Dude, seriously crawl out of your perfect golden nest and get a grip. If you think Fontana (specificaly the race site) is that low class then you have been nowhere. It's on par with 90% of any urban sprawl/track home neighborhoods in SoCal.

You obviously have no regard for anything in this sport but your own royal needs..........get over yourself.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
offtheedge said:
stiksandstones said:
...sure, tucky' kids who can barely afford to buy a big mac checking out $6000 DH bikes.

Dude, seriously crawl out of your perfect golden nest and get a grip. If you think Fontana (specificaly the race site) is that low class then you have been nowhere. It's on par with 90% of any urban sprawl/track home neighborhoods in SoCal.

You obviously have no regard for anything in this sport but your own royal needs..........get over yourself.
Yup, never left my house-ever...especially for a bike race.

Do you know what the demographic is in the high end mountain bike market? Obviously not.

And your retarded argument helped make my point, there should not be National Mountain bike races in tract (not track) home neighborhoods of so cal.

Pbody

Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Msisle Dad said:
Ok, away from Mt Snow's example of DS most mtx/ds were good. What were you seeing/hearing? I didnt hear other complaints.

Most Dh courses look insignificant on film, web pics etc. It's probably one of the major reasons DH didnt take off as an "extreme sport".

MTX racing doesnt film much better.

As for NORBA. The are not the course designers, thats the resorts responsibility. That's Mt Snows fault for lousy DS...And NORBA's for not holding them to a higher standard
It's not totally the venues. The venues are given guidelines and input. Unfortunately, there is a jagged line between who is responsible for the course designs. Venue? Promoter? NORBA? The common factor in these races is NORBA. In my opinion, and based on other racing organizations, all courses need to be designed and built by one group. NORBA is the sanctioning body, they are the one group that has control (excuse me, i mean 'should have control') over all the national races, and most all of the races held in the U.S., and it's in their best interest to design courses that attract racers and spectators to the races to grow the sport. NORBA needs to hire people to get the races under control and provide consistency, and the sport would start growing again.

stiksandstones said:
Did not notice, this thread frightens me.
The places I mentioned have had numerous races before and could have again if the right people proposed to the powers that be. Anything is possible if done properly.
Sounds to me the all-nighty should step off his soap box and pick up his phone and make things happen if he's so sure all it takes is"the right people proposed to the powers that be."

Come on and save the sport my good man. You got all the answers! Let's go. Get to it. Chop chop.

Lets see the "stiksanstones Race Series of 2007" come together and fullfill every racers wet dreams of a race series.:help:

ncrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2004
Los Angeles
stiksandstones said:
The places I mentioned have had numerous races before...
stiksandstones said:
Castaic, Temecula, Sagebrush safari, san dimas, mt baldy, snow valley, bear mountain, green valley, palm springs, idylwild, mt. high, julian, mexico, malibu, laguna, camp pendleton, griffith park, gorman, cathedral city, Augora...
Just to name a few places where races have been held before. I am over and out on this debate-its been fun.
Why do you keep trying to back up that false statement? Please bring proof to us that these places have all had real ligit DH races and not some scetchy underground gathering.

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
ncrider said:
Why do you keep trying to back up that false statement? Please bring proof to us that these places have all had real ligit DH races and not some scetchy underground gathering.
other than sagebrush(wich isnt the trails name) where? you know mt high cant even have bikes right? bear mountain doesnt have bikes. baldy is hardly prepared to have anything bike related. again mexico isnt in the US so i doent make sense for a NATIONAL now does it? laguna? yeah thats legal. those are all good trails but you really gotta think before you say these things. at least mention places that allow bikes and have the area for a national

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
lovebunny said:
well im wrong about that one then. but it still wasnt a well thought out list. he just threw out places where theres cool trails in socal
Geez LB, do some research before throwing in the towel.

Date Location
June 18-19
July 16-17
July 23-24
August 6-7
August 20-21
August 27-28
Park City, UT
Schweitzer Mountain, ID
Snowmass Village, CO
Brian Head, UT
Snowshoe, WVA
Mount Snow, VT

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
W4S said:
Geez LB, do some research before throwing in the towel.

Date Location
June 18-19
July 16-17
July 23-24
August 6-7
August 20-21
August 27-28
Park City, UT
Schweitzer Mountain, ID
Snowmass Village, CO
Brian Head, UT
Snowshoe, WVA
Mount Snow, VT
If you want to be a smart ass, at least post the entire list.

June 18, Mont Ste-Anne, QUE CAN

All seven (7) finish results of seven (7) races will determine the NORBA National Marathon Series title. NO DROPS

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
biker3 said:
The Fras is right, The Canucks held a marathon. And Im gunna have to say that if anyone is actually stoked or satisfied with this upcoming national then you're either totally dillusional or fighting a methamphetamine adiction.
mmmm meth! I can breathe!

Wait, forget it, it's just sudafed.

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
biker3 said:
The Fras is right, The Canucks held a marathon. And Im gunna have to say that if anyone is actually stoked or satisfied with this upcoming national then you're either totally dillusional or fighting a methamphetamine adiction.
Nothing is good with the nationals this year, the Schedule is just stupid. For a series that is relying on the amatuer entry fees to keep it running they sure have made it hard for people to make more than one race by stacking them in all together with mammoth sandwiched in there.

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
Zutroy said:
Nothing is good with the nationals this year, the Schedule is just stupid. For a series that is relying on the amatuer entry fees to keep it running they sure have made it hard for people to make more than one race by stacking them in all together with mammoth sandwiched in there.
I noticed that, too. Local riders will be the only people showing up to races this season. As of right now, I'm planning to do Fontana, Deer Valley, and Mammoth...

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
Zutroy said:
it's all about which venues give them the most money for their traveling circus. they don't make their profit from us at those events. so why bother making it convienient for us ?

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
Transcend said:
If you want to be a smart ass, at least post the entire list.

June 18, Mont Ste-Anne, QUE CAN

All seven (7) finish results of seven (7) races will determine the NORBA National Marathon Series title. NO DROPS

Not being a smart ass, marathon I didn't check as we were discussing DH. But you're correct, there was a national in Canada last year, and I wouldn't mind if all US nationals were in Canada, at least the courses and venues would be fun.

When Norba came out with schedule they said they were trying to eliminate multiple trips cross country, looks like they almost succeeded to completely fail. Norba really does need some passionate leadership, Fraser why don't you take over. :blah:

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
We held a Norba AMBC race in Canada a few years ago. The fact is that the resort is the only DH terrain worthy of a multiple day event within a 6 hours drive. Too bad the resort can't make money and closed up year round. We brought in mega bucks to their condos.

Norba didn't care where we had the event as long as the insurance was in place and we paid. 90% of the racers were from the US.

It's really tough to decided which nationals to go to this year. I have a hard time taking 1.5 weeks off straight to do both East coast races back to back. Plus, Mount Snow was so jacked up last year. Every single one of my buddies that raced it got hurt and ended up in urgent care (see Hcor). We are scheduled to do a ton of smaller races suuch as the snowshoe races, Mid Altlantic Racer's edge, etc and some bigger races like the US Open.

EC: You should race the Devils Head AMBC race this year. It's just up the road from your bike sponsor and it seems like half of the people that work at Pacific show up to that race. Plus, I need someone to chase in practice. ;)

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
Transcend said:
I offerred a few years ago (mentioned earlier in the thread). They asked for help, then refused everyone who offerred any help. :rolleyes:
It seems like Shimano would really be the people to drive change within Norba since they're the ones footing the title bill. They (shimano) seem to be really passionate about racing, too.