Quantcast

...it's a YouTube extravaganza!

woodsguy

gets infinity MPG
Mar 18, 2007
Sutton, MA
J4 rules, would love to go there again (been twice):

Holy crap! That is a great cave!! Haven't been there in about 15 years! I've probably been there about a dozen times. We would get lectured by guys with full gear and an array of lights because our only lights were mini mag lights held in our mouths! They were like "what would you do if you dropped it" and we were like, "that would suck". :) Judy's Frustation, Crossover, Wedding Cake, Dome Room ...very cool! Thanks for sharing!!

Last edited:

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
We would get lectured by guys with full gear and an array of lights because our only lights were mini mag lights held in our mouths! They were like "what would you do if you dropped it" and we were like, "that would suck". :) Judy's Frustation
Plus you could get an expensive dental bill. Judy's Frustration rules.

woodsguy

gets infinity MPG
Mar 18, 2007
Sutton, MA
Here's another vid.

302 Found

Not sure why neither of these videos show the Dome room. I always thought it was one of the most impressive parts of that cave. Its huge with a 30'+ ceiling.

Judy's Frustration is one of the few times I got really freaked out caving. For those of you unaware JF is a tight squeeze and it's too tight to crawl on your hands and knees. So you have to lay down on your stomach and wiggle through with your arms out in front of you. I'm not sure how long it is but it feels like a ways. I had been through before but this time I was with a big group. I was the sweeper so that meant a lot of time on my stomach waiting to move. When it came my turn to go through the last tight bit (1:30?) I rushed it and my hips got stuck. For about 5 seconds I panicked. My mind raced and I considered going all the way back. Then I gathered myself. Went back in a bit and positioned my hips to make it through.

I had a friend that went exploring an off shoot and got stuck for about an hour. He had a lot of experience exploring caves and was really good at it but I thought he would never go in a cave again judging by the look on his face when he got out. We were pretty freaked out as well because we couldn't even get close enough to see him.

Another time my "tough guy" roommate wouldn't go through and JF and it took about 20 minutes of coaching to get him through last bit on the highway where the ledge runs out and you have to get through by pressing on each side. He didn't talk so tough after that.

I was friends with a guy on the search and rescue team. I guess a lot of people get hurt and/or stuck in there. There has even been a few deaths. He said that once they had to get a guy out that broke his back. I asked "how did you get him through the pipes?" And he said: "we took him off the back board and he screamed like hell". He said they actually have plans where they can blow a hole in the side of the cliff to get someone out if they needed to.

I have a bunch of stories about that cave. A great way to spend a few hours.