Quantcast

...it's a YouTube extravaganza!

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Where's all the rocks and roots everywhere slowing you down? Oh right that's the NW, not NE :biggrin:

I've ridden SC a couple times and LOVED it. Looks like a fun trail.

Haha! Rocks? We don't have those here. =P

Thanks man! Good trail indeed. Its a 40 min climb for the ~4 min DH. So worth it. The video doesn't give the trail justice...

Yeah Santa Cruz has some great riding. But you really have to stick to the legal trails now because they are cracking down hard on the illegal trails. Soquel Demo forest and Wilder Ranch for the win! =]

vtjim

Beware of Milo & Otis
Jan 6, 2006
North Andover MA
Haha! Rocks? We don't have those here. =P

Thanks man! Good trail indeed. Its a 40 min climb for the ~4 min DH. So worth it. The video doesn't give the trail justice...

Yeah Santa Cruz has some great riding. But you really have to stick to the legal trails now because they are cracking down hard on the illegal trails. Soquel Demo forest and Wilder Ranch for the win! =]
Both times I was there we rode up behind the Bell Helmet factory. Those trails were open, then anyway. I don't know the area real well though. There was one trail called 'Dead Camper' that was fun all hell. With a full on DH bike it would have been even better, but my bike handled it well enough.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Both times I was there we rode up behind the Bell Helmet factory. Those trails were open, then anyway. I don't know the area real well though. There was one trail called 'Dead Camper' that was fun all hell. With a full on DH bike it would have been even better, but my bike handled it well enough.
Yeah Dead Campers and those other trails back behind Bell are all illegal except for some shared trails/fire road for the UC students. DC used to be my favorite trail, especially right after a rain! It mellowed the lose rocks out a lot and just made it more gnar =]

vtjim

Beware of Milo & Otis
Jan 6, 2006
North Andover MA
Yeah Dead Campers and those other trails back behind Bell are all illegal except for some shared trails/fire road for the UC students. DC used to be my favorite trail, especially right after a rain! It mellowed the lose rocks out a lot and just made it more gnar =]
Seriously, those trails are all illegal? How long have they been closed off? That sucks, those trails were just buttery. Had a lot of fun back there.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Yep, illegal and being patrolled regularly and tickets being written. Some sort of beetle, people getting hit by cars/crashing on the trails, and all of the hooligans drinking on the road drop outs causing all the trouble.

Oh well.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Sadly not. We just build the FLIR camera for the Block 1B models (which includes the land based ones). I used to work in a Naval Base and although they test them out, they dont tend to fire close to civilians :banghead:
could be because you might go deaf w/ 3000-4500 20mm rounds per minute going off near you