Quantcast

It's complete!!!!!!!!! My New Karpiel Disco!!!!!

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
A big thanks to Karpiel and everyone else who helped out!!! Here are a few pictures of the new bike, I just finished it today. Hopefully I'll be trying it out at N* next Sat the 20th, I can't wait!!!!!!!!!

Sorry for the poor quality pics.

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
Needs red alloy spoke nipples. Oh, and nice work bench.

Is it me, or does the head angle look really steep? Might just be the angle from which the pic was taken.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
That's gonna be a sick paper weight.

How much them pedals cost?

I'm kind of disturbed by how nice that bike looks.
Pedals........... a lot. They are truly a work of art, Tyler @ Twenty6 is a real nice guy. He also has some new goodies coming out soon too:thumb:

So disturbing in a good way? Are we intrigued?

Tootrikky

Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
Mount Vernon
Looks better than I expected...quite nice! You should post a pic of an old Disco to compare.
Can it be slackened it out a bit by adjusting the eccentric shock mount(s)?

Apr 14, 2008
To much red. It reminds me of a bike you see in Kmart too- I think its the decals.

But if it rides well- who cares eh.

Last edited:

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Here's my old Disco from late 2001/2002

As far as the tires go, I ran them the direction of the arrow. This is the first time I've ever used Comp 16's. I've always used Comp 32's & 24's. I'll probable turn them around, but want to try them this way first.

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
Your new Disco is damn hot....I like that you matched all the bits

RD3

Monkey
Nov 30, 2003
PA
Looks sweet! Nice selection of parts.
Do you have the geometry #s for that frame?

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
are those the RS7 cranks?
and is that a adjustable travel cam like the Armageddon?

and btw, the bike is too clean, but it still looks fast.....red=fast

zane

Turbo Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Vancouver, WA
I literally just said "wow" and my dog looked at me funny......

Beautiful bike, and it looks like a capable machine too. I like the changes they've made.

zane

Turbo Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Vancouver, WA
And like he said the angles will slacken out..... he'll probably have around 3 inches of sag in the rear. That'll do a lot to the geometry.

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
with all of my wise a$$ cracks and bullsh!t, I had some of the best times of my life on this bike.
Of course you did - you were 16, had a mullet, were driving around New England to a sick race series in a badass stabbin' cabin/mini-van, and your parents were footing the bill. Who wouldn't be having the time of their life??!?? :)

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Can you lower the travel and slack it out like the old ones?
67 is ehhh....not my cup of tea ;)

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Of course you did - you were 16, had a mullet, were driving around New England to a sick race series in a badass stabbin' cabin/mini-van, and your parents were footing the bill. Who wouldn't be having the time of their life??!?? :)
Hey!!!!! What's wrong with a mullet? That's the hair style of choice in the mid-west:thumb:

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
looks good man, def turn the tires around you will have much better ride with them "backwards".

i love how a few days ago people were rippin on the bling m6 with all the color matchin parts, and now people love it? i dont understand these internet people.... nice bike tho btw.

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
Here's my old Disco from late 2001/2002

As far as the tires go, I ran them the direction of the arrow. This is the first time I've ever used Comp 16's. I've always used Comp 32's & 24's. I'll probable turn them around, but want to try them this way first.
All Mich DH tires go the opposite way of the arrow (they are french)...they will roll faster and brake better if you swap them.

karpi

Monkey
Apr 17, 2006
Santiasco, Chile
wow, Im blown away! Brian, what size is your frame? it looks like a small!? How does the bike feel in the parking lot test? Another question, why run it under 10 travel? In personal preference, Id run a smaller shock, thus less travel, put it in the progressive setting with the concentrics, and run it low and chopper! haha, are you running Easton 50? they're on the heavy side and a bit short? all in all, thats a bad ass bike you have there, Im so jelous right now! now ride it as it was meant to be ridden!

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Wow man, that thing is sweet. That is a really nice looking build.

You better make it out on the 20th. A lot of us monkeys will be out there!

We should talk about Hope brakes. PM?

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Looks cool, glad you finally got this thing rolling... it's been many months in the works.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
wow, Im blown away! Brian, what size is your frame? it looks like a small!? How does the bike feel in the parking lot test? Another question, why run it under 10 travel? In personal preference, Id run a smaller shock, thus less travel, put it in the progressive setting with the concentrics, and run it low and chopper! haha, are you running Easton 50? they're on the heavy side and a bit short? all in all, thats a bad ass bike you have there, Im so jelous right now! now ride it as it was meant to be ridden!
The frame is a medium, the geometry is way different than the previous bikes. It's kinda weird, it measures a little smaller than my old med/large Armageddon, but it's bigger than my son's small Armageddon. Suspension definitely feels different than the previous bikes.