Quantcast

!@#$% It's Finally Friday GMT%$#@!

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
I am le tired. Was at a charity fundraiser event last night for my wife's work. Eating fancy horderves and drinking tasty craft brews in the name of charity... it's a tough life but someone has to do it.

Also, F#CK YEAH FOR A THREE DAY WEEKEND!

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
HOLLLAAA HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!!!

Finally got a good sleep last night and was not up until 4am coughing. Throat is still sketchy and nose is stuffy, but overall feeling better.

Tomorrow will be ride day. Slow, easy and long.

There is a Canada Cup DH race on Sunday at the local hill, which I'd like to go watch but that'd most likely mean very little or no riding. Not sure if that'll fly. Still need to put the brakes and shock back on the DH bike. @mykel you going? I'm guessing the lines will be crazy again. And possibility of rain....lots of rain the last day and a bit too.

Last edited:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Made the executive decision last night to go camping this weekend in spite of the weather not looking so great. Got in bed late as a result, so I am tired this morning. I shall drink my tea and take it easy.

Yossarian

Monkey Pimp
Jul 25, 2001
Aboard the Inchcliffe Castle
Last day of school for the chittlins was yesterday. That meant I got to sleep in this morning. Much needed. Opening night of the pool tonight. Lots of people gathering to drink and eat. Leaving for the lake tomorrow morn, whenever I wake up. Much drinking will occur there and fishing too. If my foot is feeling better throughout the day, I may drag a bike and go for a ride Sunday morning. I drew the proverbial shitty end of the stick and have to work monday morning. I am still debating whether to leave from the lake or go home Sunday night. I guess that will depend on whether I hate everybody by then. Odds are high.

Boss man has said that if possible, we are quitting at 2 today. Since our 1 hour lunch starts at 1, I am not sure if that means leaving at 1 or a walking lunch.

Time to make the donuts.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
It is not Friday is it SATURDAY LMFAO. I started my four day weekend by sleeping until 7:30. Today's plan includes an outdoor swim, a run, and grocery shopping.

My dog is such a wuss. Trying to get her outside to poop in the rain is not easy. My last dog didn't care what the weather was doing...she'd go for a poop stroll in a hurricane.

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
I ended up with a bone bruise on my kneecap after my mishap on Monday which led to me not riding at since then. That makes me bitchy. Hoping to give it another day of rest and go out tomorrow.

Now for this work day to end.....

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
FTS.

Google WiFi ordered, MagicJack phone credits and 911 location purchased. Amazon says Monday for the switch, etc. Cable cutting will probably be in effect by end of next week. Yesterday's comment of the day winner: Haley. "Mommy knows how to turn the TV on, but I have to show her how to use the little remote* to find shows. She doesn't know how to." *Little remote is the Firse Stick remote.

New tire for the Yeti supposedly showing up tomorrow.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Got the forks stripped, frame is 95%, but the bars are another story all together. There was at least 3 different paint jobs, all on top of each other. The Skyways just took a wipe down with some tire cleaner and they look brand new.

Still some pink in the cracks of the head tube badge.

There is a small dent on the top of the top tube, but I decided I would leave it. The pink that was the top coat was shot so damn heavy. They shot it with the bearing cups in place and threw some grease on top. :panic:

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Yo. Am sure that BMX racing will be canceled tonight. Will commence work on parts swap to rebuild my FB-10 for my almost 10 year old and for me to resurrect my wife's VP Free for me - hoping to hit up lower Whiteface MTB park with kid some time around opening.

EDIT: anyone here know jack about spring rates? what would work for 120 lb person?

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
At work.

Rode last night in the pouring rain. For the most part, it was a good ride as the rain kept the mud thin. There was one section, however, that is heinous. It rides so great when it's dry, but develops really deep mud holes and long soft sections that get braided. no bueno. unfortunately, it is an essential connector to make a great loop. I guess it can be by-passed with a 5 minute road ride, so that's an option.

Wife leaves for the weekend this afternoon, so it's just me and the boys this weekend. I've lined up a babysitter for tomorrow morning so I can ride, and I think I will take them to our local pow wow on Sunday. This weekend will go by quickly....

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Let me know what you think.
Will do. I'll be making substantial changes re: internet at the same time, so it won't be a "pure sampling". Home network coverage will be the indicator here, as my basement has shit speed and WiFi connectivity.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Put in a clean run at last nights enduro race. Let's see if I beat that Shandro character...

Weekly progress meeting today and hopefully a chilled out end to the week. I'm on early kid pickup duty today, so perhaps they will be my perfect excuse to leave around lunch.

Fingers crossed.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Cold has settled into my chest. I wonder how many weeks of dry cough I will need to endure.
Eleventy billionty.

Morning. 2nd day of persistent rain here. I am going to try to finish the suspension overhaul today, unless I start drinking early. Given how things are at work and that I am losing a zombie tooth soon, drinking early is definitely a very likely plan.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Here is the full parts order (will get a few things local still):

Comp III 16x2.125 front, 16x1.75 rear
Jump seat
Wellgo mini platforms (75% for 16" bikes)
Tektro BMX Mini Brake/Lever/Cable Set
ODI Mini Ruffian lock on grips
Redline Complete Decal Set White
Chrome chain
Redline mini BMX pad set

Total build is still under $125.

Bman was helping me strip the fame last night and he said "This kid has no idea how pimp his bike will be." While I admit I spent a little more on things like the chain and grips when when he won't have reference of quality, but I refrained from spending double on the tires going with the cheaper black sidewall vs the traditional (and pimp) gumwall.

But he will have the pimpest bike in the 'hood, if not in the county. :rofl:

<edit> Bman recalled all the work we did on his Hoffman (first clear metal flake powder over raw), so he knows I do this for all the kids. He also appreciates it, so it is so worth it in the end.

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. Food Truck Friday this evening and then a 3 day weekend... except I signed up to work 5-10 on Sunday because gotta pay the bills.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Locals: I am cleared by the wife-bot for riding on Sunday morning. Anyone game?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
If not raining nor ungodly early I could be down for something.
I am not planning an ungodly early "dawn patrol" ride as favored by some around here... :D Where do you want to go?

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Mountain Lion? Bergen Peak?

I'm sure I have a tire you can use/have.
It's not that I don't have tires. I'm sick and tired of mounting tires and swapping them in near term. I'm waiting for my new tire, setting it, and hopefully not going to have it rip off again.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
FTS.

Google WiFi ordered, MagicJack phone credits and 911 location purchased. Amazon says Monday for the switch, etc. Cable cutting will probably be in effect by end of next week. Yesterday's comment of the day winner: Haley. "Mommy knows how to turn the TV on, but I have to show her how to use the little remote* to find shows. She doesn't know how to." *Little remote is the Firse Stick remote.

New tire for the Yeti supposedly showing up tomorrow.
Not to be sexist or anything, but why does it seem like the majority of women I'm surrounded by are unable to interact with technology? Both young and old, they are either perplexed or too lazy to figure out how to work things and punt it to the man in their life. I swear my wife is under the impression that at a young age I was sent off to man school where I learned how to fix anything and everything.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
If not raining nor ungodly early I could be down for something.
Wife and I could be good for Sunday too depending on plans. We had talked about the big loop at Buff Crick, but are open to alternatives.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Not to be sexist or anything, but why does it seem like the majority of women I'm surrounded by are unable to interact with technology? Both young and old, they are either perplexed or too lazy to figure out how to work things and punt it to the man in their life. I swear my wife is under the impression that at a young age I was sent off to man school where I learned how to fix anything and everything.
the majority of men don't get technology either, they just won't openly admit to it.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Wife and I could be good for Sunday too depending on plans. We had talked about the big loop at Buff Crick, but are open to alternatives.
As long as this doesn't involve too much climbing I'm game. :D Shuttle that shit!