Quantcast

Jehova's Witnesses

What should I have done?

• Told them no thanks and have a good night.

Votes: 21 26.6%
  • Invited them in for tea.

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Invited them in and seduce the cute one.

Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Invited them in and seduced them both.

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Invited them in and asked them to seduce each other.

Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Slammed the door in their face

Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Just locked the door without acknowledging them.

Votes: 9 11.4%

• Total voters

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
on the whole rational/irrational health care bit, jehovah's witnesses often refuse blood transfusions when taken to the ER after car wrecks and the like (when they, or more horrifyingly, their children could really use the blood)...

http://www.ajwrb.org/basics/abstain.shtml

beamer

Chimp
Sep 13, 2005
Springville, Utah
JRogers said:
Hey, I have a question. What's with Mormons and short-sleeve dress shirts? I don't get it.
I am a mormon, and was a missionary for two years. The reason why we wear short-sleaved dress shirts is for one it gets hot walking around and riding bikes around town. And the reason why we are dressed in "nice clothes" is because we are representing our faith. When we are finished serving our mission we go back to jeans or what ever. Except for when we go to church.

Missionaries may look different while were going around teaching, but were just a bunch of 19-21 year old guys trying to do the right thing. Nobody gets paid, in fact we pay our own way, rent, food, everything.

It was during my mission in Illinois and Iowa is when I learned to love biking. I first bought a Trek 850 that was way huge, then smarted up and purchased a Klein Pulse.

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
beamer said:
I am a mormon, and was a missionary for two years. The reason why we wear short-sleaved dress shirts is for one it gets hot walking around and riding bikes around town. And the reason why we are dressed in "nice clothes" is because we are representing our faith. When we are finished serving our mission we go back to jeans or what ever. Except for when we go to church.

Missionaries may look different while were going around teaching, but were just a bunch of 19-21 year old guys trying to do the right thing. Nobody gets paid, in fact we pay our own way, rent, food, everything.

It was during my mission in Illinois and Iowa is when I learned to love biking. I first bought a Trek 850 that was way huge, then smarted up and purchased a Klein Pulse.
Cool. I didn't mean any disrespect or anything. Far from it. I was brought up going to church every week and I am now a senior in college majoring in religious studies (and geography...there's a good chance I'll be studying the former in grad school). I don't subscribe to any particular faith at the moment, though. But I do have a Book of Mormon on my shelf! I was always just puzzled by the whole sleeves thing. I mean, I even saw two young guys here in the library here the other day. Well dressed, nametags, etc....sans sleeves, of course, even though it was about 50 degrees and had been raining for a week. I have my share of shirts in my closet, but not a single short-sleeve dress shirt. I dunno, maybe that's just me.

Andyman_1970

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2003
The Natural State
Toshi said:
on the whole rational/irrational health care bit, jehovah's witnesses often refuse blood transfusions when taken to the ER after car wrecks and the like (when they, or more horrifyingly, their children could really use the blood)...

http://www.ajwrb.org/basics/abstain.shtml
Yeah they terribly misinterpret a passage in Leviticus that says "life is in the blood", so they for some reason abstain from transfusions.

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
all the mormon kids I've ever know have been the most upstanding folks...

hardcore drug addicts and even though married, having sex with everyone and anyone. :thumb: