Quantcast

Jericho.

avalanche165

Monkey
Aug 15, 2006
Many people know what's going on...

I wouldn't say that at all. So far, they're just frustrated and upset by the situation, both globally and very personally (having to come up with false identities).
i was thinking along the lines that, if your entire family has to come up with false identities, its probably a tad bit dysfunctionalitious. cant say from experience, but maybe.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
I agree cuz the plot arch requires it.

How awesome is Heroes? I loved that Hiro showed up from the future, that was cool.
OMG.....it just keeps getting better....when Hiro showed up at the end I almost wet myself when the scene ended cause....well....I just want the whole story.....damn it....another 6 days.....aaarrrggghhh...

I missed The Unit last night though...argh. :sad Squirrel:

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
OK, were those rockets or jets at the end of the episode?
ICBMs with nuke warheads.

Wonder why no one came to the podium for the Emergency Alert System? It's cuz the fvcking gov't only wanted the power back on -- which automatically activated the EAS, but no one was home -- just so they could launch the ICBMs to retaliate.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
Ok i'll only watch it now on because i need something to do before LOST.
4th episode (maybe 5th i forget) and their still just selling groceries like there will be an endless supply. WATER (ok they kind of addressed that because of the fires?) sure there's plenty nor worries. The only person who has even mentioned conservation is the black dude.
They have EVERY reason to believe they are under attack but nobody is concerned about the basic necessities of life. That’s bad writing.
Rules of emergency situations:
Water
Food
Shelter

Aug 31, 2006
4th episode (maybe 5th i forget) and their still just selling groceries like there will be an endless supply.
completely agree, but while it's the fifth episode, we don't know how long it's been since the attack. I would've liked them to periodically post timelines. Maybe it's been only three or four days. They could still be in denial.

BillT

Monkey
completely agree, but while it's the fifth episode, we don't know how long it's been since the attack. I would've liked them to periodically post timelines. Maybe it's been only three or four days. They could still be in denial.

I thought they did post a quick timeline at the beginning of the episode - I think it said something like '4 days after the attack' for the episode this week.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
4days? 4DAYS? At the 4 day mark i'd of already lOOTed all the beer and ramen noodles in town.
i'd be sittin back in my hammock smokin a spliff drinking a red strip waitin for my FEMA check.

InsideMan

Monkey
Jun 1, 2006
On an Island
4days? 4DAYS? At the 4 day mark i'd of already lOOTed all the beer and ramen noodles in town.
i'd be sittin back in my hammock smokin a spliff drinking a red strip waitin for my FEMA check.
Hillarious, wheres my hand out! Someone needs to make a spoof about Hurrican Katrina and Jericho, any suggestions anyone???

Lex

Monkey
Dec 6, 2001
Massachusetts
Ok i'll only watch it now on because i need something to do before LOST.
4th episode (maybe 5th i forget) and their still just selling groceries like there will be an endless supply. WATER (ok they kind of addressed that because of the fires?) sure there's plenty nor worries. The only person who has even mentioned conservation is the black dude.
They have EVERY reason to believe they are under attack but nobody is concerned about the basic necessities of life. That’s bad writing.
Rules of emergency situations:
Water
Food
Shelter
Actual in the first (or maybe second) episode the grocery got cleared out immediately. The kid who works there found the stopped train on the tracks with the food shipment. That's how they got the resupply.

I agree that there is a lot less panic from people than you'd imagine, but I think it's pretty plausible. They're just portraying the people as having a wait and let the government help sort of attitude (although not completely). A bunch of the characters are still acting as if nothing is all that different.

InsideMan

Monkey
Jun 1, 2006
On an Island
why do they hang out in the bar all the time?! I would run out to the middle of nowhere and become a hermit and build a small cabin with an under ground bunker so the North Koreans couldnt find me.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
I agree that there is a lot less panic from people than you'd imagine, but I think it's pretty plausible. They're just portraying the people as having a wait and let the government help sort of attitude (although not completely). A bunch of the characters are still acting as if nothing is all that different.
The teenagers are acting like I would expect.

"Uh Dude, the library is burning down and I didn't do it uh huh.":banghead:

The kids have the "what ever" response I would expect. THere phones still have a charge so they are OK. double :banghead: :banghead:

:D

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
why do they hang out in the bar all the time?! I would run out to the middle of nowhere and become a hermit and build a small cabin with an under ground bunker so the North Koreans couldnt find me.
Satelite Cable or something? The other TV's didn't get the live feed of the podium. Right? :confused:

Before that I guess that is where a small town would congregate when their TV's are out. I mean if LOST isn't on, I am going drinking. :cheers: :happydance:

:brows:

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
Actual in the first (or maybe second) episode the grocery got cleared out immediately. The kid who works there found the stopped train on the tracks with the food shipment. That's how they got the resupply.

arggg. i just dont have the time too much work. Yes i saw them clean out the place but then when the kid brought the new supplies they just went back to 'normal.'

dogwonder

Nitro
May 3, 2005
Walking the Earth
ICBMs with nuke warheads.

Wonder why no one came to the podium for the Emergency Alert System? It's cuz the fvcking gov't only wanted the power back on -- which automatically activated the EAS, but no one was home -- just so they could launch the ICBMs to retaliate.
So the ICBM's must have been launched locally to cause all that ruckus. I missed the first couple episodes, do they live near a missle facility?

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
So the ICBM's must have been launched locally to cause all that ruckus. I missed the first couple episodes, do they live near a missle facility?
I don't remember silos being mentioned, but I sure can imagine a little town in the middle of nowhere being near silos. They wouldn't put 'em near big towns, ya know, just in case of an accident.

as for ruckus, that's TV magic baby!

dogwonder

Nitro
May 3, 2005
Walking the Earth
I don't remember silos being mentioned, but I sure can imagine a little town in the middle of nowhere being near silos. They wouldn't put 'em near big towns, ya know, just in case of an accident.

as for ruckus, that's TV magic baby!
I agree they are always in podunk towns for obvious reasons...did they actually give a good view of the missles? I was probably f'ing around and missed it.

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
I agree they are always in podunk towns for obvious reasons...did they actually give a good view of the missles? I was probably f'ing around and missed it.
yeah, the groung shoke which was funny and you could see them headed up into the sky. It's kinda funny they picked a CO town for this as there are no ICBM silos in CO.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
I got annoyed when the radioactive storm blew in from Denver. They said it normally "takes two hours for a storm to blow in from Denver."

I turned to my woman and said, "WTF? I've driven Denver through Kansas, that's bullsh!t."

She said, "It's probably two hours distance from when they see the storm that's coming from Denver. Not actually a storm in Denver."

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
New week, new thoughts?

I expected the town gathering to harvest...:) But I am a good old boy that way. Hell the TV is dead, nothing else to do. :D

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
New week, new thoughts?
disappointed. Losing interest.

The only two characters of interest are the black govt dude and Skeet ulrich's character.

they said yesterday that it's been four weeks since the nukes. They haven't begun planning on what to do. Here's the kicker... they haven't even said that they need to plan.

Too many of the characters are wooden, undeveloped, characatures. I mean, it's what, five episodes so far? Maybe I'm spoiled, but I'd have thought that the actors would've started owning their roles by now.

I take that back, the kid in the grocery store and the girl who's becoming friends with him, they're pretty good actors.

The corn farm owner and IRS agent, the mayor and his wife, the mayor's older son and his wife... They're actually worse now.

Heroes now, that show is developing very nicely.

I've downloaded some Torchwood episodes from UK. Sounds interesting.

InsideMan

Monkey
Jun 1, 2006
On an Island
Did you see the end of last nights episode? what the heck is up with Jake and the dude in jail? seems like they are in on something together, and what the hell did he do for the past four years he was gone? The black govt dude found him in a govt database with tons of countrys Jake had visited. Dont stop watching now, things look to be taking a twist.

InsideMan

Monkey
Jun 1, 2006
On an Island
I never saw any russian letters, are you sure it just wasnt in code.....encrypted maybe. I want to know what it is he does excactly, NSA, CIA, foriegn govt agency?!

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Yes, they were russian characters. I remember commenting about it at the time.

What it means is clearly unknown.

It's obvious that whatever his career was, it was deep enough to have been away from his family for four years.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
the website was Russian Hotmail / MSN Messenger portal.

I'm guessing that all the web hosts, switching stations and backbones in the USA were targeted.

After all, the internet was designed to survive a war because it's distributed and decentralized. However, enemies know this and if they target key points, they isolate various internet nodes.

That said, there had to be a web provider in town and probably hosting a few websites. So those should've still been accessible to local dial-ins.

Rambling aside, if the US internet was swiss-cheesed, but a major russian internet backbone was still running, then it makes sense to use the satellite uplink to connect to that network.

It doesn't mean war with Russians, just that Russia wasn't targeted... yet.

InsideMan

Monkey
Jun 1, 2006
On an Island
Interesting point. I hope he has a few batteries for that panosonic laptop, or he'll be in the dark to. Those things are expensive!

so what do you do in Denver?