Quantcast

Joes Jump Farm....

Zach Dank

Turbo Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
Gnarcal
I started a new project 6 days ago. My buddy asked me if i wanted to build a massive jump farm in his orchards. He said we could have permanent access to a backhoe to build. I told him that i would have to think about it, and then 2 seconds later, i said ok.:twitch: The picture only show about a fourth of what we are going to build. The start will be a 12 feet tall, 20 feet long steel platform, that drops 6 feet into a 6 feet tall dirt landing, that goes into the first set. The platform will be done tomorrow.

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
Holy sh!t Zach. That is going to be freakin rad. Access to water and everything. I'm soooo jealous. From the pics I've seen... looks like you build some quality jumps. Rock on.

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
2 seconds?! I would have commited at "Do you..." :D

Stuff looks great - I like the berms and side line and everything looks perfectly sculpted. Must be nice to have the backhoe and equipment.

That last hip is loony!

Zach Dank

Turbo Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
Gnarcal
Must be nice to have the backhoe and equipment.
It is a dream come true to have a backhoe, but anyone who knows me will tell you that i have earned it. I have moved a lot of dirt by hand. I have literaly spent thousands of hours with a shuvel over the last few years. Some random stuff i've built over the last few years, by shuvel.

Attachments

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
O yeah, I figured you have had a lot of shovel time with the pics I've seen - I'm just jealous :D.

And there still is the time of shaping and packing which is a lot. Not to mention the skill. You certainly don't get sets in the pics above the first time.

T-Pirate

RESPECT!
Sep 28, 2003
Boone, NC/N. Greenville county, SC
It is a dream come true to have a backhoe, but anyone who knows me will tell you that i have earned it. I have moved a lot of dirt by hand. I have literaly spent thousands of hours with a shuvel over the last few years. Some random stuff i've built over the last few years, by shuvel.
I still drool over that red dirt line through the scrub pines everytime I see it. Makes me want the weather to break so I can earn my callouses back.

ServeEm

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2006
SacTown
That's so damn killer! If that's just a quarter of what's to come it's going to be a DJ Disneyland. Congrats on the score.

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM

first pic of the stuff you have made, are they still up?
i saw them on rouge's video and they were great!

grom-dom

Turbo Monkey
Jun 27, 2006
Chapel Thrill
College student/dirt digger by day, pimp fisted ruler by night.
thank you that just made my day, zach rules with a pimp fist and builds the craziest jumps ever and i need to get out to cali. nice work, i was like, nice roller set, then scrolled down "oh thats NOT a roller set, you do some of the best shovel work ive seen, congratulations on making me blow my load :biggrin:

Zach Dank

Turbo Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
Gnarcal
14 days deep into digging on Joes Jump Farm. Here is where we are sitting now. We are about half way done.

The 90 hip is ripping fun.

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
wow that looks nice. i wish all the dirt here was not frozen

i want a pic of someone doing the last mega hip!