Quantcast

Joes Jump Farm....

grom-dom

Turbo Monkey
Jun 27, 2006
Chapel Thrill
duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude fvck those are sooooooooo sick all you gnar cal folks and your dirt mounds! nice work, i am overly jealous

opjones

Monkey
Aug 17, 2006
Detroit
Niiiiice!

How's that dirt holding up for you? It looks a dusty/sandy, am I right? If so what are you doing to hold it together.

Zach Dank

Turbo Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
Gnarcal
Niiiiice!

How's that dirt holding up for you? It looks a dusty/sandy, am I right? If so what are you doing to hold it together.
Nah, the dirt is perfect. It is Norcals finest farm soil. It holds together perfect. You just have to pack it good. We are in middle of building still, so everything isn't fully tamped yet. It also hasn't rained here in 5 weeks, so it gets dry, but it just started raining today.

Zach Dank

Turbo Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
Gnarcal
your friend just randomly offered to let you build jumps on his property and to provide some of the nicest dirt and access to heavy machinery. that sounds like luck to me.
I have been building and searching for places to build DJ's in every nook and cranny for years. Not just once in a while, but everyday. Homeboy offered me his property because he knows what i have built, and how dedicated i am to the cause. Like i said, luck has nothing to do with it. If you put in the same effort as me, for the same amount of time, you would have a spot just as sick. Fortunate is a good way of looking at it.

bent^biker

Turbo Monkey
Feb 22, 2006
pdx
sweet, buddy of mine might let me do something similar on his dairy farm this summer. need some good (say cheap) roll in ideas though because its pretty flat and not tons of dirt to spare

Zach Dank

Turbo Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
Gnarcal
sweet, buddy of mine might let me do something similar on his dairy farm this summer. need some good (say cheap) roll in ideas though because its pretty flat and not tons of dirt to spare
Our drop in cost about $500. The welding was free though.

opjones

Monkey
Aug 17, 2006
Detroit
Nah, the dirt is perfect. It is Norcals finest farm soil. It holds together perfect. You just have to pack it good. We are in middle of building still, so everything isn't fully tamped yet. It also hasn't rained here in 5 weeks, so it gets dry, but it just started raining today.
Damn that's nice, but I should have known it was good soil, you're on a freakin apple orchard. :lighten:

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
That hip is rad. Looks like it is to your natural way. There's got to be some guys that are opposite that will be freaked by that thing.

grom-dom

Turbo Monkey
Jun 27, 2006
Chapel Thrill
man those trails are built my natural way that place is aweosme. i just realized to zach and i ride same general way, left foot forward, hip right etc. pretty cool

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
That's why you build multiple hips in a row in alternating directions.........to get over that nonsense:D
Word. I do them both ways. In fact, I kinda like going my unnatural way. I'm just sayin.... not everybody has my steez. :biggrin: And a hip that big, to your opposite way, can be intimidating.

Actually, a hip that big, no matter which way you like to go, can be intimidating... that shight is core. :thumb:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Word. I do them both ways. In fact, I kinda like going my unnatural way. I'm just sayin.... not everybody has my steez. :biggrin: And a hip that big, to your opposite way, can be intimidating.

Actually, a hip that big, no matter which way you like to go, can be intimidating... that shight is core. :thumb:
I just said that because we built a hip line with 5 jumps that alternate.......mainly for that very reason. They're about the same size as the one zach's got going on and having that line has definitely made an equal opportunity hipper out of the few of us that ride it.

Zach Dank

Turbo Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
Gnarcal
Some of our homies came over for a Norcal throwdown. The Farm is on hit right now. We still have a ton of work to do in the next month. We are working on the first curved wallride right now.

Me going down with the ship.

opjones

Monkey
Aug 17, 2006
Detroit
This on is mind boggling, did you turn the landing of the hip into a spine?

I know you're launching from the Hip take off, but the tracks up the landing is what's throwing it all off.

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
sick, but please can we put a ban on posting anymore pics of spangler gay whacked out x up whip deals or whatever they are. they make me wanna gourge my eyes out

Zach Dank

Turbo Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
Gnarcal
sick, but please can we put a ban on posting anymore pics of spangler gay whacked out x up whip deals or whatever they are. they make me wanna gourge my eyes out
Wow. That is some serious disrespect to one of the sickest riders out there. Randy is also one of the nicest pros out there too. That guy gets more respect from riders than anyone.