Quantcast

Junior World's Team Qualifier-Rollcall and Course Pics-Plattekill Mountain

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Better pack your galoshes just in case:

Saturday: A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 62. South wind between 7 and 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Saturday Night: Showers likely. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 38. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.

Sunday: Showers likely. Cloudy, with a high near 59. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Jim "the weatherman" Mac are you camping?

rich
No, never! Too tough on my old man back! And imagine camping at Platty with a 9 month old...Staying at my sister's house in West Hurley, about 45 minutes away.

PS, I am in no way associated with the "Weathermen"! HAHA!

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
actually jim it's not looking bad at all. accuweather.com is has proven to be pretty reliable for platty.

sat: High: 61°F RealFeel®: 59°F Mostly cloudy

sat nite:Low: 44°F RealFeel®: 37°F Increasing clouds with a passing shower or two late

sun:High: 59°F RealFeel®: 56°F Mostly cloudy with a shower possible

of course as Todd said all that means nothing. Plattys like the Bermuda Triangle of weather. Just bring all the raingear, put on the mud tires and it'll be sunny all day !!

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
actually jim it's not looking bad at all. accuweather.com is has proven to be pretty reliable for platty.

sat: High: 61°F RealFeel®: 59°F Mostly cloudy

sat nite:Low: 44°F RealFeel®: 37°F Increasing clouds with a passing shower or two late

sun:High: 59°F RealFeel®: 56°F Mostly cloudy with a shower possible

of course as Todd said all that means nothing. Plattys like the Bermuda Triangle of weather. Just bring all the raingear, put on the mud tires and it'll be sunny all day !!
I like to keep my expectations low - expect a thunderstorm and 2 hour soaking rain prior to the start. That way, if it's any better I'm all set! :happydance:

nh dude

Monkey
May 30, 2003
Vt
i dont think im going to be able to make it over the next 2 days. going insane.
"you need to be patient, don't freeze yourself."

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
Racers Edges just stepped up and donated a TLD Speed Jacket for a JrX Seeding prize. This goes along with the $50 Go-Ride Certificate, donated by Bob Cuomo and the O'Neal Full Face 308 Helmet.

And that's just the seeding prizes for JrX !!!!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
ill see everyone there!
oh god someone please please please get long island bob to terrorize this kid!!!! :rofl: :rofl:

edit: Can someone please hunt down George Ullmer so he can get in on the heckling too! That guy is a walking sh*t talking factory!!!! I haven't seen him since my last race on the east coast, June 2007.

fred.r

Dwangus Bogans
May 9, 2006
So.... any updates? I'm assuming they should be going down the mountain pretty soon....

Froggy

Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
New Fairfield, CT
Kevin Aiello 1st

Will Collins crashed in practice and brusied some ribs...messed up his shoulder...finished 10th

Those were the two names being thrown around...

Geritt Beytagh from Morewood won Pro by 5 seconds...reports coming in from Geritt and Will as they are driving home...cell service is sketchy

Froggy

Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
New Fairfield, CT
yep, kevin aiello won.

http://pinnedmtb.blogspot.com/2008/05/kevin-aiello-wins-at-plattekill.html

not sure what the exact deal was, but apparently the last 5? guys gat a re-run since there was issues with timing? lucky for them since apperntly many of them had issues with their bikes. heard it was pretty sloppy & wet there.

beytagh took the men's win. sorry don't know the full results of either class
Typical Plattekill timing...Geritt was saying it was muddy but a "good mud" tacky and fast....Kevin was 2 seconds of the Beytagh's time...but Geritt said he was saving himself for Maribor next week....awaiting more info

fortenndu

Turbo Monkey
Apr 22, 2008
Boone, NC
thanks to everyone who helped me out. i broke 2 bones in my left hand, fractured my wrist, dislocated/sprained 3 fingers, and got a concussion. great weekend, i'll be wandering around the u.s. open being crippled. sorry for the no caps/bad grammar, this one handed thing sucks.

Good to see you ended up OK H. Good meeting you and J and your Dad. Your Dad is a friggin champ for hanging out w/ the Delta House Crew. You are very lucky. Life lessons from Kenny are a bad idea.

What bone is fractured in your wrist? Hopefully not your scaphoid. Several guys on here including myself have gone thru that healing process. An X-ray can't always pick it up, and if it isn't healed properly, it will die. If there is any question, I would get a CT scan. If it is, i would go straight for the screw instead of a cast.

It took me three different wrecks and 5 years to accumulate your damage in 1 day.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Will Collins crashed in practice and brusied some ribs...messed up his shoulder...finished 10th
that's really rough. He qualified for jr worlds last year but couldn't go because he broke his collarbone in a slalom qualifying round something like a month beforehand

Red Bull

Turbo Monkey
Oct 22, 2004
Kevin Aiello 1st

Those were the two names being thrown around...
Thanks faulty break levers! It really sucks when an important weekend is decided by a mechanical issue. Allthough I manned up and tried to race, and made it down safely. I would have done alright if I had the strength to hold onto the bars but off the second drop I couldn't handle the force and lost it.

Kevin killed it. Props to him... I just wish I could have been at 100% to put in a real run.

Red Bull

Turbo Monkey
Oct 22, 2004
that's really rough. He qualified for jr worlds last year but couldn't go because he broke his collarbone in a slalom qualifying round something like a month beforehand
I didn't qualify last year.

I thought I had broken it again. X-rays showed nothing but my shoulder popped out backwards when I hit a tree way too hard (but went back in.) Atleast I'm alive to race again...

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
The printed times i hav.... 3.35.452 kevin aiello, yeti, ca
3.19.074 neko mulally, rocky mt, pa
3.19.157 naish ulmer, go-ride.com, ut
3.21.716 zach faulkner, drummer, nj
3.21.836 joey schusler yeti, co
3.26.232 ethan quehl khs, ga
3.29.809 peter schulze yeti, nm

few more guys from vt, ct, co, and ca raced. i dont feel like putting their times up because numbers are hard to type. this is off the race results page from the office at platte.

Mani_UT

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
SLC, UT
The printed times i hav.... 3.35.452 kevin aiello, yeti, ca
3.19.074 neko mulally, rocky mt, pa
3.19.157 naish ulmer, go-ride.com, ut

Stocked on Naish!!! The guys at Go-Ride were thinking he could not match the East Coasters on the home turf especially considering we are barely coming out of the winter here (most trails are still below 10 feet of snow), my take was that he'd DNF or do quite good. Glad to see he made it to the bottom :cheers:

jcook90

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2006
Connecticut
Stocked on Naish!!! The guys at Go-Ride were thinking he could not match the East Coasters on the home turf especially considering we are barely coming out of the winter here (most trails are still below 10 feet of snow), my take was that he'd DNF or do quite good. Glad to see he made it to the bottom :cheers:
He got lucky though, they had a couple timing errors so a few people got re-runs. He crashed on his first run. I had to assemble his bike Saturday morning