Quantcast

Kerry Releases his Yale grades...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Graduating Average 3.6. Lowest grade was a single C+ in my statistics class I never attended except for tests.

ummbikes

Don't mess with the Santas
Apr 16, 2002
Napavine, Warshington
3.6 for me freshman and sophomore year, one F, in my C++ programing lab class...

Coding sucks.

I recieved my B.A. from a school that doesn't grade, we recieved an evaluation write-up instead. You could still tell what your "grade" was by counting words and phrases like excellent, above average, average, below average, and the dreaded, no credit awarded. It was cool.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
I didn't school in the US

Recent scores from performance testing:

Verbal reasoning: Better than 98% of the NZ population
Numerical reasoning: Better than 86% of the NZ population
IQ: 149 :D

vtrider

Monkey
Apr 11, 2005
vermont
i did/do school in the usa.
(im a junior) my gpa is a 3.82
i was 65 points under perfect on the psat, on the act stuff i was in the 99th percentile. My iq is 141. silly silly foreigners, people in the usa can be smart too. :thumb:
however, kerry and bush appear not to be, and they're the ones running our country...or at least one of them is. :eek:

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
My GPA was lower. I honestly am not sure what it was finally. two point something. I nearly got kicked out twice. I had a tendency to skip class, not hand stuff in.... and basically learn the course material while I was writing the final exam.....Damned SAE Mini Baja.........

Guntruck

Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
Mill Creek, WA
Whats with all the overachievers around here?? I managed to lower my GPA to a 2.2 by taking lots of crappy CS and post clac math classes that sucked. Since ive switched to an engineering degree its up to a 2.8 though... pretty happy with that. Who cares about grades anyway.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Guntruck said:
Who cares about grades anyway.
:stupid:
School isn't the only place to learn. Some of the most intelligent people I know may or may not have degrees,either way though, they did most of their learning on their own, because they have a thirst for knowledge and a passion for learning. I will be honest about myself though, I never finished college, nor am I as intelligent as those I people I consider to be intelligent people.

N8, a higher net worth does not make you a better person. You know better then that.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Ciaran said:
:stupid:
School isn't the only place to learn. Some of the most intelligent people I know may or may not have degrees,either way though, they did most of their learning on their own, because they have a thirst for knowledge and a passion for learning. I will be honest about myself though, I never finished college, nor am I as intelligent as those I people I consider to be intelligent people.

N8, a higher net worth does not make you a better person. You know better then that.

:yawn:

Neither does getting good grades in college... so your point is...???????

Jr_Bullit

I'm sooo teenie weenie!!!
Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Wow - a couple of kids who chose to screw off in college...what a surprise - especially in freshman year...they were busy learning the art of downing the perfect jello shot and keg stand....

Mine were 3.65 in college...not great, but I suck at economics - the only classes I got a C & B- in...but then, I was a nerd who didn't have much of a life outside of extracurriculars and work...

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
I didn't like school much, too much stress for me. I got some good mountain biking buddies out of it (almost all non-university locals). I got out of there fast in 6 semesters instead of the usual 8-10 most people take - seemed like a waste of my time and money. Lowest grade was B, I got 4 of them while I was there...

GPA was 3.8 (good enough for top 10%) at an ivy

Jr_Bullit

I'm sooo teenie weenie!!!
Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
N8 said:
..and don't earn much?
I dunno that anyone was throwing around $$ figures for themselves - just GPAs...here, I'll start a poll, so we don't actually know personal info about one another...

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Changleen said:
So basically we've shown that even in our little group that Dems tend to have higher GPAs?
Mine would lower that. I think I end up with around a 3.0 or so. The University of Alberta had a screwy 9 point system when I was there.

I scraped by the classes I didn't like, and aced the ones I did. Thank god, or else I'd be an accountant right now...

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
hahaha, i had a mid 3 gpa on my 1st 3 semesters of aerospace engineering, then bipolar disorder hit hard and when i left school it was in the low 2

my SAT was something like mid 500 for verbal, and high 700s for math...
IQ *meassured in an english test* mid 140s... probably could do better in a spanish test..

clancy98

Monkey
Dec 6, 2004
Changleen said:
DOn't spend their entire life in pursuit of the almighty $$?

Aren't you divorced?

There it is folks, Chang keepin it Classy, as always... Man you are a real box of sh|t.

Is there anything I can do to make you kill yourself?

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
all these young 'uns are subject to grade inflation, methinks. :think:

i think i was around a 3.0 or so, maybe a bit higher. chem eng BS from an ivy; i'm happy w/ it.

i make enough scratch to be happy.

clancy, i thought changleen's response, while a bit close to the bone, was appropriate in the bait and reply nature of N8's posts.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
clancy98 said:
There it is folks, Chang keepin it Classy, as always... Man you are a real box of sh|t.

Is there anything I can do to make you kill yourself?
Calm down, N8 likes the abuse. It's why he stays in this forum. I'm just doing my best to provide...

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Changleen said:
Calm down, N8 likes the abuse. It's why he stays in this forum. I'm just doing my best to provide...
Shouldn't that be, "N8 likes the e-buse?" :p

I may not agree with N8 but I have to hand it to him, he really has a thick skin and can laugh at himself. Or at least not get his panties in a bunch when other laugh at him.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Ciaran said:
Shouldn't that be, "N8 likes the e-buse?" :p

I may not agree with N8 but I have to hand it to him, he really has a thick skin and can laugh at himself. Or at least not get his panties in a bunch when other laugh at him.
You're right- I can't believe I missed that one!

And yes, good on ya N8! It wouldn't be the same without you, you crazy republican freak. :thumb: