Quantcast

KHS Gravity Open - UCI - ProGrt #2 - Plattekill Bike Park, NY

miatagal96

Chimp
Feb 7, 2007
wow pro/cat1 course is only a mile? seems a lot longer
The GPS almost always underestimates the actual distance since its sampling frequency misses nuances of twists and turns in the trail. Depending on the trail, the GPS can underestimate distance by up to about 10%. According to Laszlo, it also underestimated the elevation drop by about 100 feet.

soul-skier

Monkey
May 18, 2009
Mother Nature
nah, neal almost died on the road gap jump last year. big guy thought he was Bender and sent that jump.
There is nooo waaayyy I'll overshoot the first double. Don't want scratch the fresh paint on my machine. It's gonna be very close but it should be race-ready at least five seconds before my race run.

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
I will be there before noon tomorrow, can't wait!

20% chance of rain sounds good to me!

Friday: Sunny, with a high near 81. Light and variable wind.

Friday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 54. Southeast wind around 7 mph.

Saturday: Isolated showers and thunderstorms after 1pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 77. South southeast wind between 7 and 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Saturday Night: Isolated showers and thunderstorms before 7pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 52. Southeast wind between 6 and 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Sunday: Mostly cloudy, with a high near 73.

Runner

Monkey
Sep 21, 2007
CT
Does anyone have a spare sram shifter I could use for the weekend? I'll get there tomorrow evening with the green zumbi.

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
Conditions were prime today with mostly West Coast and international riders ripping the course. Decided to head down today at the last minute. Sitting at work today just seemed wrong. It was my first day on a new ride so it took a while to get things sorted, after a quick brake bleed it was all good.

The course was really fast and dry even after a night of rain that left a few puddles in the lots. So far it looks like the course is going to be taped wide in a few tech sections, giving riders lots of options between steep chutes and good sized drops.

Pits are filling fast and still available at the Registration Desk. The pit sites are marked and numbered saving you a prime spot for the weekend. Please park inside the white lines and leave the middle open for emergengy vehicles, you will be asked to move inside. Sorry about all the rules and stuff, its only for this race.

The ProGrt seems to be gaining momentum with top teams racing the first event in Port Angeles, WA. The number of pro riders at the first ProGrt and those so far registered at The KHS Gravity Open at Plattekill prove that.

This race is also the first ever Eastern States Cup Series race at Mount Snow and Plattekill Bike Parks. Both mountains got together this summer and combined their long standing series into one. It is a USA Cycling Regional Championship Series and both mountains will feature USA Cycling State Championship one day races.

And Oh Man wait till you see the starting ramps the guys made. !!

Last edited:

jutny

Monkey
Jan 15, 2009
Montclair, NJ
If i make it it's gonna be a miracle.

I was packing up my van: compressor, generator, bikes, motorcycle (for emergencies), clothes, tools, tires, spares, etc...

I finally finished, and went to check all 4 tires for proper pressure, 2 driver side tires at a nice 70psi, pass rear @ 30 but i knew that one leaks slowly. Front pass. was also @ 30 which was strange... aired it up to 70 and it starts leaking air from the valve core... or so I thought.

the the damn brass insert that holds the valve core comes shooting out of the rubber valve stem and hits me in the ankle, which hurt. Cursing ensued because how the hell am i gonna fix that. Jacked it up, let the air pressure out, and rubber cemented the bitch back in there. Waiting a bit and i'll try to air it up again. I DO have a spare, I just really don't want to go there.

*sigh*

feels better to get that out.

See ya'll tomorrow morning.

Pip3r

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2001
Foxboro MA
Oh man, so bummed to be missing this. Thanks for getting pics up so quick it makes sitting my my cubicle a bit better (or maybe worse?...)

Trek pit at Plattekill is pretty funny. Props to everyone at pkill thats put in the work to make this look super legitimate so far.

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
Have fun this weekend everyone!! Sounds like the event is going to be killer.

Unfortunately Wachusett Brew Racing won't be at this race, but we'll see you all at the US Open.

Good luck!