Quantcast

King Hub - 24mm?

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
I don't care how performance oriented or function before form you are, sexy matters. King hubs have ferrari lines and colors where Hadley has econo-box styling in basic black nailed.

People like color options, that's all I'm saying...

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
zedro said:
yeah, people just dont get it. Like the other day i called up Go-Ride to order hubs, and asked them for the funnest sexiest hubs they had. Somehow the phone connection went dead before i got an answer....
Uh Zed, they probably thought you were asking for a date. They gots lots of those calls after posting those facial hair pics.

Maybe you were a little too eager with the credit card there champ.

:p :p

zedro

Turbo Monkey
Sep 14, 2001
at the end of the longest line
OGRipper said:
Uh Zed, they probably thought you were asking for a date. They gots lots of those calls after posting those facial hair pics.

Maybe you were a little too eager with the credit card there champ.

:p :p
well i asked them where do i stick the credit card. I wonder why they got so upset?

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
oh man, that sucks. i've seen 3 on ebay in the past 4 months. i wonder what the hold up is with those things.

RD

Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
Boston, MA
punkassean said:
I don't care how performance oriented or function before form you are, sexy matters. King hubs have ferrari lines and colors where Hadley has econo-box styling in basic black nailed.

People like color options, that's all I'm saying...
you can actually get hadley hubs in gold, blue, black and maybe red now.

just some options

I own both Hadley and King hubs, I love them all.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
binary visions said:
It isn't, but IMO, they are avoiding the issues with having their hubs run across the board on DH/FR bikes which are generally abused a lot more than what they've previously run their hubs on.

It's not that their hubs can't necessarily take it, but they are significantly lighter than other DH hubs. They're strong hubs, but they're not designed to be in the same class as, say, the Hadley DH hubs. I think you'd see a lot more failed CK hubs if they offered them in 12/15mm axle & 150mm hub configurations, simply because there'd be more of them being used on high-abuse bikes..

edit: Disclaimer: I have no knowledge of King's intentions, and this may be completely off. If so, I deeply apologize for any mental anguish you have suffered from this post. Not to be taken internally. Your mileage may vary.
very good reasoning :thumb:

now where the f is a king bb:confusion:

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
FlipSide said:
I think I remember reading somewhere that King would consider making 1.5 headsets the day either RockShox, Fox or Marzocchi would also offer 1.5 forks. As long as it's only Manitou (and Magura I believe), it may not be a good business decision to invest time and money into producing 1.5 headsets.
Someone may have already said this... but i dont see the 1.5 as just a need for 1.5 forks. I really think 1.5 headtubes with reducer bearings for 1 1/8 forks could be alot more popular. You get the frame benefits of the larger headtube, but can still run traditional 1 1/8 DH forks. If king made a 1.5r headset i'd just about kill for one.......

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
oly said:
Someone may have already said this... but i dont see the 1.5 as just a need for 1.5 forks. I really think 1.5 headtubes with reducer bearings for 1 1/8 forks could be alot more popular. You get the frame benefits of the larger headtube, but can still run traditional 1 1/8 DH forks. If king made a 1.5r headset i'd just about kill for one.......

:stupid: :stupid: :stupid: Thank you. People think of 1.5 as total committment to a narrow batch of parts, but it offers more fork choices and the framebuilder's seem to love it.