• ...or no

Votes: 31 47.0%
  • Bacon

Votes: 20 30.3%

• Total voters

BikeMike

Monkey
Feb 24, 2006
So besides being a waste of money (probably a billion or more a year in the U.S.) the drug can be a killer that should probably not be routinely given to cancer patients (http://kattlovecancerblog.blogspot.com/2009/08/beware-of-epo.html)
article said:
... reviewed and summarized the outcomes of some nearly 14,000 cancer patients and found that those who received Epo were about ten percent more likely to die than patients not receiving the drug. These studies were all randomized controlled trials ...
Ok, I may be wrong on this, but I think the FDA looked into this recently and decided it was still OK. Also, without bothering to look up the report referenced in the article, I am inclined to call BS on a randomized controlled trial with 14,000 people for EPO. In addition to the article being poorly written, the suggested alternative (transfusions) is 1) already in short supply and 2) would suffer from the same drawbacks suggested for EPO.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I think we should have one clean and one chemical enhanced versions of all sports. Increase the center field wall to 600 ft. build a giant hump in the center of a football field so each team needs to run uphill to get to the opponents side and have a tour de europe.

"Welcome, Phil ligget here on the start of this queen stage, Warsaw to Stuggart. the distance is 570 miles or 917.13 kilometers and should take the riders a little over 8 hours".
i support that idea fully. complete monsters battling it out.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
i support that idea fully. complete monsters battling it out.
Me too...how classic would that make sh!t?

You know, to me the Lance clean or not issue also has implications regarding his foundation. Like him or not, he has helped and inspired alot of people. If he turns out dirty, he will be revealed as a real hypoctical, lying a$$hole. I have no doubt he engaged in the consumption of some sort of performance enhancers...perhaps some that werent illegal/banned at the time, but are now. That being said...I want to believe he is clean, and made it on spaghetti and gatorade. And a bit of angry, talented mofo...

Last edited:

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
"Welcome, Phil ligget here on the start of this queen stage, Warsaw to Stuggart. the distance is 570 miles or 917.13 kilometers and should take the riders a little over 8 hours".
The GPS in my friend's Droid says we rode a little over 500 miles in roughly 5 hours yesterday. I suspect it was wrong though.