/ Intended use: Lightweight Freeride / BMX Racing / Trials
/ Materials: lightweight magnesium webbed pedal body
/ Color: white
/ 427g (pair)

frorider

Monkey
Jul 21, 2004
cali
even though i won't be biking much at all until the snow melts, this thread convinced me to try out the new kona pedals. got 'em from the bike shop selling them on e-bay (3 pairs left).

i don't mind paying $$$ for bike components that perform well and are light & strong, but i just can't bring myself to spend a lot on super pimp pedals that i know will get hammered at N*. whereas the kona's are just 70 bucks.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
rode with a kid yesterday who had them, the platform was really nice, but it was missing quite a few pins so the grip was pretty abysmal coming off my syncros mental mags. He told me it was because the pins kept ripping out, and unfortunately it wasn't the threads on the pins that were stripping, but rather the threads in the pedal body. If you like real concave though, i'd stay away.

I've had my syncros for only a month, but i've hammered them pretty hard on tunnel (multiple times every ride, been riding almost every day for slightly more then 2 weeks now) and so far no signs of bends or cracks. Still smooth as the day I got them, so i guess i'm pretty amped. I accidently ordered the mags, not the stainless steel ones, but so far i guess i'm pretty amped on my decision, since they're crazy light and no problems yet!

*crosses fingers*

Patan-DH

Monkey
Jun 9, 2007
Patagonia
I would recommend the good old Azonics A-frame, I`been riding a set for 1 and half year, bend a couple of truvativ cranks and the pedals are still going stong.
Other pedal that i would recommend are the Shimanos DX with long pins.
And the last pedal that i rode and got me amazed are the new PRIMO josh stricker signature pedals, they are thin, concave, and the mg version is Fvcking light.

Patan-DH

Monkey
Jun 9, 2007
Patagonia
werd...I used to like them until I started bending the axles. I got a full box of bent ones at home :plthumbsdown: some of which I bent within the first ride.
Yo better check crank arm position when riding over rocks. Or get a shorter crankarms doo.....
Sound like tha problem is the rider and not the pedal spindles......

downhillracer

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2005
Sammamish, WA
i have a set of 5050xx and i think they're just ****e. they squeak this god awful noise even after i lube them. and tons of people have problems with the plates coming out. They're not worth the money.

What about the new sunline pedals?
i hear they're pretty good

Wobbler

Monkey
Jan 22, 2006
The wah wahs are really good, I've had mine for a few months and they still feel really nice. My aircorps killed the bearings in a couple of weeks and did the usual fly off the spindle trick. I had some funn souljams before the wah wahs and the wah wahs are miles better than them. Same thin profile as aircorps, slightly different pin locations and some proper sealing.

Patan-DH

Monkey
Jun 9, 2007
Patagonia
How are the Josh Stricker pedals any different than the primo tenderizers?
Man they are a totally new pedal, way ligther, very concave, very light, and they are more low profile than oddys JC. By the pictures they dont look so good but in person theyre better.

jamesdc

Monkey
May 6, 2007
I need to revise my previous statement about the fun pedals, they are complete crap!!! They grip good but the bearings keep blowing up, I've had the right one explode twice in the last 2 weeks and the left one has blow up before too.

reidhresko

Chimp
Jun 27, 2006
PRB
having ridden azonics, atom labs, which I also find keep loosening up and creak, funns, which are garbage, tiogas, which work well but are not super grippy, konas, good for th epricepoint, and straitlines, which rock the hizzle and meet all of your qualifications, gotta say STRAITLINE. grippiest, lowest profile, super baller CNC work and finish, and after a full season of abuse, not a single issue. worth every overpriced penny.