Quantcast

###Last Friday 2023###

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Up @ work. Picking up some fresh bagels on the way home in a bit. And half & half, as Mrs. Scrub just informed me we are out.

How you doin?

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Went to bed late, up at the same time as usual. Kinda meh. Ate too much but reasonably drank so that's a win.
Installing red pine floor in third bedroom.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Another grim forecast of rain and drizzle today. Looks like temps will drop over the weekend, so I guess I better take advantage.

Have a funeral to goto tomorrow. Don't really have anything to wear though. Will a black polo shirt and pants suffice? I haven't been to an actual funeral in a long time...

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
:wave:
Up at 4:45, normal time. Work out, coffee, trash out, moar coffee, poop. Day is looking good.

Borrowing a buddies RV to haul mrs whole fam to a Christmas tomorrow. Should be hilarious since as a kid that side of the family always drove to FL in her grandma shit box rv when they were kids. This one is new and should actually run the whole time.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hey fam! I got a very easy jog done before sunrise in the rain. I made a late decision to WFH today instead of going into the office. Technically I am suppose to go in to satisfy my two days a week on site, but fortunately my boss DGAF.

Have a funeral to goto tomorrow. Don't really have anything to wear though. Will a black polo shirt and pants suffice? I haven't been to an actual funeral in a long time...
You're good. There will be people there in jeans and a t-shirt.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

Dirt delivery postponed due to the saturated ground. Last thing I need is 75,000 lbs of loaded tri-axle dump truck buried in my front yard. Bit of a bummer, I was hoping to get that dirt in before the hard freeze hits.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Had to get a new phone, moved from Android to iPhone. Migrating was easy, learning new controls a PITA. Oh well, they’ve got me now.
Skiing A-Basin this morning, brb.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Didn't get my compost and recycling out on time today. They came at 7:30 am. It's my fault though, I know they always come early on the holiday weeks. I think they actually do two days of work in one...

I guess I'll try to install my new studded fatbike tires today.

Wound up taking the day off work since I wasn't really doing any work anyways. So now I'm on holidays. Merry Christmas!

MonkeyGut

Monkey
Dec 8, 2006
Organizing cold weather moto gear for a ride tomorrow from 5k and up. Supposed to be 41f at lower ele and with the lack of precip the last month I'm curious about how high we'll get.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Danzig is doing a comic book signing near my house. I got my morning coffee next door to the comic shop and there’s already a line at 10am for a 5pm signing.

Not sure when I’ll get in line but I got stuff to do before 5.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Had to use 2% in my morning cup o’ brown, as I was also out of Half and Half.
Desperate times calls for desperate measures.
In other news, 5 degrees F, blech.
it may have been at starbucks or panera that they were out of 2% milk and would i like my hot chocolate made with half&half....

the fuck you say....

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Danzig is doing a comic book signing near my house. I got my morning coffee next door to the comic shop and there’s already a line at 10am for a 5pm signing.

Not sure when I’ll get in line but I got stuff to do before 5.
gift him some cat litter and cat food.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Fat bicycled at a new spot, really good conditions and fatty loop. Although it did make me do the hardest set of intervals ever to get up one long stepped steep section.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
We had boys cousin over for some steaks. Made it to the gym and purchased this years fireworks. I like rockets. Had to clean the house for open house but nobody showed up.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
glad I waited for my LBS to open. Turns out they're sitting on a rather large stock of unsold 26" Wrathchilds. Picked them up for $240 a tire:
View attachment 205644

If anyone's interested, I think they ship... https://www.phatmoosecycles.com/
:rant:frigging frakkin frunkin things. Tire doesn't fit in the rear. Studs scrape the chainstay by mere millimetres... :banghead: at least my shop is cool, and will order a Wrathlorde, which is a 4.2 and will fit, and not charge me difference in price. But it will take a week, and they will still be stuck with too many obsolete tires... oh these changing standards, aren't they just frikkin lovely.