Quantcast

***Le Friday GMT***

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
fannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnntasssssssssssssssssssssssssssssstic!
Hope it’s better than the Electronic Sorcerer show, where I left after two songs because it sounded so horrible, and I’d eaten something that had me sick on the bowl right before the show and was threatening to return. Admittedly, the second part was not the band’s fault.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Hope it’s better than the Electronic Sorcerer show, where I left after two songs because it sounded so horrible, and I’d eaten something that had me sick on the bowl right before the show and was threatening to return. Admittedly, the second part was not the band’s fault.
have not witnessed a bad sounding show from them.....but i also have not seen them play in a bad venue either....

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Those who recommended the Marmottan, I salute you. That place was amazing. The Monets were unbelievable.
That was my impression (guffaw) when I visited. Stunning stuff in there.

Went for a 2nd Breakfast Ride today. Fucking bike is still making "crack" noise. :mad:

Hardly saw anyone until I got to a really gnarly rocky section on Dakota Ridge - there were a couple gents off bikes contemplating it - I rode into it like I always do... and fucking crashed just before the exit move. :mad:

Rock rash and gakked both wrists a bit. And now Google Drive doesn't want to sync, so evidence of said injury is not available to share with you fools. Thanks, Obama. :rant:

Last edited:

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Hardly saw anyone until I got to a really gnarly rocky section on Dakota Ridge - there were a couple gents off bikes contemplating it - I rode into it like I always do... and fucking crashed just before the exit move. :mad:
This is my MO when I ride & most of my ski biffs are under the lift or in the lift coral.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO

Went for a 2nd Breakfast Ride today. Fucking bike is still making "crack" noise. :mad:

Rock rash and gakked both wrists a bit. And now Google Drive doesn't want to sync, so evidence of said injury is not available to share with you fools. Thanks, Obama. :rant:
Probably shoulda put that Ribbon there, eh? I mean... only a poor craftsman blames his tools but...

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Didn't have time for coffee this morning. Enjoying now.

Too bad its not a coffee stout, or better yet a Breakfast Stout.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
beef, chicken, or pork?
Yes?

Edit: Apparently @Full Trucker beat me to it.

Probably shoulda put that Ribbon there, eh? I mean... only a poor craftsman blames his tools but...
Uh... shuddup. :p

I'm going to take it in and have the shop swap the Ribbon on - at which point if the cracking ceases, they will send that fucking thing back to Fox for warranty.

If the cracking noise continues... they will be on the hook for continuing the search...

Last edited:

Dirtrider

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
Garbage disposal shit the bed last night. Just got done replacing with new super quiet one. Garbage disposal was original one installed when House was built 11 yrs ago. I thought these things lasted longer??? Oh well only a one beer job and $150. Time to grease the linkage on the new dentist bike. Guaranteed that’ll be at least a 4 beer job.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
TMI: I might take out one volume spacer from the fork, and drop the air pressure + increase the high speed compression of the dampeninger on the rear shock.

Damplifier?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Hey hey hey...

Even though every trail bike I've owned since 2003 has been turquoise, this is the first one I've owned that is painted that color. Wanted to switch it up from the "matte black" I've been riding for the last 4 seasons.
This. I've never actually owned a turquoise, Turquoise trail bike. Wifey's and my dj/dh however is/were.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
The rock section down and to the left before the short switchback that takes one to the short road section, before the new part?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I had lunch out with the wife and kids since I didn’t end up getting called in. Sashimi, not Thai, since that’s the kids’ current obsession.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!

You should have gone for a mellow ride with your special lady instead, noob! :D

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are

a. NOOB!!!
b. do you even huck, bro?
3. where did you crash?

Last edited:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
sitting in one of those indoor trampoline park places drinking beer from my travel mug since they refuse to have taps (they’d make so much god damn money if they did). milf watching is mediocre. going to a party for a buddy who’s moving back to seattle later...

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Could I talk with you, my brother, about coil boingers?

:p
I mean, you can. And probably will. But dicking with volume spacers just gets replaced with dicking with bottom out bumpers and/or chambers on a coil shock. And adjusting air pressure just gets replaced with dicking around finding the right spring weight and setting preload on a coil shock.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
The rock section down and to the left before the short switchback that takes one to the short road section, before the new part?
No - much earlier. The 1st real down-ish section after climbing out of the saddle. Short section of lots-o-rocks. Fuckin' rocks. :mad:

You should have gone for a mellow ride with your special lady instead, noob! :D
My special lady and I don't ride together much. She's too smart for that. :D

the baller line is as such (I've not, but I've watched friends hit it)
View attachment 129110
FTS.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
I mean, you can. And probably will. But dicking with volume spacers just gets replaced with dicking with bottom out bumpers and/or chambers on a coil shock. And adjusting air pressure just gets replaced with dicking around finding the right spring weight and setting preload on a coil shock.
Heh. My experience with messing with the coil boinger beyond finding the right spring weight was... nothing. :D