Quantcast

***Le Friday GMT***

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Ugh. Garmin smart watch crapped out on me in the pool tonight. Won't turn back on. fuckshitpiss
I’ve killed two Vivoactive HRs in the pool. At least their warranty service is good. Third one is en route to me.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I’ve killed two Vivoactive HRs in the pool. At least their warranty service is good. Third one is en route to me.
Ugh. Garmin smart watch crapped out on me in the pool tonight. Won't turn back on. fuckshitpiss
What the fuck do you guys do to your watches? I have something like 200 swim miles on my 735XT, let alone showers, and general pool time with Haley or friends, and it hasn't batted an eye.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
What the fuck do you guys do to your watches? I have something like 200 swim miles on my 735XT, let alone showers, and general pool time with Haley or friends, and it hasn't batted an eye.
Mine is a month shy of two years. In the time it's been subject to two infants/toddlers, over a thousand miles of riding, swimming in pools lakes rivers, running heat, day to day smacking around, and this is the first issue I've had. It's definitely a lower end model than the 735xt, but some of us don't take ourselves that seriously.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Apparently they had bad glue letting water in. Now changed. We shall see. I’m thinking I’ll switch to an Apple Watch when the Series 4 comes out this fall anyway.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I have a Garmin vivoactive that is 18 months old, the strap broke and it takes about 2 minutes to connect to that thing in the sky, for the money I will be satisfied if it lasts 2 years. I'd like it to go tits up soon so I can justify a more accurate way to measure 12 miles an hour...

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Apparently they had bad glue letting water in. Now changed. We shall see. I’m thinking I’ll switch to an Apple Watch when the Series 4 comes out this fall anyway.
Battery life on GPS is important to me, Apple watches have too many battery sucking aps that require it to be charged everyday. I charge the vivoactive once a week with about 6 hours of GPS usage. I'd like to get a Fenix 5 but not for $500.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Battery life on GPS is important to me, Apple watches have too many battery sucking aps that require it to be charged everyday. I charge the vivoactive once a week with about 6 hours of GPS usage. I'd like to get a Fenix 5 but not for $500.
I went with the 735XT and that does everything ex-ski that the Fenix 5 does. It's a bit cheaper and lot lighter too. It has the back of the watch sensor for HR if you want to use it, but I still prefer my strap when training. When actively using it, I'll get a full week of training before it needs a charge, and I use it as my daily watch. It also feeds email, text, and call notifications. As a watch it will last 4 weeks without a charge.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Why do you wear your watch in the swimming pool anyway?

I have a Fenix hr, lasts a week on a charge.
Lap count is automated, timing distance to know speed, my HRM actually works in the water with the right strap (as does yours).