Quantcast

***Le tuederp GMT***

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
What pants you get

Older brother recommended them. Figured for $32 I'd roll the dice, can always send em back if they don't work out.

Jeeps have been Harleys for decades. Heavy on glitz, accessories, and bro preening, short on actual function and utility.
In fairness, the Gladiator is second only to the Ranger for payload and towing in the midsize truck segment. It's also one of only two trucks on the market available with factory front and rear lockers and sway bar disconnects. It satisfies that very small, niche segment quite well.

Otherwise, they are more expensive, unreliable, inefficient, and less safe than a myriad of alternatives.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
i went the cheapo game for years, was always left with shortcomings. eventually broke down and got endura singletrack pants. haven't looked back.
Which ones?

I'm not opposed to spending the money, but I dont ride frequently enough in winter to justify anything too fancy. At least not when I'm skinny enough to fit into my fleece lined mountaineering pants.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Which ones?

I'm not opposed to spending the money, but I dont ride frequently enough in winter to justify anything too fancy. At least not when I'm skinny enough to fit into my fleece lined mountaineering pants.

this is my third winter on them FYI.

Dirtrider

noah
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
dammit shirbach . . . STAHP EXPOSING MAH GNURZ! https://blog.pearlizumi.com/underexposed-ep2-pisgah-and-globe-nc/ (actually, that's probably one of the least gnur trails up there)
fun fact. 21 jumps was the first trail i ever rode there, on new year's day, 2000, when we were hiding out avoiding the y2kpacolypse.
this is the fu king problem. YouTube, Insty, and all these fucking articles about how great the Pisgah is, is essentially ruining the trails IMHO. Overuse is becoming a problem and goddamn you can’t go to Pisgah proper on a nice weekend without a load of douche standing in the middle of the trail with bikes everywhere sessioning a 4 foot fucking drop. No more backcountry round here. I say get off my lawn damnit.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
this is the fu king problem. YouTube, Insty, and all these fucking articles about how great the Pisgah is, is essentially ruining the trails IMHO. Overuse is becoming a problem and goddamn you can’t go to Pisgah proper on a nice weekend without a load of douche standing in the middle of the trail with bikes everywhere sessioning a 4 foot fucking drop. No more backcountry round here. I say get off my lawn damnit.
if i can ever afford it, i'm gonna buy my own property and build the sickest trails i can manage. and nobody is evveerrrrrrrrrrr gonna find out.

It's becoming a problem nationally.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
start building better squirrel catchers

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
You sound suspiciously like the complainers out here. :think: :D

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Is it too busy for shallow forest graves? Stop complaining and start solving the problem.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Ordered a new drill and drill bits. My work is done for the day. My old Bosch does not want to charge in Euro land despite my convert can run 110V.
Which battery packs does your old Bosch use? I might have a spare charger.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I'd bet that cuts traffic right smart.
Its true. I haven't been to Mt Herman since people started getting murdered up north.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am