Quantcast

***Le Tuesday***

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Had another meeting and apparently everyone but marketing in the company of 500 people is overworked and can't go on leave. Ffs where did I go to work.

On a bright side I have a work trip for a movie festival so I might network there and maybe meet someone who will free me from this hell. As a side project I go back to writing. I have no time for it but damn I need hope for a different job. Fucking tired.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
:wave:

Finally have the beans harvested where I want to plant wheat. I’ll do that today. Will probably stop at a few farms first.

Mrs is taking older kiddo to the Dr. She feels like crap and has a cough.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I bought a new 2.6 Magic Mary to install on my front wheel, with the plan to put my current 2.3 Magic Mary on the rear wheel. But I'm too scared of dealing with inserts, damaging rim tape and sealant to do the swap. Or maybe it's laziness. Wet, cold, leaf season is here, so now's the time to do it. Maybe at some point this week. maybe.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Good morning, lovelies. Office cafeteria breakfast sandwich wasn't very good. That's what I get for forgetting to bring my lunch bag to work.

Covid booster and flu shot yesterday. Today is not feeling so hot. Ugh.
My wife got this double whammy last week and felt fine. I get a booster and it knocks me on my ass for 36 hours. WTF.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
:dead: :dead:

Had another meeting and apparently everyone but marketing in the company of 500 people is overworked and can't go on leave. Ffs where did I go to work.

On a bright side I have a work trip for a movie festival so I might network there and maybe meet someone who will free me from this hell. As a side project I go back to writing. I have no time for it but damn I need hope for a different job. Fucking tired.
It sounds like you work for a nightmare of a company.

If I booked time off and they declined, without saying something like just pick another time, then I'd just leave it booked and tell them to deal with it. What are they going to do, fire you and make them even more short staffed? Pay you to take an extended vacation?

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

So jackass insists I have time to work on his project. He says it's really simple and not much work, but he can't do it. So I'm supposed to come up to speed and pull it off by the end of the year. So my manager has been invited to today's first stand up for this project. This should go well, I will need to smoke first.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Ha, I just got an email from my credit card asking if I meant to leave a 37% tip. I had a great breakfast, my bill was only $13.50 so I tipped $5. It seemed fair. I guess I could see if someone was bad at math or something. Or maybe the dinner might try to add a tip or something. Would be easy to turn the 3 to an 8 and add a $5 tip.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
:dead: :dead:

It sounds like you work for a nightmare of a company.

If I booked time off and they declined, without saying something like just pick another time, then I'd just leave it booked and tell them to deal with it. What are they going to do, fire you and make them even more short staffed? Pay you to take an extended vacation?
Yes i do. People are nice but nothing can fix bad managment. I asked people who worked for it for the past 3-5 years but that was before the buyout and "launch streaming everywhere" plan that started around when I joined. So those people have chill jobs because they work for Poland, everyone aimed at abroad is dying.

I will finish 3 projects and ask for 2 weeks in Jan. The company can't survive without me. The thing is French-Polish managment is all about not realizing how much you need something so even if the board tells me to my face they are happy with me I'm not sure they are happy enough to not overwork me to shit because of bad managment they put themselves in a situation of no sensible choices.

It's weird as they literally can't find a person with my skillset as I have skillsets with 3 departments and I cant actually work with data & research when most content people are relatively bad with this

Last edited:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Feeling the anxiety today. Over what, who knows, I do believe these are all entirely self fabricated issues. If only anxiety could be reasoned with.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. No scheduled meetings today, so just trying to catch-up from the time off. Colleague needs some marketing materials, so I need to drive halfway to where I was yesterday to get them to him. I really wish he would have thought of that over the weekend so I could bring the stuff with me.

Ha, I just got an email from my credit card asking if I meant to leave a 37% tip. I had a great breakfast, my bill was only $13.50 so I tipped $5. It seemed fair. I guess I could see if someone was bad at math or something. Or maybe the dinner might try to add a tip or something. Would be easy to turn the 3 to an 8 and add a $5 tip.
We got dinner when family was in town a few weeks ago. There were seven of us, so it wasn't exactly small. We had a bunch of gift cards that we bought at Costco for 25% off, so we took 1/3 of the bill with them, then split the rest. I paid our portion then passed the tray along. The (adjusted) bill after I paid showed a nearly 45% tip and our Boomer uncle challenged me on it because the bill was only $X. Even though the initial bill had already been reduced by 1/3, since we paid it, he felt that we should only tip on the amount going through in the CC's. He begrudgingly mirrored mine when he put in the tip amount, only after I asked for mine back so that I could adjust to account for the imbalance. His wife is also nasty as all hell to anybody in the service industry. I don't get it.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
We got dinner when family was in town a few weeks ago. There were seven of us, so it wasn't exactly small. We had a bunch of gift cards that we bought at Costco for 25% off, so we took 1/3 of the bill with them, then split the rest. I paid our portion then passed the tray along. The (adjusted) bill after I paid showed a nearly 45% tip and our Boomer uncle challenged me on it because the bill was only $X. Even though the initial bill had already been reduced by 1/3, since we paid it, he felt that we should only tip on the amount going through in the CC's. He begrudgingly mirrored mine when he put in the tip amount, only after I asked for mine back so that I could adjust to account for the imbalance. His wife is also nasty as all hell to anybody in the service industry. I don't get it.
next time use all your wookie strength and punch him straight in the teeth