Quantcast

***Le Tuesday***

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
My wife got this double whammy last week and felt fine. I get a booster and it knocks me on my ass for 36 hours. WTF.
Was signed up to get the 1st round of the shingles vaccine as well.

The pharmacist convinced me of the stupidity of that. Thankfully.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
My wife got this double whammy last week and felt fine. I get a booster and it knocks me on my ass for 36 hours. WTF.
you likely have an overly ambitious immune system

like when 6thElement's decided that his own heart was a bad thing
:wave:

Feeling the anxiety today. Over what, who knows, I do believe these are all entirely self fabricated issues. If only anxiety could be reasoned with.
seen elsewhere, relevant

anxiety.PNG

/me is back working in stoney's 'hood today. yet again. I drove today since I have rehearsal tonight so am a bit pressed for time. took E-470 then the express lanes on C-470 as traffic looked a shitshow on the non-paid routes. I should just default to this route: saves a bit of time even on a normal day and just so much nicer to not be in stop and go for miles.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
this....because the black and white horror movies on public tv growing up....

Screenshot_20231024_131849_Samsung Internet.jpg

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
like when 6thElement's decided that his own heart was a bad thing
Maybe my heart just decided to be lazy and only beat in the low 30's several times.

Also big public thank you to @Toshi for lending me some tools to do some maintenance at my house that would have cost a bunch of monies otherwise. Gracias.

LMK if you need me to drop at yours in Kansas or next time you're heading past with space to collect from ours.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Maybe my heart just decided to be lazy and only beat in the low 30's several times.

Also big public thank you to @Toshi for lending me some tools to do some maintenance at my house that would have cost a bunch of monies otherwise. Gracias.

LMK if you need me to drop at yours in Kansas or next time you're heading past with space to collect from ours.
Will you be around the morning of Halloween? Looks like I have time to squeeze in a ride late morning and could swing by and pick 'em up then.

your 'secret' trails must have been around a while eh?
If you look at it, it ain't your standard topographical map.

In other news, major battle with printed wiring board controlling propane heater in greenhouse - wasps (mud daubers and northern paper) had constructed nests over the board and dropped stuff all over it. Had a struggle getting the board out, cleaning it, and replacing it so as not to have wires rubbing on blower hub. Verified after that the heater actually operates properly.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Impressive. <humblebrag>

:D
Nah, that wasn't a brag. The first time was when I passed out behind the wheel on the highway near Park City and S thought I was dead. Normal resting is ~50bpm at home and a few lower at sea level.
Will you be around the morning of Halloween? Looks like I have time to squeeze in a ride late morning and could swing by and pick 'em up then.
Should just be a normal workday posting on RM.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Three hours of rocks n’roots under my feet. New shoes are working out pretty well. Topo Athletic Terraventure 4 or something like that. Hopefully they will last longer than the Altra Lone Peaks that were only good for about 300 miles. Can’t be buying a new pair of shoes every three weeks on a thru hike. Gotta get 450-500 per pair.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
the end is nigh....

a fart without a shart...check

toast and no upchuck....check

hot tea and no upchuck....check

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Decided a ride would be good. Red Rocks/Matthew Winters/Dakota Ridge for those familiar.

Things were going fine until it started raining just as we started climbing to Dakota Ridge. Dakota Ridge is inadvisable in the wet. :D
Thankfully the rain started as wife and I started the climb back up Apex.

Unfortunately I'd not expected rain given the house maintenance tasks I'd done outside earlier in the afternoon :panic:

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Dude, there are SO many bc spots, even about a mile from the house, that no one knows about, or goes to. Sure, we have lots of low hanging fruit, but if you get on a sled, or are willing to traverse deep, there is still gobloads.

But it’s rhetorical for me, really, as I likely won’t be able to play in the snow until March. (Or bike).