Quantcast

****Le Tuesderp GMT****

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Didn't ride yesterday because of smoke.
Today it's only 55 freedums and raining, so no ride again.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Rode with my gal yesterday despite the smoke, and it was awesome. She's digging her new bike, and getting her confidence back after breaking her arm a couple months ago. As @6thElement indicated, it's raining now so the ride I planned on doing this afternoon is a no-go. Consolation prize of attending a Volunteer Appreciation Party for a fundraiser/mountain bike race I volunteered at earlier this year won't be too terrible, I suppose.

I'm planning Apex-Chimney tomorrow late morning...
Apex-Chimney is an odd day ride. Tomorrow is an even day, so Chimpex.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
You are correct... Odd is restricted to up which is why you would only ever ride Apex-Chimney on an odd day, such as today. One would ride Chimney-Apex (i.e. Chimpex) on an even day. Semantics... they matter.
Got it. So Apex-Chimney is legal tomorrow, just no one would do it except for schmucks like me who are taking the light rail across town due to Volvo registration issues.

:D

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
could do beacon/yancey...or yancey/yellowbuck...or yancey/schoolhouse...i’ll have to drop the kods off at camp, so would likely be up that way by 11-ish

i was actually thinking of bringing the saw and doing a slow ride on raiders to clear all the downfall...but could be convinced otherwise...

Last edited:

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I rode tonight. The Giggle Pig rode like butter and the brakes didn't stick. Trails were dry but not dusty. It was 70 degrees. There was no wind. FSM reached down from the heavens and blessed me with the knowledge that riding on the front range is complicated and requires a calendar. Follow the arrows my son and always remember - it's an even Tuesday in August. Or is it odd?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Watched the Mikaela Shiffrin show on Redbull TV with Haley. WC ski race in Beaver Creek is on the calendar.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Watched the Mikaela Shiffrin show on Redbull TV with Haley. WC ski race in Beaver Creek is on the calendar.
i have become a huge fan of RB.tv. tons of great content, not just MTB. snow (ski/board), climb, rally, etc. lately i've been watching UCI xc races on the trainer to pass the time. currently watching the 2017 season when Nino won every.single.race.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
i have become a huge fan of RB.tv. tons of great content, not just MTB. snow (ski/board), climb, rally, etc. lately i've been watching UCI xc races on the trainer to pass the time. currently watching the 2017 season when Nino won every.single.race.
our 13yo loves watching the harescramble stuff for some reason :rofl:

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
I love it when you are just not feeling it and you just want to blow everything off but you get your butt in gear anyways and get out there. Just had a spectacular ride. I told Ruth that I was not up to anything hard as i was feeling beat up from work. So this would just be a short easy spin of about 15 miles. Well.... 1 hour and 45 minutes later I rolled into the driveway: 27.2 miles, 15.41 mph average with 1600' of climbing and some nasty headwinds and a stupid grin on my face

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
It's become regular that I will come downstairs on the weekend and Haley will be watching RB.tv. Usually the Lindsay Vaughn film, Young Guns (climbing), or women's WC DH.