Quantcast

Leave Volkswagen alone...she's going through a custody battle.

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
ok I have a question now...how did you and the car hold up? I want to buy a 3rd gen teg and I would definitely get the conversion as I hate the owl eyes...but I'm not so confident in the structural integrity if I lose control on the track...D

Hey Larson...got any info for me??

Larson TT y0!

Monkey
Jan 21, 2007
Maryland
Hey Larson...got any info for me??
I wish I still had the pictures... the front was pushed and down in pretty good, motor would almost turn over but bent the frame alot. The moron kid jumped the median while sliding towards me head on, as he got airborn it turned sideways landed on my bumper/hood then spun around till it was behind me...that eclipse was a V. I wasn't injured, just pissed. My friend's supra was behind me 200 feet, if his car would have got hit I think he would have shot the kid.

rockwool

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Filastin
I was kind of wondering the same thing...I don't know much about tuning v dubs but those number seem kind of high for just a chip replacement...my other thought is if you did it will everything else remaining stock...something is going to give....D
Nah, I think it's correct, the 1,8t that gives 150hp stock jumps to 200hp with a chip that many tuners made and was widly used over here. VW own chip gave 30hp with waranty kept if I remember correctly.

Blue, you got a Porsche instead of that turbo charged type II? 944 turbo or a 968?