Quantcast

Leogang 2024

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Where is Greenland?
Ate shit hard in quali/praccy and couldn't race. Hopefully back on it soon.

Epic racing

Sucks for Asa, sounds like a spectator was waving a flag with red on it and he thought he'd been told to stop. Would have been handy for him to salvage points.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Ate shit hard in quali/praccy and couldn't race. Hopefully back on it soon.

Epic racing

Sucks for Asa, sounds like a spectator was waving a flag with red on it and he thought he'd been told to stop. Would have been handy for him to salvage points.
oooooh....SMRT! it was probably a pivot plant so jewett could have a shot at winning :rofl: i'ma hide in the woods and wave red flags at bruni!

toodles

Aug 24, 2004
Australia
If you don't already follow @unioncigaretteinternational on instagram their 7 slide summary of the race is hilarious.

Last edited:

Andeh

Customer Title
Mar 3, 2020
I know it's mostly the riders, but damn, the Specialized proto under Loic & Finn looks so composed. That bike is always so steady and smooth. Whatever their team has going is something else.

toodles

Aug 24, 2004
Australia
I know it's mostly the riders, but damn, the Specialized proto under Loic & Finn looks so composed. That bike is always so steady and smooth. Whatever their team has going is something else.
Its mind-blowing those bikes are even rideable without horrible gold coating on everything or TouchDown™ Technology™

Andeh

Customer Title
Mar 3, 2020
I've been watching them through Max on my PC browser. No issues that I can recall. I just log in, search "UCI MTB" and it pops up.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord

Decent recap.

Loic's entry from the motorway into the forest is criminally smooth
si. the way he hucked/skimmed/floated all the way down to the backside of that transition right into what i assume was a rutty a (based on other riders motion) right hander was nuts. when dunne hit that spot you could see the impact as he dug in and turned...loic...butter

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Decent recap.
i have to respectfully disagree... they skipped Finn's entire wood section, and showed Luca Shaw and Loris Vergier's runs, but they didn't show Benny C's at all?! he wound up on the podium ffs, why not show his run? Is this preferential treatment for big-name teams to get them some screen time?!

on another note, I think it was during the broadcast that it was mentioned, but did Cami hit her head again?! is there any word on how she's doing? I really hope she's ok...

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
There is a clip somewhere showing Cami hitting a padded tree or something with what looked like her shoulder and head. She's interviewed in Wyn's finals vid.
went and checked it out. sounds like she's still dealing with post-concussion issues? that's really shitty. I hope she doesn't push too hard to come back... she could have a really long career. I hope she can take the season off if she needs to. Sounds like it took Tahnee a while to come back to full speed, but the sport is still here for her now that she's better...

toodles

Aug 24, 2004
Australia
i have to respectfully disagree... they skipped Finn's entire wood section, and showed Luca Shaw and Loris Vergier's runs, but they didn't show Benny C's at all?! he wound up on the podium ffs, why not show his run? Is this preferential treatment for big-name teams to get them some screen time?!

on another note, I think it was during the broadcast that it was mentioned, but did Cami hit her head again?! is there any word on how she's doing? I really hope she's ok...
I think they just focused on out of the ordinary happenings unfortunately. Beats me how they pick who makes the cut, I much prefer the Sleeper Co recap vids.

When I say decent - I basically meant it was a free recap of a pay-per-view event. So its nice they churned out something for people who didn't wanna pay for it.