Quantcast

Leo's Gang 2022

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Danny was injured in the crash in seeding at the UK national (and had to sit out the race) but he said felt ok to race at Leogang. Luck didn't really come into his result. The guy is insanely talented on a bike. end of.
I don’t know why you made Two post’s out of this,but ok. I am aware of the UK Race,it was bad from what little I know,slampt his chest and tweaked his neck Lord’s know’s.

T Bow “is insanely talented” as well,but dam near bit his Tongue Off. What is you’re point? You can not be Lucky while being insanely talented? Please.

Avy

fwp

Monkey
Jun 5, 2013
No such thing as luck, just realized risk.
I'd say walker had some good luck in that Greenland and Benoit both crashed out? I know that's racing and all and what goes around comes around, but sometimes luck plays a role.
Walker has enough world class talent to position himself well enough to get lucky.

aaronjb

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2010
I'd say walker had some good luck in that Greenland and Benoit both crashed out? I know that's racing and all and what goes around comes around, but sometimes luck plays a role.
Walker has enough world class talent to position himself well enough to get lucky.
Luck, sure, but really chance. That's racing, as you said, but it's not as if any of the riders who fell suddenly forgot they were in a bike race and decided to push the eject button by choice. And I didn't see any butterfly effect at play, where some weird course oddity or weather event for some riders but not for others was at play.

Some of the guys and gals just got bucked. One might say Walker was the most skilled rider on the day, all other variables largely accounted for.

Bottom line: HB cut the course in '90.

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Let me try again. Hart was Lucky that he did not get Hurt Bad on that Crash. That is all I was trying to say.

It is Bad Luck when you’re chain snap’s out of the Gate. To Gary’s point,Gwin’s insane Skill took over and he still Won the Race.

It is Bad Luck when the Goat get’s a Flat chasing Gwin for the Title. How many did he have like 3 that year? Fucking Insert and Tire all wrap’ed up in his frame.
It is Bad Luck when his Brakes Failed,how many times?

It is Bad Luck when Reece was on a winning run Last Year and his chain Broke three quarter down the hill.

When T Bow’s front wheel exploded on a winning Run. We know he got hurt Bad on that accident.

So,Walker should enjoy his win. He did not get Lucky (to me),because Greenland and Benoit had a mishap,that is Racin.

Avy

Bike078

Monkey
Jan 11, 2018
Me too. The field is now so good that I don't think anybody's every going to dominate the way, say Rachel did, but I hope Marine can get healthy and mix it up with the top women more reliably. She's still got the potential, but she's had a rough go of it the last few years.
@HAB sent you a pm. Thanks.