Quantcast

Lets see some crashes...

Iridemtb

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2007
I mean, everyone has had a bad crash (or 10), so lets see some pictures of some crashes. It's always sweet to look at the faces before the crash, and it's always sweet to see other people crash (unless its you crashing, or they break something) Anything, street, downhill, freeride, you name it.

Trekrules

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2007
Knee pads!!!:disgust1: man you look like you fell pretty damn hard...

I found this video that really shocked me...:shocked: I dont know if it was b.s, if the guy died or almost did, but it kinda made me look after myself more...

heres little Sam Hill at Fort William
that first video was pretty shocking:shocked: ,is that guy dead or not,he's head no color as normal people does.

Trekrules

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2007
He's lucky he's whering a pressure suit and other good protection gear.These days riding in full protection gear is a must in those DH races.

MtnbikeMike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2004
The 909
Knee pads!!!:disgust1: man you look like you fell pretty damn hard...

I found this video that really shocked me...:shocked: I dont know if it was b.s, if the guy died or almost did, but it kinda made me look after myself more...

heres little Sam Hill at Fort William
I have some 661 4x4's that are uncomfortable, and they would have slid down anyways.

I was avoiding a big branch and went about a foot to the right of the regular line, which sent me off a 1 foot drop that got me a little off balance. Unfortunately I was a bit over the bars going off the step down that was immediately after the 'drop,' and that sent me OTB. :poster_oops:

Iridemtb

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2007
Nice strakar, that is awesome, looks like he was going fast...

Do you think crashing is a skill? I mean, sometimes you'll see someone that's a good rider eat it so hard, and then they get up and walk away without an injury.

Keep em comming guys!

fred.r

Dwangus Bogans
May 9, 2006
Not a horrible crash or anything, just a sweet picture.
Practice at good ol' Fontucky. Wind blew me over in the air.

Attachments

Rover Nick

Monkey
Oct 17, 2006
Do you think crashing is a skill? I mean, sometimes you'll see someone that's a good rider eat it so hard, and then they get up and walk away without an injury.
Yes, very much so. A good rider will know in alot of situations(not all) that they can't save it so they might bail before it gets worse. Hanging on till the last second is not always the best way. Keeping your arms in(i.e not supermaning) will also save your shoulders better.

Was that the part where the amatures had to do around the step-down after the step-up? I saw someone ride down it and pile into the tree.
Nope but i did take that option because the tree i hit separated my shoulder and I had to ride down like a pvssy. It was durring the JR.X race.

I hit the tree to the left of the first drop on the rock three step thing.

Iridemtb

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2007
Way to go guys, keep them comming, nice crashes! I like the 1 where the dude is running into the tree with the 360.

BikerBoy28

Monkey
Jul 3, 2006
Bellingham, Wa
I have some pics of my 3 pins sticking out of my shoulder from a broken collar bone (it was BAD) but i cant upload them cuz of gay camera. The crash also came with broken shoulder blade, and first rib.