Quantcast

Lets see your dh machines

wil_e123

Monkey
Jun 7, 2006
London, England

mine. To most of you, this is a common bike, but it turns out that in Belgium (where i'm living at the moment), it's the only IH Sunday!!!

changes to come: fox dhx 5, Pushed+ti spring, pedals, rims...

check out some vidz here:

basikbiker

Monkey
Jun 15, 2006
Northern Cali

will soon have a road cassete, new chain, and bars,
i know its more of a "freeride bike" but i dont know what the classification of types of riding really so its all DH to me.

Wow, props for riding that thing man, whats the intended shock length for that thing?
the intended shock length is 7.875x2.0 with 6in. travel and a 4in. Z1... now i have a 9.5x3.0 with 9in. and a Monster.

for some reason it rides extremely well and handles anything that i can throw at it... i also like the way the suspension feel now versus how it was intended to feel.
its as tall as a CRF450X...

notice how i heat-treated the center if the front rotor so in the sunlight its all golden...

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
I guess I'll add to this...

It's too bad I haven't used her a lot in the last 2 seasons. I'm wondering why I still have it. Maybe it's in hope of moving to Vancouver or back out east.

edit. I was able to fit in a 9.5x3 shock instead of the 8.75x2.75 standard. Rear travel is sitting at 9", BB height is 14.5", wheelbase is 45.25".

Attachments

iridebikes

Monkey
Jan 31, 2004
seattle
the intended shock length is 7.875x2.0 with 6in. travel and a 4in. Z1... now i have a 9.5x3.0 with 9in. and a Monster.

for some reason it rides extremely well and handles anything that i can throw at it... i also like the way the suspension feel now versus how it was intended to feel.
its as tall as a CRF450X...

notice how i heat-treated the center if the front rotor so in the sunlight its all golden...

that's a super high bb... 18"?

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
I guess I'll add to this...

It's too bad I haven't used her a lot in the last 2 seasons. I'm wondering why I still have it. Maybe it's in hope of moving to Vancouver or back out east.
love the old nucleon. destined to be a classic imo. i'd hold onto it & eventually retire it as wall art. be a great whizzler bike. nice build - what's it currently weigh? do whatever you can to get over to vancouver so that bike can see some use; amazing how isolated vic seems despite its close proximity (i went to uvic).

Oct 8, 2003
here is my rig, before 2007 racing starts it will have a 823 on the rear as well as many of the new sunline components due to arrive in 2007, push shock servicing, and some new brakes.(not sure what kind yet)

Attachments

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
love the old nucleon. destined to be a classic imo. i'd hold onto it & eventually retire it as wall art. be a great whizzler bike. nice build - what's it currently weigh? do whatever you can to get over to vancouver so that bike can see some use; amazing how isolated vic seems despite its close proximity (i went to uvic).
I'm looking at moving to Van sometime in February/March hopefully. Just gotta secure work there first.

Weight? No clue. Lighter than before though. I'm thinking mid/upper 40s. I'll end up changing the front tire (too big) and front rim (too banged up). I'd like to try a DHX Air but I'll hold off until I get an all-moutain trail bike built up.

ride

Monkey
Jan 11, 2005
damn what brakes and cranks are you running. my 06 wc is at 45 with a ti coil but it has gustav and diablois cranks :(
2007 IH Sunday USA frame
Dhx steel spring
'07 Fox 40
'06 Avid Juicy 7's
DT Swiss 1750's
2.35 Kenda Nevegals-2ply
ultralite tubes
Sram X-9
X-7 shifter
Sram cassette and chain
SDG I-Fly and post
carbon seatpost clamp
FSA Gravity light stem, bars, cranks and BB
Wellgo pedals
07 chainguide
ODI lockons
misc. ti bolts

V-Dub GTI

Monkey
Jun 11, 2006
blah!
the mutant... (1997 Cheeta Prowler) :

sorry about the quality, it was taken on my phone.

i'm happy i'm not posting this on pinkbike right now because the s**t that i would get for my bike would be insane... (thats a hint to not rag on it because it is my baby and its all i got... it most definitley gets the job done)
holy high BB batman!

danielbender

Monkey
Sep 21, 2004
Brazil
Here it is:

2007 up´s:

New Rims (Dee Maxx our DT)
New 888 (RC2X)
New Paintjob (??)
New Rear Shock (Fox DHX)
New IH Rear Links (where can i buy it?)

oh NNNNO!!!
hey man, its all i got for now and it gets the job done better and smoother than any other bike that i have ridden.
oh yeah, BB height adds an advantage when youre racing gnarly rocky courses... you can just ride over the boulders depending on your suspension, and after you get used to where to position yourself on the bike, cornering is no problem.
sorry if you dont like it, but its not your bike and not your problem.

kona-ryder

Monkey
Jul 18, 2006
Above you on the podium.
oh NNNNO!!!
hey man, its all i got for now and it gets the job done better and smoother than any other bike that i have ridden.
oh yeah, BB height adds an advantage when youre racing gnarly rocky courses... you can just ride over the boulders depending on your suspension, and after you get used to where to position yourself on the bike, cornering is no problem.
Dude, that bike would rule on my turf. We dont have any super high speed corners, so a low bb wouldn't be adventagious. The bb height would also help you get over all the piles of logs on the trails.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
oh NNNNO!!!
Gotta relax, I am just givin ya crap. I look like I am growing tires out my rear because of my size. The bike tucks nicely into my crack and I only have to lean to corner. :D
Not really but I am only givin ya flack. A bike is a bike and almost any day riding is better than working.