Quantcast

Lets try and get all the DHR's in one thread...

Red Bull

Turbo Monkey
Oct 22, 2004
Searching through hundreds of pages just to see DHR's is getting old. Everyone post em up. (i sound really gay...)

bballe336

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2005
MA
they all look like what.....o wait they all look the same becuase they are all essentially the same. its not useful or fun to look at 100 pictures of the same bike. especially a dhr. everyone has em.

Red Bull

Turbo Monkey
Oct 22, 2004
bballe336 said:
they all look like what.....o wait they all look the same becuase they are all essentially the same. its not useful or fun to look at 100 pictures of the same bike. especially a dhr. everyone has em.
Actually, it is...

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
bballe336 said:
That's like saying that looking at 100 pics of different blonde chicks with big boobies isn't fun. It never gets old.

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
buildyourown said:
That's like saying that looking at 100 pics of different blonde chicks with big boobies isn't fun. It never gets old.
Very Very true... or maybe bballe336 has a sexual preference different to most people. I could look at DHR's all day :drool:

P.S. bballe336 - Do you go to Amherst College?

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
Here are the debute pics of mine. I was trying to wait until it was 100% done, but I just can't wait any longer.
Still waiting on a front brake adapter and a SDG seat and post. My wheels and Dura-ace cassette should be here this week (hence the muddy wheels off of my Rail)

Attachments

J

J5ive

buildyourown said:
Here are the debute pics of mine. I was trying to wait until it was 100% done, but I just can't wait any longer.
Still waiting on a front brake adapter and a SDG seat and post. My wheels and Dura-ace cassette should be here this week (hence the muddy wheels off of my Rail)
Love it! Couple of Qs, what gear outer is that your running? And whats the e13 bashy?

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
heh - feel sorry for me then. my 15 month old learned "mine" last week. :rolleyes:
Oh, and she just took her little electric 4 wheeler straight off a bank next to my house...
squeeling with glee the whole way down.
After she stopped and got off, I was like "YEAAHHHHH"

Fury

Monkey
Oct 9, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Okay, mine's got parts from my Rail and a friend's borrowed rear wheel until my stuff comes in. I have to do a sales presentation on it for school on Tuesday so I needed it to be complete.

It'll look different when I'm all finished with it but here goes:

Fury

Monkey
Oct 9, 2002
Toronto, Canada
I just realized how funny that rear wheel looks on there. It makes the front one look so tiny.. ah well. Just for show for Tuesday.

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
J5ive said:
Love it! Couple of Qs, what gear outer is that your running? And whats the e13 bashy?
Currently it has a 38t chainring. I bought a 36 also so I can try it and see which one suits the road cassette better. This is my first try with the road cassette and I was a bit worried that it wouldn't have a low enough 1st gear.

The bash guard is of my own creation. It is lighter than the e13 and since I don't really need a "bash" guard, it fits the bill. I ran one all last year on my MRP with no wammies.

Bacardi

Monkey
Aug 16, 2002
Santa Barbara, CA
Red Bull said:
DHR owners, how do they jump? Do they tend to ride more above the trail than plow through it?
Having owned a V10 and now the DHR with several rides under my belt, Yes the V10 (talking 03-04 models here) definitely is more at home plowing over stuff, but with persuasive efforts you can still whip through/between stuff.

The DHR is Way more responsive to rider input, corners better, and feels more natural at jumping.

My Medium 04 V10 has a 49" Wheelbase, and slacker HA
Medium 05 Turner has 46" Wheelbase, and standard-ish HA for DH

Shock setup and correct spring rate does play a big part in the rear suspension performance.

Red Bull

Turbo Monkey
Oct 22, 2004
Bacardi said:
Having owned a V10 and now the DHR with several rides under my belt, Yes the V10 (talking 03-04 models here) definitely is more at home plowing over stuff, but with persuasive efforts you can still whip through/between stuff.

The DHR is Way more responsive to rider input, corners better, and feels more natural at jumping.

My Medium 04 V10 has a 49" Wheelbase, and slacker HA
Medium 05 Turner has 46" Wheelbase, and standard-ish HA for DH

Shock setup and correct spring rate does play a big part in the rear suspension performance.
Hawt. Considering i live on the East Coast thats sick (tight and rocky...)

And no one give me shizzle for this, but once in a while i will have to climb, i know anybike can be climbed on, its just a matter of how hard it will be. Now im definitely willing to suffer theese few times but has anyone tried it? Is it better compared to other DH bikes, (yes i know, very stupid question, just try and anwser it straight...)i will get it with a hardtail frame so for a while it will be my only bike...

Animine

Chimp
Aug 17, 2002
Here's mine

Got the weight down to about 17.5 kg without tubeless wheels. So far I absolutely love it, I rode a bighit before and the dhr is better on so many levels. Btw this is the frame I bought from Bizutch.

grtz
Animine

Red Bull

Turbo Monkey
Oct 22, 2004
Heres my Tentative build...

SDG Bel Air
X9 shifter/X7 Derauler (sp?) I figure youll lose it sooner or later... (shifters tend to stay in one peice, other than broken glass)
Maxxis Minion
El Caminoes
Kona Jack sh1ts
Holzfeller Kit
Cane Creek XC (its 1.5 right?)

This will be with frame from my LBS (they said if this is cheaper, why not do it...) and components from Soul Cycles (so yes that means i will buy a Loki frame and build that up over time...)

Id have a Boxxer but they no longer have Rock Shoxs. And i dont really want a Slider/dhx combo... (let alone a slider/6 way :o: )

Ideas? this is meant to be as high end as possible, while being as cheap as it can (yes i will be skimping on cassete/chain) so tell me what you think

ioscope

Turbo Monkey
Jul 3, 2004
Vashon, WA
Turner actually has a great marketing program by "sponsoring" so amny people. It makes their bikes popular and notorious all at once.

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
Red Bull said:
Heres my Tentative build...

SDG Bel Air
X9 shifter/X7 Derauler (sp?) I figure youll lose it sooner or later... (shifters tend to stay in one peice, other than broken glass)
Maxxis Minion
El Caminoes
Kona Jack sh1ts
Holzfeller Kit
Cane Creek XC (its 1.5 right?)

Ideas? this is meant to be as high end as possible, while being as cheap as it can (yes i will be skimping on cassete/chain) so tell me what you think
Couple of points:
Good cassettes are much lighter than cheap cassettes. If you need to keep it cheap. Buy an LX cassette and remove the largest 2 cogs. You are left with a very light 7sp cassette.
Go with the e13 cups. They are lighter and cheaper than the horrid Cane Creek
X7 derailluers only come in loing cage which means worse shifting and more
dangly bits.
Shop around for brakes. Aren't the El Caminos gonna be pricey. There some good PROVEN brakes out there for less (Juicy 5)

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
buildyourown said:
Couple of points:
Good cassettes are much lighter than cheap cassettes. If you need to keep it cheap. Buy an LX cassette and remove the largest 2 cogs. You are left with a very light 7sp cassette.
Go with the e13 cups. They are lighter and cheaper than the horrid Cane Creek
X7 derailluers only come in loing cage which means worse shifting and more
dangly bits.
Shop around for brakes. Aren't the El Caminos gonna be pricey. There some good PROVEN brakes out there for less (Juicy 5)
Horrid Cane Creek? hah hah...you're gonna hang onto that one aren't you? as for lighter..honestly...headset to headset...what is the gram count difference...full headset, cups and all?

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
bizutch said:
Horrid Cane Creek? hah hah...you're gonna hang onto that one aren't you? as for lighter..honestly...headset to headset...what is the gram count difference...full headset, cups and all?
Your gonna keep popping up everytime I bash CC aren't ya? HAHA

I didn't have them both out at the same time so I don't know the diff.

Honestly, I put CC bearings in my e13 cups cause that was all that was available. We'll see how long they last. This is CC's chance to prove me wrong.

me89

Monkey
May 25, 2004
asheville
wow red bull i think your going to have to introduce me to this guy that you know. damn 220 is the price for one on go-ride. sweet. ohh and build your own he said that he was using an x9 derrailur and x7 shifter, although 9s might not come in short cage either.hmmm the debate.

ohh and about the casset you could always get a roadie casset. extremely light and you can get going really fast. yay. and do you know if you want to go tubless or not. if you go tubless i would go with mavic 823, or if your running tubes then i would say go with 721's. yeh those are fairly pricy rims but i dont think you want to skimp out on something as important as those. peace out man and good luck with the build.

Red Bull

Turbo Monkey
Oct 22, 2004
me89 said:
wow red bull i think your going to have to introduce me to this guy that you know. damn 220 is the price for one on go-ride. sweet. ohh and build your own he said that he was using an x9 derrailur and x7 shifter, although 9s might not come in short cage either.hmmm the debate.

ohh and about the casset you could always get a roadie casset. extremely light and you can get going really fast. yay. and do you know if you want to go tubless or not. if you go tubless i would go with mavic 823, or if your running tubes then i would say go with 721's. yeh those are fairly pricy rims but i dont think you want to skimp out on something as important as those. peace out man and good luck with the build.
Im planning on getting 8tracks for 340... As of now i wont even have the money to go ghetto tubeless...