Quantcast

Lets try and get all the DHR's in one thread...

Fury

Monkey
Oct 9, 2002
Toronto, Canada
For now I'd skip the SRAM rear derailleur and go with a Shimano road derailleur (ultegra or 105?? dura-ace if you've got the cash). That way you can get a short cage rear derailleur. I'll be running an Ultegra rear der, SRAM road cassette, and SRAM rocket shifter (shim. compatable).

me89

Monkey
May 25, 2004
asheville
yeh man i know the feeling. although i really dont like tubless (uhh ohh shouldnt have said that im going to get shot in my sleep). but id rather have to buy a new 12 dollar tube instead of a new 60 dollar tire. although they say that you flat less often but when you do flat it kills you. ohh well whatever floats your boat.

bballe336

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2005
MA
priceseliger14 said:
Very Very true... or maybe bballe336 has a sexual preference different to most people. I could look at DHR's all day :drool:

P.S. bballe336 - Do you go to Amherst College?
no i dont go to amherst college. i work at valley bikes though

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
davep said:
Hey Build Your Own, tell me about your rigid deraileur housing... lg w/layback.. how tall r u?
The layback post if off of my old bike. It was on the small side. I'm waiting on my new SDG I-beam set-up.

I was wondering when somebody would notice my housing. The flexy bits are nokon. The rigid sections are 1/4" OD alum tubing bent with a hydraulic tube bender. I used PTFE tubing as a liner as the nokon liner wasn't long enough for full length housing. The liner is super cheap. Maybe $.15/foot

Ian Collins

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Pacific Beach, San Diego, CA
bizutch said:
Horrid Cane Creek? hah hah...you're gonna hang onto that one aren't you? as for lighter..honestly...headset to headset...what is the gram count difference...full headset, cups and all?
I had a cane creek headset on my DHR and it exploded in a week...total garbage...then they took forever to send me the "upgraded" race(which didn't help)....then I wanted to make my own reducer cups, and dave did it so I wouldn't have to, sent me a set, and I've been beat the tar out of them with a $20 set of integrated headset bearings from a giant road bike frame and they haven't budged....cane creek headsets blow goats for quarters....and as buildyuorown mentioned the e.13 cups are lighter and cheaper....quit ho'ing yourself out to that company just because they are down the street from you...besides, if you're sponsored by e.13 shouldn't you be promoting their products not running someone elses???????

IC

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
I think Bizutch is sponsored by Cane Creek??? But I get some help from e13 so we're both beating the same drum.
He's just giving me a hard time cause I've been on a CC bashing kick lately. Everytime I ride my Rail I have to mess with my headset and it pisses me off.

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
anyone have experience on a 223 and a dhr? how do the two bike compare on weight, pedaling and suspension?

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Ian Collins said:
I had a cane creek headset on my DHR and it exploded in a week...total garbage...then they took forever to send me the "upgraded" race(which didn't help)....then I wanted to make my own reducer cups, and dave did it so I wouldn't have to, sent me a set, and I've been beat the tar out of them with a $20 set of integrated headset bearings from a giant road bike frame and they haven't budged....cane creek headsets blow goats for quarters....and as buildyuorown mentioned the e.13 cups are lighter and cheaper....quit ho'ing yourself out to that company just because they are down the street from you...besides, if you're sponsored by e.13 shouldn't you be promoting their products not running someone elses???????

IC
dude you been in a pissy kind of way for a long time on everybody trying to rip on people. Go lube your throat down with some beers and leave the pissin' contests to the contenders. Me, buildyourown, and Oly got no issues with each other...giving each other a hard time is all. :D

As for sponsors, I'm sponsored by E13 and Cane Creek...what's it to you? Weagle's got no issues with me...hell I've even had powww's with both companies at the same time and place biotch. E13 makes cups, not headsets and even lists Cane Creek parts on their site you tool. :oink:

Go stir up **** in your own yard. Stay off our playground...we''re having fun here. :thumb: :thumb:

renegade999

Monkey
Jan 6, 2005
Ian Collins said:

IC

Ian Collins is funny.

Cave Dweller

Monkey
May 6, 2003
Ian Collins said:

IC
I have been using my cane creek head set on my turner for the past year no problems. Even running them with monsters i have had no probs what so ever. Don't know why certain people on here bag them so much.

I don't understand how a headset can "explode". Its a bit of aluminum with a bearing sitting in it, to my knowledge they contain no explosive parts :rolleyes:

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
This thread makes me lust after a DHR, and a have a new V10. (Must fight urge to sell V10 and to buy a Turner)

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
bizutch said:
in my best Ben Stiller voice :
"Do it...Do it!"
Well since i'm bored in class, it's story time......

I've wanted a DHR for the longest time. Ever since i saw Neethling and the whole Honda team kill it at Snowmass i've wanted one. But, i worked at a shop that was not a Turner dealer and ended up with my V10. Now that i don't work at a shop and am a broke ass slob, if i could sell my V10 and get Turner to hook me up with a DHR i might actually do it.

Ratfink

Monkey
Jan 29, 2002
SoCal
bizutch said:
does everyone in that parking lot wash their car daily?
Butch,

Come-on pal it's sunny SoCa the only thing that's dirty here is our air!!! Oh, and Sgt. Brown's dates!!!

Cheers,
Doug

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
Bacardi said:
Too bad you don't live closer or we could trade back and forth for a while... :)
Yea too bad, i might e-mail Turner in a bit and see what there stock is. Still not sure if i wanna get rid of my V10 though...

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
The v10 and the DHR are soo different in terms of ride style. I know a lot of people can be fast on any bike, but I think one of those would compliment your riding style better.

I like single pivot bikes that like to get off the ground. Like the DHR.

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
buildyourown said:
The v10 and the DHR are soo different in terms of ride style. I know a lot of people can be fast on any bike, but I think one of those would compliment your riding style better.

I like single pivot bikes that like to get off the ground. Like the DHR.
Yea, i love the way Gemini DHs ride. Hmm maybe i'll try and get e-sponsored by Turner so i can be in the cool kids club.

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
Sherpa said:
Yea, i love the way Gemini DHs ride. Hmm maybe i'll try and get e-sponsored by Turner so i can be in the cool kids club.

I think the Ridemonkey sponsorship is to buy SE Racing's and Speed Metal Racing's one year old frames. I know there are several on here. Check back in Sept-Oct. ;)

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
buildyourown said:
I think the Ridemonkey sponsorship is to buy SE Racing's and Speed Metal Racing's one year old frames. I know there are several on here. Check back in Sept-Oct. ;)
:thumb: If i wasn't a gear whore who loved new stuff, i'd be all over them. I ALMOST bought butchs, i wanted it SOOOOOOO bad but the whole LBS deal. I really wish i could ride both back to back.

Red Bull

Turbo Monkey
Oct 22, 2004
Mr. Gear Whore, you will love my new bike. And yes i will actually get it, assuming i get general honors :eek: Lets see-
English= 90
Spanish=80.02 and thats without grading my project :eek: But he loves me so i hopefully will get a B
H Science= 85
Math= 82
World Civ.= 82, but i missed a HW and have a test tomorrow :mumble:
Physical Education :thumb: =A
Graphic Communications= B

Im pretty much on the bubble, does anyone know if for some reason i get all B's and one C but i have an Honors class, i will get a 3.00?

:help:
So much is relying on this... (seeing as i havent even sold my stinky yet, my parents are allowing me to buy it :thumb: If i F*ck it up :mumble: )

Fury

Monkey
Oct 9, 2002
Toronto, Canada
buildyourown said:
They single handedly devalued the entire DHR market. It was a stretch for me to get $1225 USD for my DHR at the end of last season... :nuts:

Cave Dweller

Monkey
May 6, 2003
Ratfink said:
Here's a better photo of Anka's new DHR.
:redX:

I can never see pics posted by you and can never access the dhracers website, always comes up that the site is down. Whats up with that?

Dam it, i want to see the new DHR!!! Can someone post it on RM if they can see it?