LG1 vs. SRS

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
SBDownhillRacer said:
has anyone tried to grind or sand down their bashguard because the
e13 bashguard is thick

I know of a Few that have Lathed Down the Diameter to fit there chainrings better But never to make it thinner Say for example Cut down teh 40 tooth to better fit a 38

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
SBDownhillRacer said:
yea your right that was another one of my dumb questions. ok give my s**t for it its ok
If you do a search, you will find a thread from about a week ago, where e13 company representatives explain why the SRS formula is no longer in production. It had a much thinner bashguard, the bashguard was having issues and did not live up to their reputation, so they scrapped it.

Seriously, use the search button on here, and use google for the other silly questions (such as the "which iron horse bikes use a DW link" from a few hours ago).

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Here is 2 threads where Weagle and Jonas mention stuff about modifying guides.

http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100297&highlight=srs+formula

http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139585&page=3&highlight=srs+formula

The above thread is the one i was talking about.

"The real issues that we had withthe Formula were with the bashguard actually. Probably we were holding it to too high of a standard, it was fine for 4X, but we wanted that guide to take DH hits. It was just too thin." ~weagle

So he doesn't say "don't make it thinner" explicitly, but I think it's a given when the factoy made ones didn't live up to their testing!

Gripo

Chimp
Dec 2, 2005
Unknown
DirtyMike said:
I know of a Few that have Lathed Down the Diameter to fit there chainrings better But never to make it thinner Say for example Cut down teh 40 tooth to better fit a 38
On my 3 bikes I've been running an e13 36t bashie over 38t rings for like 12mths now.

There is plenty of meat to save the ring in this case.

The xtra meat for the sprocket size on e13 bashies pisses me off.

Back to the original post, I can't really see a use for the LG-1 xcept maybe in mtx.

I'd say just get a SRS and take the bashie to a machinest for milling of the back side of the bashie in particular area & try the 36t bashie over 38t ring option.:)

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
Gripo said:
On my 3 bikes I've been running an e13 36t bashie over 38t rings for like 12mths now.

There is plenty of meat to save the ring in this case.

The xtra meat for the sprocket size on e13 bashies pisses me off.

Back to the original post, I can't really see a use for the LG-1 xcept maybe in mtx.

I'd say just get a SRS and take the bashie to a machinest for milling of the back side of the bashie in particular area & try the 36t bashie over 38t ring option.:)

If you are planning to run a 38T ring on your 36T bashring on an SRS or STS, you may lose your chain. The diameter is there to provide overlap for the top slider and chain, but most importantly to act as a guide for the chain onto the chainring.

Every millimeter of material on an e.thirteen guide is there for a reason. We have have spent thousands of hours and honestly hundreds of thousands of dollars on research and development to make this product line since 2000. Follow our simple setup guidelines and you are almost guaranteed to have a good experience. More riding, less wrenching. Thats the goal!

Personally I would not waste the time destroying a perfectly good bashguard.

Hope this helps

Dave

Nov 9, 2005
Seriously, use the search button on here, and use google for the other silly questions (such as the "which iron horse bikes use a DW link" from a few hours ago).[/QUOTE]

If u look i did not start that thread