Quantcast

Liberals live in a world of clichés

Hello Kitty

Monkey
Nov 25, 2004
Houston
F*cking awesome!!

Failed Liberal Ideas

But it's time to call a spade a spade: MOST LIBERAL IDEAS HAVE FAILED . . . miserably!

Liberals love to call themselves compassionate. So why do their ideas so often end up with catastrophic results on the people they're intended to help?

They call themselves progressive. Truth is, though, their ideas are recycled schemes that continue to blow trillions of dollars on bloated, failed programs that take the country backward.

They talk about personal liberty like they invented it. But everything they do butts into every corner of your personal life.

In short, many liberal ideas are recycled failures that backfire and can't get simple concepts straight.

In the following survey, you can rate how badly five liberal ideas have failed based on the threat you think they pose to freedom, opportunity, prosperity, and civil society in America.

When you're done, you'll have an opportunity to send a loud-and-clear message to Congress—STOP THE FAILED LIBERAL IDEAS that are bankrupting America, undermining the Constitution, and weakening the nation.

Now, call 'em as you see 'em . . .

Hello Kitty

Monkey
Nov 25, 2004
Houston
Unlike many past presidential candidates, Obama has openly admitted that when he was in High School and College, he smoked marajuana and snorted a little bit of cocaine.

Here's the passage from his book, Dreams from My Father, where he discusses his drug use:
"I had learned not to care. I blew a few smoke rings, remembering those years. Pot had helped, and booze; maybe a little blow when you could afford it. Not smack, though?Mickey, my potentional intiator had been just a little too eager for me to go through with that. Said he could do it blindfolded, but he was shaking like a faulty engine when he said it. Maybe he was just cold; we were standing in a meat freezer in the back of the deli where he worked, and it couldn't have been more than twenty degrees in there. But he didn't look like he was sweating, his face shiny and tight. He had pulled out the needle and the tubing, and I'd looked at him standing there, surrounded by big slabs of salami and roast beef, and right then an image popped into my head of an air bubble, shiny and round like a pearl, rolling quietly through a vein and stopping my heart... Junkie. Pothead. That's where I'd be headed: the final, fatal role of the young would-be black man. Except the highs hadn't been about that, me trying to prove what a down brother I was. Not by then anyway. I got just the opposite effect, something that could push questions of who I was out of my mind, something that could flatten out the landscape of my heart, blur the edges of my memory. I had discovered that it didn't make any difference whether you smoked reefer in the white classmmate's sparkling new van, or in the dorm room of some brother you'd met at the gym, or on the beach with a couple of Hawaiian kids who had dropped out of school and now spent most of their time looking for an excuse to brawl.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Yawn...HK blahblahblahblah...STOP TROLL FEEDING...dummy wants an argument to be happy in his sad little world. By giving dummy argument, you make said dummy happy. Make him unhappy and dont argue. Then perhaps he will go away...

Hello Kitty

Monkey
Nov 25, 2004
Houston
1. The War on Poverty
In their compassion for the poor, liberals earmarked $50 billion in 1964 to provide medical care, housing, cash transfers, and food subsidies to ease the plight of the disadvantaged.

Hatched by social engineers who cooked up President Lyndon Johnson’s "Great Society," the War on Poverty spawned a welfare mentality that has trapped the poor in a web of dependency, spent $16 trillion—without making a dent in the poverty rate—and will burn through another $10.3 trillion over the next 10 years.

Throwing good money after bad: It just doesn’t make sense

2. The U.S. Department of Education
President Obama proposed a new education reform package called "Race to the Top," which includes increased federal funding to states whose public schools improve student performance

The U.S. Department of Education has spent trillions of tax dollars growing a bloated, top-down bureaucracy, but American public education still lags behind other countries. Now, President Obama wants to bribe states with billions more if they give in to additional federal interference in their schools: "If states show that they’re serious about reform," says President Obama, "we’ll show them the money."

If these ideas are so good, why do liberals have to pay people to use them?

3. The U.S. Department of Energy
Created in the 1970s as one of President Jimmy Carter's bright ideas, the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) has seen its mission evolve from basic research and development to spending billions to commercialize technologies that aren’t yet viable—and might never be.

Despite funding numerous projects that never get off the ground, the U.S. Department of Energy has seen its budget grow by more than $11 billion in the last 10 years—a 76% increase! Because our nation is looking for spending to cut, the DOE might be the place to start. Instead of focusing on opening new sources of energy, the DOE pushes politically correct pet projects that are expensed to the American people.

Some of these ideas . . . like mood rings and polyester pants . . . are better left in the 1970s.

4. The Community Reinvestment Act
Liberals created the Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) to encourage private lenders to meet the needs of borrowers in low- and moderate-income neighborhoods.

The CRA spawned sub-prime mortgage lending, which boomed starting in the mid-1990s under President Bill Clinton. When the bubble burst, millions of sub-prime borrowers—the low-income people the CRA was created to help—found themselves owing more than their homes were worth. This set off the foreclosure cascade, tipped the economy into a prolonged recession, and plunged many families into poverty after they lost the homes they couldn’t afford but that Washington induced them to buy.

Ignoring the law of unintended consequences: It just doesn’t work.

5. 'Comprehensive' Immigration Reform
Senate liberals' latest immigration proposal offers multiple "paths to citizenship" for foreign nationals who are in America illegally

They’re touting their Comprehensive Immigration Reform Act of 2011 as the complete and real solution to America’s immigration problems. Hoping Americans will ignore history, though, liberals’ current manipulation is as catastrophically irresponsible as the amnesty law Congress adopted in 1986, which more than quadrupled the population of people here illegally.

Doing the same thing and expecting a different result: That’s not going to get us anywhere.

clarkenstein

Monkey
Nov 28, 2008
i personally love cocaine. and i love that GWB did it a ton.

the only reason i chimed into this thread was to state that i'm impressed that HK took the time to figure out how to type the little dohickey over the e in "cliche". my guess is that it was copy and pasted tho. screw this worthless troll inspired discussion - let's get down to brass tacks. how the hell do you spell dohicky? is it with an e, like dohickey? maybe german style, like "dühicki"?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I removed HK's rights to post in here. It was amusing for a while but I think it's outlived any kind of interest or entertainment.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
BV - You evil cenzor! You should only ban people for offending the free market jesus.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
This is now a copypasta thread!!!

if psychedelics were allowed to spread through the population at the natural rate, people would become impossible to control in the painful and bizarre ways they control us. this includes brain implants. tear-away children of nobody families are isolated and disconnected over the course of a few years and then given implants that let the rich wear their skin like a suit. think one in a million. and god. believe me

don’t automatically trust anyone telling you to go as far out as possible, to escape society and your ego and this sort of thing. what cults do first is try to create an intrapersonal vacuum they can fill with dogma. they are using the psychedelics for this now

the psychedelics produce very real and powerful experiences you don’t need to have explained to you repeatedly if you have used them a few times. no-one has to preach ego death to an acidhead. he knows about it.

a lot of cults offer up a lot of junk but the psychedelics are real and they produce the most powerful experiences in the world. they can be used to free people and heal them but, the elite are holding them from us like the priest class once hid the psychedelic sacraments of the mystery religions so they could have a monopoly on god. it is the exact same plan

and just like the priests got a ton of kids to screw for thousands of years, so do the people who’ve stolen the psychedelics, now. the government and the rich. i like people, i’ve never feared the rich… but this is serious

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Copy pasta, who about copy bagel?

PHILADELPHIA (Reuters) - A police officer is suing a New Jersey delicatessen and its cook, who admitted stuffing body hair into the officer's bagel sandwich in revenge for a traffic arrest.

The lawsuit filed by Patrolman Jeremy Merck of the Evesham, New Jersey, Police Department seeks unspecified damages from Good Foods to Go in Marlton, New Jersey, and its cook, Ryan Burke, for an incident that occurred in February 2010.

Merck ordered an egg, cheese and turkey bagel and after eating part of it, he found it "was adulterated with pubic, chest or other human hair," the lawsuit said.

Merck sought medical help and was checked for communicable diseases at a hospital, his attorney, Bruce Zamost, said on Friday. None was detected.

Burke, who served Merck the sandwich, was later charged with aggravated assault, retaliation against a public servant and food tampering. He ultimately served 15 days in jail.

According to a police report from the criminal case, "Burke admitted to tearing out hairs from his chest and his pubic area and placing them on Ptl. Merck's sandwich out of anger due to the fines and lawyers fees he had from the prior arrest in 2009."

In 2009, Merck charged Burke with traffic offenses. Burke later complained the traffic case cost him $4,400.

"Burke admitted that he did not like Ptl. Merck as a result of that incident and expressed that he shouldn't have to see Ptl. Merck at Good Foods to Go," the police report continued.

A woman who answered the phone at the headquarters of the restaurant chain declined to comment on reports Burke was fired after the sandwich incident. The restaurant's lawyer, Mark Sander, could not be reached for comment on Friday.

Zamost said no trial date has been set for the civil case but it would likely begin next year.

SacredYeti

Monkey
Sep 12, 2011
San Diego, CA
i personally love cocaine. And i love that gwb did it a ton.

The only reason i chimed into this thread was to state that i'm impressed that hk took the time to figure out how to type the little dohickey over the e in "cliche". My guess is that it was copy and pasted tho. Screw this worthless troll inspired discussion - let's get down to brass tacks. How the hell do you spell dohicky? Is it with an e, like dohickey? Maybe german style, like "dühicki"?
+1 ftw

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
Did you SERIOUSLY just copy and paste from the message board for The View???

The View | FAILED LIBERAL IDEAS...............number one

1. The War on Poverty
In their compassion for the poor, liberals earmarked $50 billion in 1964 to provide medical care, housing, cash transfers, and food subsidies to ease the plight of the disadvantaged.

Hatched by social engineers who cooked up President Lyndon Johnson’s "Great Society," the War on Poverty spawned a welfare mentality that has trapped the poor in a web of dependency, spent $16 trillion—without making a dent in the poverty rate—and will burn through another $10.3 trillion over the next 10 years.

Throwing good money after bad: It just doesn’t make sense

President Obama proposed a new education reform package called "Race to the Top," which includes increased federal funding to states whose public schools improve student performance

The U.S. Department of Education has spent trillions of tax dollars growing a bloated, top-down bureaucracy, but American public education still lags behind other countries. Now, President Obama wants to bribe states with billions more if they give in to additional federal interference in their schools: "If states show that they’re serious about reform," says President Obama, "we’ll show them the money."

If these ideas are so good, why do liberals have to pay people to use them?

Created in the 1970s as one of President Jimmy Carter's bright ideas, the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) has seen its mission evolve from basic research and development to spending billions to commercialize technologies that aren’t yet viable—and might never be.

Despite funding numerous projects that never get off the ground, the U.S. Department of Energy has seen its budget grow by more than $11 billion in the last 10 years—a 76% increase! Because our nation is looking for spending to cut, the DOE might be the place to start. Instead of focusing on opening new sources of energy, the DOE pushes politically correct pet projects that are expensed to the American people.

Some of these ideas . . . like mood rings and polyester pants . . . are better left in the 1970s.

Liberals created the Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) to encourage private lenders to meet the needs of borrowers in low- and moderate-income neighborhoods.

The CRA spawned sub-prime mortgage lending, which boomed starting in the mid-1990s under President Bill Clinton. When the bubble burst, millions of sub-prime borrowers—the low-income people the CRA was created to help—found themselves owing more than their homes were worth. This set off the foreclosure cascade, tipped the economy into a prolonged recession, and plunged many families into poverty after they lost the homes they couldn’t afford but that Washington induced them to buy.

Ignoring the law of unintended consequences: It just doesn’t work.

Senate liberals' latest immigration proposal offers multiple "paths to citizenship" for foreign nationals who are in America illegally

They’re touting their Comprehensive Immigration Reform Act of 2011 as the complete and real solution to America’s immigration problems. Hoping Americans will ignore history, though, liberals’ current manipulation is as catastrophically irresponsible as the amnesty law Congress adopted in 1986, which more than quadrupled the population of people here illegally.

Doing the same thing and expecting a different result: That’s not going to get us anywhere.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Wow.

If were honest The View probably has more credibility than the Heritage Foundation.

*edit: Double Wow, I learn something on teh :monkey: everyday. "House of learning"? Silver to the white courtesy phone.......

Last edited:

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I have to warn you Hello Kitty that you are going down a path which will result in you being banned.

There have been several people who post nothing but garbage that are no longer with us. Keep in mind that any viewpoint that is well thought-out is respected here, but empty opinions designed to enrage is a sure path to leaving RM.

I'll prove how useless your posting is right now:

But it's time to call a spade a spade: MOST CONSERVATIVE IDEAS HAVE FAILED . . . miserably!

Conservatives love to call themselves compassionate. So why do their ideas so often end up with catastrophic results on the people they're intended to help?

They call themselves conservative. Truth is, though, their ideas are recycled schemes that continue to blow trillions of dollars on bloated, failed programs that take the country backward.

They talk about personal liberty like they invented it. But everything they do butts into every corner of your personal life.

In short, many conservative ideas are recycled failures that backfire and can't get simple concepts straight.

In the following survey, you can rate how badly five conservative ideas have failed based on the threat you think they pose to freedom, opportunity, prosperity, and civil society in America.

When you're done, you'll have an opportunity to send a loud-and-clear message to Congress—STOP THE FAILED CONSERVATIVE IDEAS that are bankrupting America, undermining the Constitution, and weakening the nation.

Now, call 'em as you see 'em . . .

Last edited:

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
1. The War on Poverty
Welfare has dropped the number of people in poverty. Also benefits have been slowly reduced.
Welfare's effect on poverty - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The argument laid out that we lack behind other countries, so we should get rid of the DoE. Of course, it fails to mention that every country above us has a primarily public education system.

I guess we shouldn't invest in the future, but rather depend on clean coal.

Actually, I agree with this criticism, usually blunted by liberals. We basically legalized bank theft.

I wish that great liberal Ronald Reagan hadn't given those Mexicans amnesty.
Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia