Quantcast

Loco will do anything to get out of trailwork.

Bike Mojo

Monkey
Jul 14, 2001
San Antonio, Texass
congrats John,

Ryan and Susan gave us the news last night.

5-15 is a good weight, and while she may have been 3 1/2 weeks from her due date, she was only 1/2 week from being term.

J

JRB

Bike Mojo said:
congrats John,

Ryan and Susan gave us the news last night.

5-15 is a good weight, and while she may have been 3 1/2 weeks from her due date, she was only 1/2 week from being term.
Very true, Alan. She is good except for the jaundice. They did move her from the NICU to just a special care unit. She is far from super sick, but it makes you worry none the less.

*It's the best feeling in the world, Peter. You're going to love being a dad. I promise.

beestiboy

Monkey
May 21, 2005
Merded, ca
that is the same blanket our hospital had in the pic of you holding her....snag it if you can it is great for swaddling, mine is 4 weeks old and we still use it on him. its just the right size and weight. shes pretty cute man. Congrats again.

J

JRB

Bilirubin levels are back down to 11 and Caroline is back home. Keep your fingers crossed they don't go back up too much.

Thanks again for all the kind words.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
YEAH!!! Congratulations to all of you! She's a lucky little lady to have such a devoted father! I am counting down the days until mine is here too...27 left :eek: Keep those pics a-coming and I am keeping my fingers crossed that she keeps getting healthier for you. 5-15 is a good weight for being that early so she should catch up in no time! ;)

Congratulations again!!!

J

JRB

Bilirubin is only up to 13 today, so no more blood tests until Thursday AM. She is eating better and looking good. It looks like the central TX monkey faction is taking on the world, with the birth of Wumpus' twins today.

ArmySlowRdr

Chimp
Jul 5, 2001
Killeen, TX
congrats john and julie!!!

i have some job prospects TX/OK way. heading back general direction on 13 Feb. Unless I have a job right away I will be hitting up mas o menos on prez day weekend and then on to centex. look u up likely--you hear much from baines or bean or mead?

pete
mililani, hi

J

JRB

Bump so Lisa can congratulate me. :D

*Caroline is doing great, btw.

J

JRB

robdamanii said:
How is being a dad treating you thus far?
It's awesome. Caroline has a snotty nose and that scares me, but it's great. 2 week check up on Thursday.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Can't believe I didn't read this till now. Bad title, bad!

Congratulations Loco. I hope everything goes really well.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
loco said:
It's awesome. Caroline has a snotty nose and that scares me, but it's great. 2 week check up on Thursday.
Kids should catch colds so their immune system can strengthen...don't worry. Glad to hear you're enjoying fatherhood...I personally can't wait!!!

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
TreeSaw said:
Kids should catch colds so their immune system can strengthen...
Any kind of sickness when a baby is <6 mo is a bummer.

Not to mention it usually keeps the parents up all night. :dead:

Once kids hit about a year the cold/viruses aren't such a big deal. Until they get the croup. :dead:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
SkaredShtles said:
Any kind of sickness when a baby is <6 mo is a bummer.

Not to mention it usually keeps the parents up all night. :dead:

Once kids hit about a year the cold/viruses aren't such a big deal. Until they get the croup. :dead:
Yeah...I know what you mean. My parents would freak out everytime one of us got sick (thinking that it was much worse than it was). ;)

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
TreeSaw said:
Yeah...I know what you mean. My parents would freak out everytime one of us got sick (thinking that it was much worse than it was). ;)
Yeah. Immunity is great. A sick 4 week old, however, is *not* - especially when it's your first. One of my workmates has a liddle girl in hospital right now with RSV and pneumonia. :(

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
SkaredShtles said:
Yeah. Immunity is great. A sick 4 week old, however, is *not* - especially when it's your first. One of my workmates has a liddle girl in hospital right now with RSV and pneumonia. :(
You're really helping with Loco's anxiety. :rolleyes:

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
MMcG said:
wow I missed this thread due to the title - congratulations John!!! And to Mrs. loco too! :thumb:

DRB said:
I missed this as well. Congrats being a Dad is about as cool as it gets.

Changleen said:
Can't believe I didn't read this till now. Bad title, bad!

Congratulations Loco. I hope everything goes really well.

Y'all should always read my threads. Here they are if you missed any.

J

JRB

SkaredShtles said:
Make that one of your work mates, and one of your Internet friends. She was initially to go into PICU, but they just put her in pediatric care for now. She has an IV and can't eat right now. It's really scary. Keep her in your prayers.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
loco said:
Make that one of your work mates, and one of your Internet friends. She was initially to go into PICU, but they just put her in pediatric care for now. She has an IV and can't eat right now. It's really scary. Keep her in your prayers.
Absolutely, man. :( Stay tough, New Dad.

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
loco said:
She's in them. Everything will work out fine.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
loco said:
:eek: Definitely in my thoughts and prayers. Best wishes to all of you! Please keep us posted on Caroline's progress :(

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
loco said:
DUDE:eek: Just read this...

Prayers your way big time...

J

JRB

Taking a break from the hospital to run some errands. Caroline's fever was under 100 this morning, and her eyes looked good. She is getting some antibiotics for the pneumonia, but I think the eating is helping her most. Lots of pee and poop, so she is still working. Thanks again for the good thoughts, folks.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
loco said:
Taking a break from the hospital to run some errands. Caroline's fever was under 100 this morning, and her eyes looked good. She is getting some antibiotics for the pneumonia, but I think the eating is helping her most. Lots of pee and poop, so she is still working. Thanks again for the good thoughts, folks.
That's really good to hear, loco. Hang in there and keep us updated.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
loco said:
Sounds like she is doing better. Her temp is almost normal.

E

enkidu

Wumpus said:
Sounds like she is doing better. Her temp is almost normal.
So glad to hear that. Loco and Julie, take naps and cat-naps as much as you can! Stamina is the name of the game for parenting.