Quantcast

Look At This Ridiculous Bike!

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Echo said:
Once again we have a bunch of people with almost no information, judging someone they never met.

dood, cmon we have seen how big people go on normal dh bikes, that isnt needed end of story.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
I'm pretty sure you don't need a fender when the tire is THAT far away ;)

It'd make a cool cruiser, it looks pretty choppered out and has a flame paintjob. OCC would love it!

Tweek

I Love Cheap Beer!
Why does anyone need that much travel?

Why does anyone put a huge wing, ground effects, and coffee can exhaust on a Civic?
Why does anyone live in a 3400 sq. ft. house by themself?
Why does anyone buy a huge 4x4 SUV when they never see the end of pavement?

Because they can.

Nate at RIT

Monkey
Oct 8, 2003
bending stuff in the ROC
Chill guys, maybe it was an experiment. Maybe he just wanted to see how the fork looked on the bike. Not every configuration is actually going to be ridden. I know that we've had Shiver DC's on bikes that were never meant to have them. Sometimes boredom kicks in and just you just want to make a ridiculous looking bike, and they appear to have succeeded in this case.

fuzzynutz

Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
Chicagoland
yea maybe he pieced together that bike from spare parts lying around. Now he can sell it as a complete bike to jump off skyscrapers with.

Lumpy_Gravy

Monkey
Sep 16, 2003
Laughing at bikes with supermonsters is so passe.

Life would be boring if everyone had boxxers and Shivers. Thank god for the few that do not. Yes it is overkill, and your average racer wannabe points his nose in the air at it, but I bet its fun for him.

Anyway the stroke on the Shock on the RM9 looks real short like a 2.25. Is that right? or is that the effect of the supermonsters....If not... are they really getting 9" out of that?

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
manhattanprjkt83 said:
dood, cmon we have seen how big people go on normal dh bikes, that isnt needed end of story.
If that statement were true then we could all rip it up on BMX bikes. After all I watched the whole BMX field at the X-Games do about a 10 foot drop in for the dirt jumps. So why does anyone need a suspension bike at all?

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
Since it's on pinkbike you can find out who posted the picture and email him to find out... why not go ride with him first then tell us what you think of him.

Sometimes it seems like there are nothing but a bunch of F'ing snobs on this board...

Tweek

I Love Cheap Beer!
Lumpy_Gravy said:
Anyway the stroke on the Shock on the RM9 looks real short like a 2.25. Is that right? or is that the effect of the supermonsters....If not... are they really getting 9" out of that?
The RM9 was known for a huge leverage ratio with a short i2i. Cushy as hell, but problematic.

me89

Monkey
May 25, 2004
asheville
well i guess this mean hes a flammer. lol im just messing. overkill is always a good policy or so i say. there is one thing he wont have much problems with bottoming that front fork lol.

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
Wow...some people are grumpy. I just liked making fun of it. Those setups really aren't that rare. I have seen enough of those types of setups to realize that some people like them :) I would still ride it just for ****s and giggles haha :)

rjw

Chimp
Apr 18, 2002
UK
aussiedude said:
Why does anyone need that much travel?
I never thought I'd need more travel than the 35mm I got from my Pace RC-35's back in '92.

Things move on.

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
rjw said:
I never thought I'd need more travel than the 35mm I got from my Pace RC-35's back in '92.

Things move on.
“I think there is a world market for maybe five computers.” – Thomas Watson, chairman of IBM, 1943

“This ‘telephone’ has too many shortcomings to be seriously considered as a means of communication. The device is inherently of no value to us.” – Western Union, internal memo, 1876

“The concept is interesting and well-formed, but in order to earn better than a ‘C’, the idea must be feasible.” – A Yale University management professor in response to Fred Smith’s paper proposing reliable overnight delivery service. Smith went on to found FedEx.

“Who the hell wants to hear actors talk?” – Harry Warner, Warner Brothers, 1927

“I’m just glad it will be Clark Gable falling on his face and not Gary Cooper” – Gary Cooper on his decision not to take the leading role in “Gone With the Wind”

“We don’t like their sound, and guitar music is on its way out.” – Decca Recording Company, rejecting The Beatles, 1962

“Heavier than air flying machines are impossible.” – Lord Kelvin, President, Royal Society, 1895

“There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home.” – Ken Olson, President, Chairman and Founder of Digital Equipment Corporation, 1977

“If I had thought about it, I wouldn’t have done the experiment. The literature was full of examples that said you can’t do this.” – Spencer Silver, on the work that led to the unique adhesives on 3–M Post–It notepads

“The wireless music box has no imaginable commercial value. Who would pay for a message sent to nobody in particular?” – David Sarnoff’s associates in response to his urgings for investment in the radio in the 1920’s

“Everything that can be invented has been invented.” – Charles H. Duell, Commissioner, U.S. Patent Office, 1899

“So we went to Atari and said, “Hey we’ve got this amazing thing, even built with some of your parts, what do you think about funding us? Or we’ll give it to you. We just want to do it. Pay our salary, we’ll come work for you.” And they said, “No”. So then we went to Hewlett Packard and they said, “Hey, we don’t need you; you haven’t even got through college yet.” – Apple Computer Co–Founder Steve Jobs on attempts to get Atari and HP interested in he and Steve Wozniak’s personal computer.

“Louis Pasteur’s theory of germs is ridiculous fiction.” – Pierre Pachet, Professor of Physiology at Toulouse, 1872

“You want to have consistent an uniform muscle development across all of your muscles? It can’t be done. It’s just a fact of life. You have to accept inconsistent muscle development as an unalterable condition of weight training.” – Response to Arthur Jones, who solved the “unsolvable” problem by inventing Nautilus.

“Airplanes are interesting toys, but are of no military value.” – Marechal Ferdinand Foch, Professor of strategy, Ecole Superieure de Guerre

“Drill for oil? You mean drill into the ground to try to find oil? You’re crazy.” – Drillers who Edwin L. Drake tried to enlist to his project to drill for oil in 1859

“640k ought to be enough for anybody.” – Bill Gates, Co–Founder and CEO of Microsoft, 1981