Quantcast

Lunch Thread

qualude

Monkey
Oct 27, 2004
The County of Kings
You can always pay a bit more per lb. and get steroid/antibiotic free meat. Thats what I do. I have massive respect for vegan/etarians, because I know I could never give up eating meat.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
qualude said:
You can always pay a bit more per lb. and get steroid/antibiotic free meat. Thats what I do. I have massive respect for vegan/etarians, because I know I could never give up rating meat.

Hey delete your duplicate post - and what is "rating meat"?

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Try Kosher foods. They gots rules for raisin' and handlin' the stuff you eat. Keeps your weight off to if ya eat it in moderation with a high fiber diet. Wegmans rocks by the way. They will take over the world soon. However the "food you feel good about" beef and chicken is absolutely tastless and friggin' expensive as shiite. I have buyin and eatin fresh killed chicken my sister in law buys direct from the farm. Tasty and fresh even after you freeze it. Most folks have no idea chicken has flavor.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
We buy quarter and 1/2 cows from local farmers, Lamb too. Totally grass fed, lean, much more flavor, better wuality, and CHEAP. on average, $2.75 a pound, including tenderloins, sirloins, roasts, shoulders, ground, and sausage. That and I trade bike wotk for venison and elk. It is a better way, IMO. PS. I miss Wegman's...but not much else!!!:)

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
rideit said:
We buy quarter and 1/2 cows from local farmers, Lamb too. Totally grass fed, lean, much more flavor, better wuality, and CHEAP. on average, $2.75 a pound, including tenderloins, sirloins, roasts, shoulders, ground, and sausage. That and I trade bike wotk for venison and elk. It is a better way, IMO. PS. I miss Wegman's...but not much else!!!:)
It eat a fair amount of venison, corn fed too. I am intrigued by elk. Whats it like?