Quantcast

mahem in the mountains

May 24, 2005
Baltimore
Hmm....yeah I should have all that covered. It'll be hard to just throw plain backflips though without the extra cross-ups or turndowns during them.

I'M AMAZING YOU IDIOTS!!!

;)

Anyhow, any other shops that'll rent bikes around SS? Maybe I should snag a Demo 8 or 9 as it's more up to my SICK riding?

Guard

Monkey
Apr 21, 2004
Wilkes "By God" County
thespackler said:
Not true...The diablo series is "mid-atlantic" and puts the racers edge series to shame. Have fun riding slowshoe suckas!
Being that close to NY, IMO is a stretch for Mid-Atlantic...of course the race in PA is somewhat of a stretch too... I guess how far you stretch the "Mid" is the questions...northern Florida & southern Maine could also be considered "Mid"! :D

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
HRDTLBRO said:
Fee is 25 bucks a tent, per night....even without power. We got screwed at norba, because we had thought it was free...and apparently we were wrong, so we ended up paying. It was no fault but our own...I just believe that having to pay to set up a tent on a gravel parking lot...and not using any of the resources blows.
I think I stayed right beside you. I was the junk show at the end of the parking lot with the gigantic blue tarp strung over our tents. We didn't pay that stupid fee and were never asked for it.

So don't pay it this time. ;)

oldskoolbiker

Monkey
Aug 19, 2005
Alexandria, VA
Well looks like HBT, Brunettes, myself and a buddy of mine will be there. I just reserved a 2 Bedroom unit in Rimfile lodge for $175 for Saturday night. I rented off a guy named Henry I found on VRBO.com. I called snowhoe and they wanted like $325 for for a "budget" one bedroom at the top of the mountain. They gave me another choice of the Inn at the base of the mountain for $110 for a hotel type room. However I much perfer to stay at the top. Anway I think I'd take the Ritz for $175 over Motel 6 for $110 anyday. I hope my buddies agree also, since they will have to fork out about $15 additional dollars each for my decision.

I'm really looking forward to the race.

lux

Monkey
Mar 25, 2004
Wilmington, NC
oldskoolbiker said:
...I hope my buddies agree also, since they will have to fork out about $15 additional dollars each for my decision.

I'm really looking forward to the race.
Trust me, you made the right decision. Staying at the bottom suX0rs.

MikeT

Monkey
Feb 17, 2002
Hell
ok, so does anyone have the EXACT price(need to know) for the race fee? Also does the race fee cover lift access to both sides of the mountain? Also , are the 2 courses still going to be used, or just the pro course for all categories? (clarification

lux

Monkey
Mar 25, 2004
Wilmington, NC
MikeT said:
ok, so does anyone have the EXACT price(need to know) for the race fee? Also does the race fee cover lift access to both sides of the mountain? Also , are the 2 courses still going to be used, or just the pro course for all categories? (clarification
Call the MAC @ 304-572-5917. They should know all.

BUCKET

Monkey
Apr 30, 2004
Rocktown, VA
thespackler said:
Not true...The diablo series is "mid-atlantic" and puts the racers edge series to shame. Have fun riding slowshoe suckas!
Well - I have officially added the first person to my ignore list. :thumb:

So long asshat!!!!!!!

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
thespackler said:
I'm requesting that Ridemonkey officially ban you. You add nothing to the forums. Every post I've seen is just insults.

BUCKET

Monkey
Apr 30, 2004
Rocktown, VA
HRDTLBRO said:
Fee is 25 bucks a tent, per night....even without power. We got screwed at norba, because we had thought it was free...and apparently we were wrong, so we ended up paying. It was no fault but our own...I just believe that having to pay to set up a tent on a gravel parking lot...and not using any of the resources blows.
What? I have never heard of anybody having to pay. I think somone pocketed your money - just pop your **** and act like you've been living there for years. :D

Just don't go to the Silvercreek lodge and volunteer any info regarding your stay in there fabulous and luxurious parking lot, and you should be fine.

MikeT

Monkey
Feb 17, 2002
Hell
stoneysnake said:
race fee- $45

with your race number you can use both lifts.

one course and it'll be the pro course with some changes

alright thanx for the info. So how come the sport course is not being used ?

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
MikeT said:
alright thanx for the info. So how come the sport course is not being used ?
Because it would take all day to move the course people from one course to the other between races. They ran both courses at the first mayham and there was a several hour gap in between the races

oldskoolbiker

Monkey
Aug 19, 2005
Alexandria, VA
stoneysnake said:
race fee- $45

with your race number you can use both lifts.

one course and it'll be the pro course with some changes
I just called the MAC and got a conflicting story. They said the $45 race fee only covered the race, and DH practice which is all on the western side. He said if I wanted to ride the Freeride park, I would need to pay $20 for a park pass.

Also if anybody didn't already know, the $45 fee is if you already have a NORBA license. If you don't have that you will need to buy one. I think you can get 1 day NORBA licenses for like $5.

The guy I talked to also said there would be plenty of rental bikes available.

Anybody on here work at the MAC and can clear this up?

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
oldskoolbiker said:
I just called the MAC and got a conflicting story. They said the $45 race fee only covered the race, and DH practice which is all on the western side. He said if I wanted to ride the Freeride park, I would need to pay $20 for a park pass.

Also if anybody didn't already know, the $45 fee is if you already have a NORBA license. If you don't have that you will need to buy one. I think you can get 1 day NORBA licenses for like $5.

The guy I talked to also said there would be plenty of rental bikes available.

Anybody on here work at the MAC and can clear this up?

I dont think any one from snow shoe posts here they are much to busy for that :oink: :love:

oldskoolbiker

Monkey
Aug 19, 2005
Alexandria, VA
Brunettes said:
the extra $ is not a problem for me (seems like a much better deal anyway)

Me either, that is what I was figuring on anyway, until I saw the post that the $45 covers both lifts. I thought I better call and find out for sure.

bballboy388

Monkey
Dec 4, 2004
[/QUOTE] I think you can get 1 day NORBA licenses for like $5.00 [/QUOTE]
dose that mean i have to buy 2 passes for the practice day and the race day or do i not need one on the practice day

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
no u just need a norba license for the race day practice days dont matter and you can only get day licenses for sport and below.

oldskoolbiker

Monkey
Aug 19, 2005
Alexandria, VA
I think you can get 1 day NORBA licenses for like $5.00 [/QUOTE]
dose that mean i have to buy 2 passes for the practice day and the race day or do i not need one on the practice day[/QUOTE]

I would think the license is only needed for the actual race, not for practice. Of course what do I know, I havn't raced a NORBA event before.

bballboy388

Monkey
Dec 4, 2004
mobius said:
no u just need a norba license for the race day practice days dont matter and you can only get day licenses for sport and below.
haha trust me im not above sport.

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
Change of plans. Looks like I am going to come after all. I was trying to save some money but my wife told me I would regret not going and gave me the go ahead. See every one tommorow.

Dennis

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
denjen said:
Change of plans. Looks like I am going to come after all. I was trying to save some money but my wife told me I would regret not going and gave me the go ahead. See every one tommorow.

Dennis
well played. "Sypathy card is on the table..."

AlmostHeaven

Turbo Monkey
Jun 8, 2005
VIRGINIA
oldskoolbiker - Here is the deal:

Taken straight from the Snowshoe schedule of events:

"On Saturday and Sunday a guest can ride EITHER LIFT with their bike if they are part of the event and have a race number or Combo Shuttle/Park pass."

That being said, if you are registered for the race, have your number on your bike, then you CAN ride the freeride park. For free. It's included in your registration.

Everyone clear? Yes I work at the MAC and yes this is the correct information.

AlmostHeaven

Turbo Monkey
Jun 8, 2005
VIRGINIA
thespackler said:

how great to bless us with your presence in this thread! *bow*

are there anymore wonderful comments filled with great positivity as this one that you'd like to add?

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
bizutch said:
well played. "Sypathy card is on the table..."
Yeah I always keep one up my sleeve for just such an occasion. My wife also said I would look like a lost puppy if I stayed home. Everyone have a safe trip and good luck. Mayham is always a great weekend.

Dennis

Brunettes

Monkey
Jul 27, 2005
East Coast
AlmostHeaven said:

"On Saturday and Sunday a guest can ride EITHER LIFT with their bike if they are part of the event and have a race number or Combo Shuttle/Park pass."

That being said, if you are registered for the race, have your number on your bike, then you CAN ride the freeride park. For free. It's included in your registration.
Sweet

Jan 7, 2004
D.C. area
It should be a blast. I wonder if that weird bicycle troupe is going to be there again? Remember, they hosted the bicycle jousting and all?

And how about the prizes! Last year I was tossed a $75 Kona jersey!

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
denjen said:
Yeah I always keep one up my sleeve for just such an occasion. My wife also said I would look like a lost puppy if I stayed home. Everyone have a safe trip and good luck. Mayham is always a great weekend.

Dennis
You suck.

:p

Have fun all!!!

oldskoolbiker

Monkey
Aug 19, 2005
Alexandria, VA
AlmostHeaven said:

Everyone clear? Yes I work at the MAC and yes this is the correct information.
Thats great news!!!! Perhaps you should make sure the other people who work at the MAC know this also, in case other people call and ask.

oldskoolbiker

Monkey
Aug 19, 2005
Alexandria, VA
Message to Almost Heaven

Is there any chance that you will run out of rental bikes by 10:00 AM saturday? Two of the guys I'm going with don't have DH bikes and want to rent. But they are afraid that no DH bikes will be available when we get there and want to bring their XC bikes as a backup.

I would perfer not to bring two extra bikes with us if rentals will not be a problem.

Thanks.

super95awd

Chimp
May 17, 2004
Morgantown, WV
It says on the site that DH practice is over at 2 tomorrow. Can we keep riding the course until the lifts close or what's the deal with that? I don't think we can get down until 12, that's why I'm wondering.