Quantcast

(@&^)mandag(^&@)

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Morning.....

Just finished up defensive training with my crew..... I got to be the subject that is fighting..... got my ass kicked more than a few times..... .

Good times

I can really use these next four days off

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
@DirtyMike turned Danish :-)

First ride with the company road bike club today and weather is cooperating

Beautiful sunny morning made it easy to get out of bed. Just like Sarah Palin can spot Russia from her house I can spot Sweden. This is Ørresund looking out from our bathroom window.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
@DirtyMike turned Danish :-)

First ride with the company road bike club today and weather is cooperating

Beautiful sunny morning made it easy to get out of bed. Just like Sarah Palin can spot Russia from her house I can spot Sweden. This is Ørresund looking out from our bathroom window.
This is awesome. I envy you. If I could I'd probably move to Denmark.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Well then the mood was spoiled when my Nest cameras alerted me to criminals on the property. A least they did not steal anything this time but could just have been there to prepare for the next time. There was a guy on the street waiting in van. I need to close of the property better so its more difficult to walk in.

My neighbor was there a minute later and the police also showed up to inspect. We have a lot of police in the hood due to a lot of embassies and a Jewish school up the road with protection all day.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
Still nice to see neighbors and Police reacting fast. Bummer they are staking you out.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Last 3 days of the Paratransit contract.I can't wait to be done with the retards in the transit agency dispatch center. They can't figure out why drivers are late when they schedule pickups at the same time in different cities for the same bus.

on a lighter note. no rain forecast for this week so I should be able to get in some nice rides after work

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning! I left work at 5:00 Friday, and I come into work Monday morning to ONE HUNDRED new e-mails. What in the holy fuck! I am glad I've kicked my old habit of checking work e-mail over the weekend.

I enjoyed Captain Marvel. Good stuff.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

Hooray daylight savings time...my wife and son are not squarely in that "hooray" camp, and were like two slugs on valium this morning.

Saw Captain MarVELL this weekend....wasn't sure I understood a lot of it, but it did have Bree Olsen in tight leather staring pensively out into the distance, so I felt like I understood enough.

Got a fairly mellow morning, then this afternoon we're removing some rather large digital displays from a monument sign. Hopefully, they were not bolted in with the force of Zeus, and we can extract them without too much drama.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Working from home, because why not.

Transition bike is currently in 50 pieces on the floor. Fun.

Is anyone able to logon to Jenson?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
This morning I had the fastest annual health review for work, ever. All aspects of my diet, weight, etc are being maintained by my Neuro and dietitian, so the review was 5min long when I confirmed that I had an appt with them last week. Made for an easy appt.

Spent most of yesterday cleaning the garage up so as to pull the M back in and get storage up into the rafters. Pulled a few hundred pounds of wood up into the rafters of the garage, making my entire body hurt today. New wall shelves are going in next weekend so that I can take the ground shelves out. I might just be able to get two cars into the garage if I can sell my work bench.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I haven’t made it downstairs yet, but from the smells of it my girlfriend is having coffee and popcorn for breakfast.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
Ok. Screw the guy that invented mondays. I'm groggy as hell, there is a ton to be done and my training place planned something they call "Death by burpees".

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
generally speaking, healthier workforce = lower insurance costs for the employer.
Yeah, but usually they'd frame that as incentives for not smoking or a free Fitbit or the like.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
you should come to America™ and gaze upon the wonder that is a for-profit healthcare industry
Yeah that's the reason I won't. I'd rather have public healthcare that brings private healthcare costs down and my ortopedist be the same guy that treats John Malkovich. Probably the biggest benefit of my country is high level, low cost orthopedics and dentists. Hell it's probably to cheaper to fly from the states and you get higher level of service.

This is also one of the reasons I'm a bit scared to apply for work in US.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Yeah that's the reason I won't. I'd rather have public healthcare that brings private healthcare costs down and my ortopedist be the same guy that treats John Malkovich. Probably the biggest benefit of my country is high level, low cost orthopedics and dentists. Hell it's probably to cheaper to fly from the states and you get higher level of service.
Well sure, but how many assault rifles can you buy per day?