Quantcast

(@&^)mandag(^&@)

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I probably can't keep up with you, but I'm thinking Winter Park. I still can't really do bumps and trees are questionable for me on my skis. I I have however committed to skiing at this point, so I'm not switching back to my board.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
This kind of begs the question - what in the FUCK do you ski at Winter Park?!? I mean, besides trees and bumps, there's nothing else there except long traverses.

:confused:

:D
The steep* sections are the ends of those long traverses.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
You know, in all of my collection, I have not a single "assault rifle", nor a single modern sporting g rifle....... I would still wager I can perform much more quality work with my precision collection than any "assault rifle", or msr.......
Kinda wish I could go back to shooting. Did some sport shooting as a kid but that was a long time ago and having a zillion hobbies kinda makes you suck at all of them so I dropped the guns

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
This kind of begs the question - what in the FUCK do you ski at Winter Park?!? I mean, besides trees and bumps, there's nothing else there except long traverses.

:confused:

:D
The steep* sections are the ends of those long traverses.
In all seriousness, there are a few nice groomers at WP/MJ:

- Sleeper (nice and steep, too!)
- Cheshire Cat
- Cranmer on a slow day

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
In all seriousness, there are a few nice groomers at WP/MJ:

- Sleeper (nice and steep, too!)
- Cheshire Cat
- Cranmer on a slow day
Indeed. That far side on WP is very nice for a moderate skier such as myself.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I still have my EU passport and family and friends living there. I can compare the access to healthcare and quality of the services on both sides of the pond a little better than you might think. If you have the money or insurance, the us is great. My wife had both ACLs done by a surgeon who has red sox players' jerseys in his office. I believe the first surgery cost us $150 and the second one a bit more. However, if we weren't insured, those would cost a hundred grand total. On the other hand, I hear plenty stories of bribery and delayed care from my family in Europe.
Not sure how treating pro sports players means anything. I had my ACL surgery done by a guy that has done a bunch for my local pro-hockey team. Is that a guarantee of quality?! I am inclined to believe he's good because he pioneered (I've seen the articles in the journals), the hamstring harvesting and grafting technique. Not because he rebuilt Alfredsson's knee.