Quantcast

Maribor World Cup Live

epic

Turbo Monkey
Sep 15, 2008
My money (or at least my shot at OTB glory) is on Bryceland. Go over there and tell him it's time to deliver please.

numerik

Monkey
Jul 22, 2005
Slovenia, Europe
Somebody should buy Matti some food...he looks like he was just racing in Etiopia last week.
Rain is predicted for weekend, but sunny till friday.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
I think Minnaar has decided its time for a stomping.

He will stomp everybody, including Mr. Hill.

This is not Hill's season. DW link was faster.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Any changes to the track from last year?

BTW. I'm rooting for Matti or Blenki to rehabilitate from their last year bad results here but I think Hill will get it as he knows he has to.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
I doubt Minnaar will take it. It's not his track. Almost no pedaling, all about tech skills and flow which he has but well others are superior than him in that part.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
I have been to maribor in pissing rain and track holds up really well, you are going to have to wait for MSA for your mudfest haha
Yeah, the only problem is zillions of roots that are there. There would still be some room for mistakes there but nothin ultra random as the track seems pretty mud proof.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Yeah, the only problem is zillions of roots that are there. There would still be some room for mistakes there but nothin ultra random as the track seems pretty mud proof.
Oh ya, I didn't say it was easy in the mud...I just heard mudfest and thought something like lesgets mud, where you have to scoobydoo all the way down, pull mud out of bike during run, etc...

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
Oh ya, I didn't say it was easy in the mud...I just heard mudfest and thought something like lesgets mud, where you have to scoobydoo all the way down, pull mud out of bike during run, etc...
Don't even remind me of such rides. I still remember one time when my wheels stoped turning due to mud invasion. Not that it stopped the bike from going down.

I think that is one of the things I like about Maribor. You can have ****ty weather there and still have fun without cursing yourself for not bringing spikes all the time.

JCL

Monkey
Aug 31, 2008
Hill 1st
Fairclough 2nd
Gee 3rd
Blenki 4th
Peaty 5th

There you go. You don't even need to watch it now :biggrin:

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
Hill 1st
Fairclough 2nd
Gee 3rd
Blenki 4th
Peaty 5th

There you go. You don't even need to watch it now :biggrin:
edit: woops meant to write 5.
2/5 of those names will not be top 5.

Minnaar and Mick will replace them

Last edited:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Is that Vanderham in the blue Dakine t-shirt next to Matti?

I wonder is Stevie Smith will uncork a podium this weekend... that would be sweet.

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
I see a North American on the podium for this one - maybe even two in the top-10. Up until a year ago, I'd get laughed off the boards for posting that. Now, it's just small chuckling at most. It's possible!!!

It's going to be interesting for sure. Hill's not the only one starving for a "W" this week. Everybody outside of Minnaar and Peat have yet to stand on the top box this season. I think this may be Sick Mick's week if he's still riding like he has been up to this point.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
If it's wet I doubt it.
It doesn't have to be. I think people remind themselves when was the last time Minnaar won on a technical track. Pedaling power gives you imo almost no advantage on this trail. I can think of 3 spots of hard pedaling.

My bets are for all the techy guys and Greg as a consistent rider at the bottom spot of the podium.

1. Hill
2. Peat
3. Blenki
4. Gee
5. Greg
6. Matti

big-ted

Danced with A, attacked by C, fired by D.
Sep 27, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Go on then, I'll throw my hat in for this one:

1. Blenki
2. Hill
3. Peat
4. Minnaar
5. Barel (is he even racing this one with his knee?)

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
I think Gee might be right up there actually this weekend... would be sweet for him to get another win under his belt. Wouldn't be surprised to see a solid performance from Brendon either, though I don't think it's tech enough for him to be in with a chance of winning.

JCL

Monkey
Aug 31, 2008
I think Gee might be right up there actually this weekend... would be sweet for him to get another win under his belt. Wouldn't be surprised to see a solid performance from Brendon either, though I don't think it's tech enough for him to be in with a chance of winning.
Unless it rains :)