Quantcast

Marzocchi CS is Crap!!!!

Low_b

Monkey
Mar 27, 2002
Them thar Foothills
All I can say is I will NEVER spend my money on another piece of Marzocchi junk.

I have a Super T thats not even a year old, both lowers broke at the same spot in the casting, clearly a manufacturing defect, yet they want to charge me for this repair.

So much for all the wonderful things I've heard about thier CS.

And to top it off this guy Ron who is the warranty super basically told me that those who use this forum are idiots and dont know what they are talking.
I was floored. I had to stop and tell him was not just insulting me, a customer, but others in the industry.

I've purchased 3 zochii forks in the last few years and this is the way I'm treated.

Screw them they will never get a dime from me again!!

Sorry for the rant but I'm havent been this pissed in years!!!!! :mumble: :confused: :devil:

Low_b

Monkey
Mar 27, 2002
Them thar Foothills
Jayridesacove said:
How did they break?
How I dont know.
What broke was the little clasps that hold the axle from underneath the lower.
Both were clean cracks and breaks in same spot.
For those who know me, know I'm a pretty mellow rider.
I dont go fast and I dont do drops.

Low_b

Monkey
Mar 27, 2002
Them thar Foothills
DHJUNKIE said:
was that from over tightening the drop outs that caused the cracks?
Nope, they tride to tell me I didnt have my front wheel on right..Come on..I've been riding and working on MTBs since 1987.

Sorry I'm no kid..I'm a 40 something light weight that rides easy.

DHJUNKIE

Monkey
Sep 27, 2001
Cromwell, CT
i know with those drop outs i have stripped out a few of those stupid lil drop out clamps cuz i over tightned them.. even when it honestly felt like i was just snugging it down.

Low_b

Monkey
Mar 27, 2002
Them thar Foothills
DHJUNKIE said:
i know with those drop outs i have stripped out a few of those stupid lil drop out clamps cuz i over tightned them.. even when it honestly felt like i was just snugging it down.
I hear ya..This is my second Super T I've owned and never had an problems with the first one.
If you were to look at the breaks you'd see it was a casting issue.
The few folks who saw it who work at shops said it was clearly a manufacturing issue.

Marzocchi is just trying to get money out of me and not admit to a problem.
Like I said before the the warranty manager was just trying to bury any issues on thier part. And then became insultive when I tried dispove what he was saying.

Oh well you live and learn. It doesnt matter how many reports of great service I read when it comes time get service I got none. So they get no more of my money.

I'll stop buying 500.00 pieces of crAp from mass producers and spend my money on a quality Avalanche fork.

Macrider

Monkey
Oct 13, 2003
Los Angeles
Low_b said:
How I dont know.
I dont go fast and I dont do drops.
but you DO apparantly overtighten the bolts - it's comical to me that you would blame Marz. - do you own a torque wrench? did you follow the instructions in the manual? - I have had many VERY positive experiences with Marz. customer service (and have 4 bikes with Marz. forks) - any problems I have had, were taken care of, of course, none of the problems I had were the result of my own error in servicing the fork

good luck with your Rock Shocks/Manit/Fox experience

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
That's too bad. I've never really heard of anyone having issues with Marzocchi's customer service. In addition, I have always been treated really well by the folks at Marzocchi. I'm sorry you're not happy with the way you were treated.

By the way, I really love my Super T, and I haven't had any problems with it...here are a few pics of my Super T and me...

http://forums.farkin.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=10841

http://forums.farkin.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=10875
http://forums.farkin.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=10874

Low_b

Monkey
Mar 27, 2002
Them thar Foothills
Macrider said:
but you DO apparantly overtighten the bolts - it's comical to me that you would blame Marz. - do you own a torque wrench? did you follow the instructions in the manual? - I have had many VERY positive experiences with Marz. customer service (and have 4 bikes with Marz. forks) - any problems I have had, were taken care of, of course, none of the problems I had were the result of my own error in servicing the fork

good luck with your Rock Shocks/Manit/Fox experience
Thanks for your insight..But as I said Marz said I didnt over tighten..Which I didnt..They are saying my wheel was not in the fork properly. Thats Bs.

I'm glad you've had great experiences with your forks. Up until this one so have I.

Do Not tell me how I maintain my gear. Last time I checked we have never met, so you making assumptions about me is rediculious.

I've been wrenching on bikes, cars and motorcycles for over 25 years and if I broke something I would just pay to have it fixed. In this case I DID NOT!!!

Low_b

Monkey
Mar 27, 2002
Them thar Foothills
blt2ride said:
That's too bad. I've never really heard of anyone having issues with Marzocchi's customer service. In addition, I have always been treated really well by the folks at Marzocchi. I'm sorry you're not happy with the way you were treated.

By the way, I really love my Super T, and I haven't had any problems with it...here are a few pics of my Super T and me...

http://forums.farkin.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=10841

http://forums.farkin.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=10875
http://forums.farkin.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=10874
I hear you. Thats what I've always heard and what I was expecting.
When I first called to get an RA# they were great and made it sound like it was a warranty issue.
This is my second Super T. The first one lasted 3.5 seasons with no problems.
Then I bought a 2004 and it hasn't even lasted a year.

Low_b

Monkey
Mar 27, 2002
Them thar Foothills
WestCoastHucker said:
Marzocchi CS rox the box!!!!!!!!

and we all know it.....

i've had several fork hook ups over the years, on issues that were clearly my fault. most others will say the same.....
Well thats just great for you...They were the opposite for me today!!!!

Prechrysler

Chimp
Aug 6, 2004
Low_b said:
And to top it off this guy Ron who is the warranty super basically told me that those who use this forum are idiots and dont know what they are talking.
At least he got something right. :)

Or, do I not have enough posts to crack jokes like that and get away with it...

Low_b

Monkey
Mar 27, 2002
Them thar Foothills
Prechrysler said:
At least he got something right. :)

Or, do I not have enough posts to crack jokes like that and get away with it...
Joking is fine..This guy wasnt joking..Hell one of his top reps is a senor member here..I guess he's an idiot too.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
While I'm not in the know on what happened to your fork, exactly, wouldn't it still have been easy and relatively cheap to have them install a new set of lowers (or just send you one so you can do it) instead of completely changing fork brands on all your bikes in one swoop?

Good on you for doing what you think is best for you and makes you feel good emotionally (which is why we're all riding in the first place...good emotions...), but as a practical matter, I just wouldn't take it so far so fast myself. They're pieces of machinery, not endorsements (unless you want them to be) or instruments of identity.

Anyhow, there are plenty of other good forks out there, but every one of them has had its fans and detractors, esp. with regard to customer service...hope you find one that works for you. Manitou's CS has always been as good to me as Marzocchi's...

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
i dunno. something about this seems like its partly at your fault. a fork breaking after a year is hardly a manufacturing defect. so the clasp broke or the lowers broke? oh and btw what marz forks are you removing from your bikes because i would like them

Low_b

Monkey
Mar 27, 2002
Them thar Foothills
MikeD said:
While I'm not in the know on what happened to your fork, exactly, wouldn't it still have been easy and relatively cheap to have them install a new set of lowers (or just send you one so you can do it) instead of completely changing fork brands on all your bikes in one swoop?

Good on you for doing what you think is best for you and makes you feel good emotionally (which is why we're all riding in the first place...good emotions...), but as a practical matter, I just wouldn't take it so far so fast myself. They're pieces of machinery, not endorsements (unless you want them to be) or instruments of identity.

Anyhow, there are plenty of other good forks out there, but every one of them has had its fans and detractors, esp. with regard to customer service...hope you find one that works for you. Manitou's CS has always been as good to me as Marzocchi's...
You make good points..But it does have to do with feeling good about my gear. Correct there is no endorsment, I pay with my hard earned money. So if I'm gonna pay for my gear I want something that I can count on and beleive in.

I'm probably just going to order an Avy fork. I've used thier shocks for years without ever an issue. And as harsh as Craig can be sometimes he has never insulted me.

I love my zocchi too but i hear ya low-b. My old roomate is going through about the same experience with an 03 super-t that has been sitting unused for 1.5 years and is mint condition with said problem.
On top of that the fork has never worked properly despite being serviced my Marz 3 times!!
Yes, 3 times.
I know it sounds like the exception but for my bro its VERY frustrating.
One day the CS says ABC and the next XYZ.

He's actually looking at my Boxxer with envy.
Imagine that? :think:

Low_b

Monkey
Mar 27, 2002
Them thar Foothills
lovebunny said:
i dunno. something about this seems like its partly at your fault. a fork breaking after a year is hardly a manufacturing defect. so the clasp broke or the lowers broke? oh and btw what marz forks are you removing from your bikes because i would like them
Just for your info, manufacturing defects will usually show themselves early in the products life, such as my fork has.
Like I have said before, if I had broke something due misuse, stupidity or whatever I have no issues paying for repairs. It's happened before I'm sure it will happen again.
But this is not the case.

This is not a case of money..It's about an obvious problem with a product and the company not standing behind thier product.

If this was a case of money I'd just pay and not fork out $2000.00 for a new Avy fork.

I will have a 2002 and 2004 Super T for sale if you are really interested.

clancy98

Monkey
Dec 6, 2004
yeah exactly, if there was a defect I would EXPECT it within the first year.

And lots of people have been having this problem, as this has been addressed on other different boards a couple of different times.

Low_b

Monkey
Mar 27, 2002
Them thar Foothills
LOOnatic said:
I love my zocchi too but i hear ya low-b. My old roomate is going through about the same experience with an 03 super-t that has been sitting unused for 1.5 years and is mint condition with said problem.
On top of that the fork has never worked properly despite being serviced my Marz 3 times!!
Yes, 3 times.
I know it sounds like the exception but for my bro its VERY frustrating.
One day the CS says ABC and the next XYZ.

He's actually looking at my Boxxer with envy.
Imagine that? :think:
Thanks for the supportive words Loo.

Get this!!!

I just talked to them again to have them send my fork back to me the way I sent it too them and they told me that if I was to have them do that they would damge my forks to a point that I could not ever use them again or have it repaired anyone else.

So essentially they are holding my fork hostage.

If you guys believe this is great CS you can have it.

This is totaly bull****..So I paid them..I have my last phone call recorded and I'm on the phone to my lawyer and the state of california because I beleive they now have crossed lines of legalities.

Low_b

Monkey
Mar 27, 2002
Them thar Foothills
clancy98 said:
And lots of people have been having this problem, as this has been addressed on other different boards a couple of different times.
Thats what I was trying to tell this guy Ron. I said just do a search on Ridemonkey on how many people have had issues with castings.
Thats when he said all those people that post on RM were idiots.
So I thanked him for insulting me and that was pretty much the end of our conversation.

clancy98

Monkey
Dec 6, 2004
yeah I mean, I know its in the book (from what I've heard), but if 1 in every 100 or 1000 Super T's breaks like this then maybe its time for a design tweak.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Low_b said:
I just talked to them again to have them send my fork back to me the way I sent it too them and they told me that if I was to have them do that they would damge my forks to a point that I could not ever use them again or have it repaired anyone else.
:think:

I can't imagine any CS department for any company saying something like this.

Sep 10, 2001
Low-b,
I talked to Ronnie about your phone call.... I guess from all the JB weld or what ever it was you used to try and repair the fork, it couldn't be determined if it was a defect or not. Plus, your trying to fix it like that voids the warranty anyway. Funny, you forgot to mention that in your rants so far. As for Ronnie's opinion, I have spent way too much time correcting people who post incorrect information on this and several other websites. It never ceases to amaze me some of the "truths" I get to read on the net.

As for sending back the fork, if we send back that fork and you do something like ride it in a damaged state, are you going to try hold us responsible? I'll gladly get you a release of liability waiver to sign.

As for recording the phone call, did you inform the person you were talking to that you recording the phone call? If not, there is some more legalities you had better look into also.

Feel free to contact me directly.

Thanks,
Brian

Low_b

Monkey
Mar 27, 2002
Them thar Foothills
clancy98 said:
yeah I mean, I know its in the book (from what I've heard), but if 1 in every 100 or 1000 Super T's breaks like this then maybe its time for a design tweak.
They know there's an issue because they replaced the lowers with a true through axle, no more QR20 tabs.

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
Brian Peterson said:
Low-b,
I talked to Ronnie about your phone call.... I guess from all the JB weld or what ever it was you used to try and repair the fork, it couldn't be determined if it was a defect or not. Plus, your trying to fix it like that voids the warranty anyway. Funny, you forgot to mention that in your rants so far. As for Ronnie's opinion, I have spent way too much time correcting people who post incorrect information on this and several other websites. It never ceases to amaze me some of the "truths" I get to read on the net.

As for sending back the fork, if we send back that fork and you do something like ride it in a damaged state, are you going to try hold us responsible? I'll gladly get you a release of liability waiver to sign.

As for recording the phone call, did you inform the person you were talking to that you recording the phone call? If not, there is some more legalities you had better look into also.

Thanks,
Brian
haha i knew something was up. tough luck bro. thats why you dont try home fixes on forks.

Low_b

Monkey
Mar 27, 2002
Them thar Foothills
Brian Peterson said:
Low-b,
I talked to Ronnie about your phone call.... I guess from all the JB weld or what ever it was you used to try and repair the fork, it couldn't be determined if it was a defect or not. Plus, your trying to fix it like that voids the warranty anyway.

Thanks,
Brian
I did inform them that I had tried to JB it so I could try and get a day on them before I sent them in. It never did work. I never rode on it.
If they had said that they could not determine the problem because of my attempted repair cool..But that's not what they told me. They told me I had my wheel in wrong..Sorry but that was not the case.
When I got my RA# I was told they would call and let me know what was up before doing any work. This didnt happen, they repaired the fork then ask for money.
Thanks Brian I will probably shoot you an email about this later.

Thanks,
Bryan

Low_b

Monkey
Mar 27, 2002
Them thar Foothills
lovebunny said:
haha i knew something was up. tough luck bro. thats why you dont try home fixes on forks.
You miss the point little rabbit, why would I need to repair it in the first place..Thats the big issue.
Seeing that they replaced the lowers with ones that do not use the tabs that broke on mine, I'd say they are aware of an issue.

wydopen

Turbo Monkey
Jan 16, 2005
when all of my zocchi forks have broken (4 of em) i just throw em in the garbage where they belong...

Low_b

Monkey
Mar 27, 2002
Them thar Foothills
wydopen said:
when all of my zocchi forks have broken (4 of em) i just throw em in the garbage where they belong...
I honestly love the way my forks ride..Thats why i bought a second one.
It's the way things were handled that I do not like.
If they want to throw it off on me fine..It I'll happen to others and we'll hear about again from someone else.

No matter how this turns out it's left too bitter of a taste in my mouth to buy another Marz product. :mad:

Sep 10, 2001
Bryan,
A majority of the time, a break in that area is a result of an axle not set in the dropout properly. If the fork was sent to us prior to your attempted repair and a casting flaw was found, you would have a valid warranty claim. But, of the breaks in that area, very few have been found to be defective.

As for the repair being done prior to calling you, I feel you have valid complaint there. I will address this issue further with the tech department. Perhaps a compromise can be reached in light of this.

Brian

Low_b

Monkey
Mar 27, 2002
Them thar Foothills
Brian Peterson said:
Bryan,
A majority of the time, a break in that area is a result of an axle not set in the dropout properly. If the fork was sent to us prior to your attempted repair and a casting flaw was found, you would have a valid warranty claim. But, of the breaks in that area, very few have been found to be defective.

As for the repair being done prior to calling you, I feel you have valid complaint there. I will address this issue further with the tech department. Perhaps a compromise can be reached in light of this.

Brian
Brian,

We have taken care of the bill and I have paid it...I'm just hoping they get it sent out soon.

I didnt mean for this thread to get out of hand but I've heard so many wonderful experiences with marz cs. I've used the forks for years and never had to use CS. The one time I do it was just such a terrible experience, I'm way let down.

In all honesty the fork probably will not be mounted to my bike again.

Thanks and sorry to mess up your day,

Bryan

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Low b, if you sent a product back to Craig at Avalanche for warranty which had JB weld on the afflicted area, my best guess says that he'd say "no way" to you as well. If you've got that much experience with riding and with gear, you shouldn't have been surprised by Marzocchi's reaction to and denial of your warranty claim.

That's just the way it works with any manufacturer, even if you haven't ridden it in that condition. They just can't be sure and/or take your word for it. I (and even they) understand your desire to get another day out of it as a rider, but you have to understand their position as a manufacturer.

The repairs without consent, well, I can see where you'd be ticked about that...but that's something to address to Marzo privately, I'm sure you'll agree.

You left that really, really important detail about the JB weld out of your initial post, and I don't think that's fair to either those of us on the board OR Marzocchi.

MD

wydopen

Turbo Monkey
Jan 16, 2005
i think there dc forks feel good but iv never had a good experence w/ a sc, performance wise or with it lasting...every sc marz fork iv had has cracked a crown, arch or dropout..and they creak after a week or so...my new manitou nixion is with an 1-1/8th is stiffer, dosnt creak and it feels good too...the only thing i miss about my marz is the lower ride hight...