Quantcast

Marzocchi facing problems?...

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
, but yesterday's meeting with the management and they 'arrived at 'announced intention to "sell or close the historical activity' related to mountain biking
hopefully they can sell it rather then close their MTB business.

id be more upset to see them go then i was with RF

Dylan Dean

Monkey
Oct 12, 2007
southern California
i wouldn't worry about it.. reply from the boys over at USA 'zocchi on Vitalmtb

"this is bryson jr. sitting here with ronnie dilan and let's just say marzocchi has been great the past couple years and it's not going anywhere.. the spaghetto gazette isn't always the most acurate info there guys"

dropmachine

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Your face.
Of course thats what they are going to say. The captain always assures you things are great..right up until the ship is underwater and a shark is nibbling your nuts.

I can't speak for anywhere else, but I think up here Marz has done an awful job at keeping themselves in the spotlight. You barely see reviews on the forks, you barely see them used for project articles, and they aren't spec'd on very many bikes I see. Fact is the time of using chicks with frankentits to see your forks is over.

I can't honestly say the last time I saw a Marz from past 2009 on a store wall.

shirk007

Monkey
Apr 14, 2009
I keep hearing nothing but rave reviews for the RC3 Ti forks.

Please fan the rumours of it's death to drive down prices on old stock and used.

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
that would more likely lead to prices going up.
Negative. I doubt many people are going to buy $1000+ forks that they can be certain to not find parts for in 12 months. That being said, the rumors are unfounded. Tenenco is the one having problems. They might just have to sell off the Zoke side of the business.

Wa-Aw

Monkey
Jul 30, 2010
Philippines
I'm worried. It doesn't matter how good a product is if they don't try to sell it. SRAM is the opposite and they're doing great.
I think the only people who seem to be dying to get 888RC3 ti's are people who ride on the internets...

tabletop84

Monkey
Nov 12, 2011
I'm worried. It doesn't matter how good a product is if they don't try to sell it. SRAM is the opposite and they're doing great.
I think the only people who seem to be dying to get 888RC3 ti's are people who ride on the internets...
there are about 500 orders for the yt industreis tues 2.0 ltd wc who expect to get a bike delivered with a 888 rc3 evo ti.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
While i hope its not true, it does make me think, it has been a LOOOOONG time since i have seen a 888 newer than 2007, not saying they are not around, but i certainly dont see them

Tetreault

Monkey
Nov 23, 2005
SoMeWhErE NoWhErE
I dont care what anyone says about the 88rc3 ti or what ever the **** it is, marz has been marz since 2003, and simply put its been crap.

Same old ****ty story every years saying they fixed the problems and the fork is way better this year 20XX

2003 had issues with broken lowers
2004 lower issue was supposedly fixed, but now we have crowns cracking
2005 new black coated stanchion and reworked crowns, crowns still break, now stanchion coating feels like garbage
2006 -> Present they still are claiming to have fixed last years issues, six months later fork is still crap after the nostalgia of having a new expensive fork wears off

I love marz, i love their history, i love what they have done for the sport, but at this point in time, i honestly wouldn't be bothered one bit to see them gone.

staike

Monkey
May 19, 2011
Norway
Don't feed the trolls.

I've owned bot a 2007 66 RC2x and a 2010 888 RC3 EVO Ti. Both have been great, no issues what so ever. I have friends on Fox 40's and they constantly have minor issues annoying them.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Hopefully it's a typo and Sram is going bust, that would be a perfect ending to the year.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I'm dying to spend some time on an RC3...supposedly it lacks the maintenance issues and actually has small bump sensitivity, unlike the boxxer platform.

It seems to me though, that Marz has been behind the eight ball as of late...not a huge amount of product development nor new products. Let's face it, DHers/mtbers love new ****, no matter what it is or if it's worse than last years.

Personally, I think their decision to switch production to asia deeply impacted their business. Poor QC led to lack of customer faith, and even if they've fixed it now, it'll take significantly more time to get their fanbase back, which they are finally starting to do. I guess we'll see....

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
Marzocchi will still be around, they aren't going anywhere.

This is what happens when your OEM market goes buh-bye. See Manitou

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
there are about 500 orders for the yt industreis tues 2.0 ltd wc who expect to get a bike delivered with a 888 rc3 evo ti.
That has nothing to do with the 888rc3 evo ti. If there was any other form from the same price bracket the bike would be as popular. What drove people to it is the price. It's super cheap considering what would cost to build one yourself.

OBB

Monkey
Sep 25, 2008
Of course thats what they are going to say. The captain always assures you things are great..right up until the ship is underwater and a shark is nibbling your nuts.

I can't speak for anywhere else, but I think up here Marz has done an awful job at keeping themselves in the spotlight. You barely see reviews on the forks, you barely see them used for project articles, and they aren't spec'd on very many bikes I see. Fact is the time of using chicks with frankentits to see your forks is over.

I can't honestly say the last time I saw a Marz from past 2009 on a store wall.
Please don't make me find the dozens of glowing reviews on Marzocchi offerings that have hit the newstands all over the world in 2011 to show the extent of your ignorance.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Please don't make me find the dozens of glowing reviews on Marzocchi offerings that have hit the newstands all over the world in 2011 to show the extent of your ignorance.
Still they are much less present than any other brand from the big boys. My friend wanted to buy a 888 spring this year in Morzine and they had all the brands but zokes. No oems = smaller visibility.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
I dont care what anyone says about the Boxxer or what ever the **** it is, RS has been RS since 2003, and simply put its been crap.

Same old ****ty story every years saying they fixed the problems and the fork is way better this year 20XX

2003 had issues with broken lowers
2004 lower issue was supposedly fixed, but now we have crowns cracking
2005 new black coated stanchion and reworked crowns, crowns still break, now stanchion coating feels like garbage
2006 -> Present they still are claiming to have fixed last years issues, six months later fork is still crap after the nostalgia of having a new expensive fork wears off

I love RS, i love their history, i love what they have done for the sport, but at this point in time, i honestly wouldn't be bothered one bit to see them gone.
ftfy.
this is more fitting.

troll fed

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
I'm dying to spend some time on an RC3...supposedly it lacks the maintenance issues and actually has small bump sensitivity, unlike the boxxer platform.
I'm running a 2011 66 RC3 Ti. It has been amazing so far, best fork I have ever ridden. It actually feels like my old Monster T in that it just sucks up everything. (Knock on wood) I haven't had any maintenance issues yet, but I've only had it for a few months.

I personally don't care much for the RS stuff, so I would hope that Marzocchi isn't going anywhere. I've seen quite a few of their forks down here in AZ, even got to check out a 888 RC3 Ti Evo at the local shop. Incredibly light, incredibly smooth.

Hopefully things turn around or this just ends up being rumor and speculation. I will agree that the 2008-2009 stuff was junk.

p-spec

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2004
quebec

Its like people who say specialized is the best manufacturer in the world,to bad they don't actually make their bikes.

its all MARKETING.

p.s everyone I know with a 888ti people love them,the only problem is the lact of compression ajust,wich has been fixed for 2012.

Tetreault

Monkey
Nov 23, 2005
SoMeWhErE NoWhErE
ftfy.
this is more fitting.

troll fed
rock shox hasn't been any better in my experience, so yes the fixed part also works for my opinion. I was a marz guy originally, moved to manitou, spent some time one RS again, had a 66rc3 ti just last year. and yet i keep coming back to fox for all my bikes, i have had issues with them as well, but no where near the level or consistency as with RS or Marz

p-spec

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2004
quebec
Thats fine,its still merida doing the manufacturing,so in the end specialized isn't making their full product say as yeti, or intense,all im saying is marketing thats all.

Last edited:

dropmachine

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Your face.
You mean the same magazines that take money for giant full page ads?

Please don't make me find the dozens of glowing reviews on ****ty products that hit the news stands all over the worlds every single year to show you the extent of your ignorance in how product marketing and media relations works.

Nagaredama

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
Manhattan Beach, CA USA
Thats fine,its still merida doing the manufacturing,so in the end specialized isn't making their full product say as yeti, or intense,all im saying is marketing thats all.
Merida owns 49% of Specialied.

You think Yeti makes their own frames? The 303 WC yes everything else is made in Taiwan.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
i wanna say it was around '06 that yeti moved overseas. i have an arc hardtail that was US made - '02 or '03 model. never gonna part with it.

p-spec

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2004
quebec
really the alu yeti's aren't even american made anymore!?!?!? so sad :( and yes on the fibre frames being overseas

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
you want an american made "yeti"? call spooky, ask them to have FTW make you a frame (he made the very first aluminum yetis, and IIRC these were the very first aluminum mtb's PERIOD)