Quantcast

Matt Gaetz is totally going to prison.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Reuters: JOEL GREENBERG, ASSOCIATE OF REPUBLICAN CONGRESSMAN MATT GAETZ, PLEADS GUILTY TO SEX TRAFFICKING OF 17-YEAR-OLD GIRL, OTHER CRIMES -COURT HEARING

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
i somehow missed this friday:

According to the report, the texts between Greenberg and Ellicott were exchanged on the encrypted messaging app Signal and with a disappearing time of 30 seconds. But Greenberg took screenshots of the messages, in which he and Ellicott expressed fear that they and others in their circle could face criminal charges for having sex with a minor. Ellicott has not been charged with a crime and did not respond to The Daily Beast's requests for comment.

"If Greenberg has texts between himself and Ellicott, it's certainly feasible he has other evidence and was savvy enough to take screenshots of those texts," Ebadi said.

"It seems to follow that he may have kept all the evidence that he may have needed to use for leverage," she added. "I would not feel really comfortable if I was anyone that had committed a crime with him right now because he's kept files on people, potentially, which could be very damning and very useful to prosecutors."

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
that's a pretty big "if" given they've gotten cooperation from greenberg, who has at least *some* receipts
following up on this point, someone like greenberg is practically a nobody in the big scheme of things. based on the known evidence about his crimes, he probably wouldn't have been offered a plea deal if he didn't have incriminating evidence on someone more important than him.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
following up on this point, someone like greenberg is practically a nobody in the big scheme of things. based on the known evidence about his crimes, he probably wouldn't have been offered a plea deal if he didn't have incriminating evidence on someone more important than him.
Naw, prosecutors constantly hype up charges and attempt to fool the other party into conceding, so they "don't have to go to court". Then they offer a "deal" to lessen the charges/consequence. It's an often-used trick. An honest prosecutor would only charge what the evidence will absolutely support, but that's like the "good cop" argument. This is basically justice system 101 right here. I'd say it doesn't mean anything significant. It doesn't even mean they have adequate evidence on him, only that they've convinced him that they do. Reading into it too much doesn't really serve a purpose IMO. Yep, they might have more on Gaetz-the-girls, but equally possible they do not.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Naw, prosecutors constantly hype up charges and attempt to fool the other party into conceding, so they "don't have to go to court". Then they offer a "deal" to lessen the charges/consequence. It's an often-used trick. An honest prosecutor would only charge what the evidence will absolutely support, but that's like the "good cop" argument. This is basically justice system 101 right here. I'd say it doesn't mean anything significant. It doesn't even mean they have adequate evidence on him, only that they've convinced him that they do. Reading into it too much doesn't really serve a purpose IMO. Yep, they might have more on Gaetz-the-girls, but equally possible they do not.
my understanding is that in this particular situation there was evidence to support most of the charges.