Quantcast

<@> Maximum FTS Friderp<@>

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I know! They didn't have one in stock last week. It's backordered and was supposed to be in this week. He even showed me how to do it by hand, of I needed to in the interim. I just am struggling with the process right now.
I texted a buddy (@Motionboy2) that used to kart back in the day to see if he still had a tire changing tool. He apparently sold it with the kart (makes sense) but he did have some advice for you:

Screen Shot 2022-11-04 at 11.06.45 AM.png

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Quick story time with uncle GFF, gather around kids,

So yesterday the old Elmers were gathered at the front of the RV resort office as I was paying the rent, We started chatting about things and they asked about all the sights I have been researching and finding, they were 3rd gen locals and were excited to see someone tracing the history and checking out the cool stuff.

One of the old timers handed me a hand-drawn map on the back of a telegraph that his grandad drew around the 20's of some old mine sites and caves where he had found some Spaniard and Aztec relics in. They had never been able to figure out the hand drawn map but with my old layers that I had curated and geo referenced via Avenza and Gaia over the years and some googling, I was able to determine the 4 locations probably within a hundred yards of accuracy.

Today is scouting day for said waypoints. If found I will gear up with my caving gear, gas detector, snake gaiters and other tools to verify internally once found.

View attachment 184224
Don't crawl into the hole without telling anyone where the hole is.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I should have gotten a job at Twitter... :disgust:

"Anyone who has found themselves out of a job has been told that they will continue to be employed by Twitter until either January or February 2 next year, depending on their role, though November 4 will be their last working day at the company."

GODDAMMIT! :mad:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I should have gotten a job at Twitter... :disgust:

"Anyone who has found themselves out of a job has been told that they will continue to be employed by Twitter until either January or February 2 next year, depending on their role, though November 4 will be their last working day at the company."

GODDAMMIT! :mad:
seems like their counsel told Elon about the WARN act

/me is reading ultrasounds today. Was at the hospital in the morning, WFH this afternoon as I have kids to shuffle. (Wife and elder kid are taking the Land Cruiser up to drop off the latter at Keystone Science School this evening for a weekend mini-camp)

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
That's fucking useful. I have the bead off. It's getting the fucking thing back ON that's the problem.
Give this a read. Make sure you're putting them on from the correct side of the wheel or you'll never get it on. I believe I used a soap and water solution.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Give this a read. Make sure you're putting them on from the correct side of the wheel or you'll never get it on. I believe I used a soap and water solution.

"I’m not gonna lie. I always find the second bead a little harder to get on than the first. But trust me that second bead will slide on eventually when you have applied enough force."

I'm putting 240# on it. I'm not sure what the right amount of force is. I am putting it on over the inside of the rim though

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
"I’m not gonna lie. I always find the second bead a little harder to get on than the first. But trust me that second bead will slide on eventually when you have applied enough force."

I'm putting 240# on it. I'm not sure what the right amount of force is. I am putting it on over the inside of the rim though
12 ton hydraulic jack should do it

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
A 4" wheel. That sounds like a fight. Some people make it look easy but I always went to war.

Are you using soap and water?

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
A 4" wheel. That sounds like a fight. Some people make it look easy but I always went to war.

Are you using soap and water?
Yep. Cost me 3 tire levers, since I had nothing else as a proper tool.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Bleurgh, 9:21 Sat AM here. I am mildly hungover. My wife is wriggity–wrecked though and it’s quite amusing. She somehow got up in the night and put the breadmaker on though (wtf) but I am pretty happy about that right now.
Looks like another cracking day though, so dead bike is making me sad already. I hope we have bacon but I think we don’t, might have run to the corner store. I want a BLAT. Might have to get up first though…

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Bleurgh, 9:21 Sat AM here. I am mildly hungover. My wife is wriggity–wrecked though and it’s quite amusing. She somehow got up in the night and put the breadmaker on though (wtf) but I am pretty happy about that right now.
Looks like another cracking day though, so dead bike is making me sad already. I hope we have bacon but I think we don’t, might have run to the corner store. I want a BLAT. Might have to get up first though…
Dead bike? The work without batteries eh. :busted:

BLAT? Bacon lettuce and tomato?

No egg?? Highly sus.

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
Wife just grabbed some tickets to the World of Outlaws (sprint car races) world finals for tomorrow night.

Did the half week/all inclusive thing last year but limited time off killed that this year.

Excite…

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Fuck that was weird

I got a call from a friend in SoCal that was having a medical emergency. I haven't spoken with her in years. She was having vertico, mental confusion, difficulty speaking, seeing bright flashes. She said it felt like she was thinking though a cloud. She called me because she remembered that I am a medic and when I asked why she didn't call 911 she got more confused. I finally got her address out of her and told her to stay calm and I would get help coming to her.

Called local 911 Identified myself as an ALCO EMT and they could not transfer me to a SOCAL agency but gave me their number. Called San Bernadino and explained the situation and gave them a rundown of her symptoms and they dispatched Fire and EMS. I have a couple of ideas as to what's going on and none are really good. I hope I am wrong. But at least I got help to her

I'll try calling her later tonight.