Quantcast

MBA against downhillers?

aaronjb

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2010
... stopped reading when the conservative Christian publisher censored the name VooDoo on a review. Hi-Torque is as useless as useless gets.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
No one would if people didnt read it but due to the number of MBAs sold they have a serious influence on the biking community.

Uruk-hai

Monkey
Oct 13, 2004
The 'Quah
On a kind-of-related-but-not-really note, did anyone glance at that "How Long Should Your Bike Last?" article? When I saw that, according to MBA(F), I should replace my ti frame every 4 or 5 years I just laughed and threw it back on the newstand.

Is there any way maybe that dh article is a giant April Fools joke?

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
After you find a about all kinds of serious riding. Trail and enduro ID to select the day of the mba any singletrack. the mba is, hands down, I know bad mtb magazine. No, I wouldn't be surprised if all of the bicycle ride.
Yeah, I totally agree, couldn't have said it better. :think: :D

As for MBA: Perfect example of putting your foot in your mouth even though your head is up your ass.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I've seen 9 inch travel bikes ridden on suburban bike paths, hybrids on double black diamonds. It is all riding, and as long the rider is safe and happy, I'm all for it.

As for trails, my number one concern as a trailbuilder is building sustainable trails. Properly sloped, water runoff, follow the contour.

Most DH trails I've ridden follow all of these guidelines. A well-built line that takes you over a rock face or a log jump will last for my lifetime.

It is ridiculous to think discriminating against a class of bikes will solve any problems. How many collisions have their been with 3 inch travel bikes on open fireroads?

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Yeah, I totally agree, couldn't have said it better. :think: :D

As for MBA: Perfect example of putting your foot in your mouth even though your head is up your ass.
Well I did, with better grammar. Those spam bots are getting really annoying ;)

btw. Ive noticed a strange correlation - Our local Mag is called Bike Action and it is as crap as MBA. The only differance is that they focus on the bmx/dj/dh not bikerfoxism(because MBA sure seems like it was written by him). Are there any other action magazines that suck donkey coconuts? If this was a trend it we would know what to avoid ;)

MDJ

Monkey
Dec 15, 2005
San Jose, CA
On a kind-of-related-but-not-really note, did anyone glance at that "How Long Should Your Bike Last?" article? When I saw that, according to MBA(F), I should replace my ti frame every 4 or 5 years I just laughed and threw it back on the newstand.

Is there any way maybe that dh article is a giant April Fools joke?
Several years ago they said a dual slalom frame needs to be replaced every year. I think that was the same article where they decided to can the term freeriding in favor of black diamond riding. Yeah, that's the last article I ever read from them.