Take up our quarrel with the foe!
To you from failing hands we throw
The torch; be yours to hold it high!
If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
In Flanders fields.
- John McCrae

:wave:

Holiday pay! Also, only 2 more days of work after today, then I'm off for a month. The temptation to be "sick" is already strong. Must resist........

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. Matsuhisa was fabulous. Elitch Gardens today for a bit if the thunderstorms stay at bay, then working 5-10 because that's what I do.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Working, no holiday here. Finding more and more black fly bites, damn those things are nasty.

I plan on making an awesome red curry stir fry thing tonight. Can't wait...

Sadly I think I should cut back on the delicious beer intake, if I actually want to lose some weight. :(

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Still thinking about mattresses. Hannah rolled over on her own for the first time yesterday. Hitting REI to get a new harness with my dividend and coupon. Then study... Always fucking studying.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Sadly I think I should cut back on the delicious beer intake, if I actually want to lose some weight. :(
Blasphemer!

What's the point of living if you don't enjoy life? Who cares what you look like? What really matters is your own happiness, not someone else's view of you!

(this is what I say to myself every time I reach for that second beer in the fridge)

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Blasphemer!

What's the point of living if you don't enjoy life? Who cares what you look like? What really matters is your own happiness, not someone else's view of you!

(this is what I say to myself every time I reach for that second beer in the fridge)
I'd like to be happier when I reach the top of hills on my bike. :rofl:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Drink a beer on the ski lift then.
I know how to gain weight! :D

Plus there are arguably better trails around here than the lift serviced ones...

And we have to stand in these god awful buckets on the lift here...not very conducive to beer intake activities.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I know how to gain weight! :D

Plus there are arguably better trails around here than the lift serviced ones...

And we have to stand in these god awful buckets on the lift here...not very conducive to beer intake activities.

I have lost weight recently. Would I be excluded from the lifts? If me and your friend Jim Morrison became friends would our combined weight be enough to ride the lifts so I could access the trails? Perhaps there is a trail named the Lizard King named after your friend Jim?

So people don't think I am crazy. Candamos hanging with the Lizard King after a ride somewhere in Canada.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
After two trail bike days and a DH bike day, we hit the road. 58 miles, 6350ft vert.

Now eating everything.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
had to put off riding. The new puppy is small enough to fit trough some small gaps at the back yard gates hinges so I had to head off to the lumber yard for some fence boards and deck screws so seal things off. its 100 outside so riding will be done much later in the afternoon if I go

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Had a breakthrough riding day with kiddo and wifey. He never used to be able to tolerate walking up a hill he couldn't ride, but it just somehow clicked with him that the descent makes it worth it. Did a local 400 foot hill, he was game all of the way.
Good times!

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I just watched a deer 'nope the fuck out' from the storm rolling in by going under the deck. I can't get a picture of it because it's between the two windows and I'll scare it away. This could get exciting.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
AWESOME day of downhilling at Thunder. Met and rode with @Woody and his wicked fast friends. Met @splat and his family.
It was still raining in the first two runs, trails were wicked wet and slippery and awesome. Did 12 runs / 20 miles of vertical descent. Wrecked semi-hard twice when roots or slippery dirt took my front wheel away. I still have mud pretty much everywhere. 6/5, want to bang again soon.

Last edited:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I just watched a deer 'nope the fuck out' from the storm rolling in by going under the deck. I can't get a picture of it because it's between the two windows and I'll scare it away. This could get exciting.
house sat for a vet who lived in conifer....came home to her house....about 15 elk milling about in the driveway....not giving any fucks.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I know. PA is 100 yard rule. Air rifles and crossbows technically aren't firearms.
It's stuck under a deck?! wouldn't the adrenaline coursing through it's body make the meat taste shitty?
house sat for a vet
veterinarian, or veteran (military)? Caus' if the former, that might explain why the elks are
not giving any fucks.
who lived in conifer....came home to her house....about 15 elk milling about in the driveway....not giving any fucks.
as in, lived in a tree? a tree house?

these are all very important questions. they must be answered carefully and precisely.

:D

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
against sketchy white trash....yes.

Was walking the dog last week and came up on a group of 5 cops on the sidewalk. They waved me over when they noticed me. One of them asked if they could pet my dog. I said yes but warned them of his "high energy". As the one cop pet the doggo, the other 4 surrounded me. Have to say I felt rather uncomfortable. They asked a few mundane questions and then quickly lost interest and I went on my merry way.

The whole situation was rather unnerving. Not sure if they were checking me out for some reason or were just trying to play it cool, there was a sketchy old lady on the other side of the street screaming nonsense.