Quantcast

Metal is not dead.

Sep 17, 2006
Yeah, he passed away in 2002, but his nephew (at least I think thats how it goes) is trying to work his way up the ranks. They're still pretty new and don't sound so much like Exodus. The band's name is Aphotic Murder (the name might not be that great, but they're all in highschool...)

Oh and for all the people trying to keep the more "classic" metal alive, keep your eyes out for a guy named Casey Trask, he could very possibly be one of the next great lead guitarists somewhere in the future.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
I've been in the xcore music scene for years and since it evolved from metal i suppose it can be put in this thread. i used to promote for a bunch of hcore bands when i lived in san diego...such a strong scene there :thumb:
my current favorite, xDeathstarx.
they were featured on monster garage a while back.

and i used the first part of one of their songs in lil manimals most recent vid.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Wife and I were skiing at Winter Park a couple weekends ago and saw a cover band singing "Talk Dirty to Me" at the mid-mountain grill... come to think of it, it may have actually *been* Poison. :think:
Poison is to metal as Gallagher is to comedy:plthumbsdown:

As repetence you must listen to Regn in Blood in entirety:monkeydance:

JohnBoy

Monkey
Jan 15, 2007
Any of you ever heard of Unearth? Played with Slayer in Mrtyle Beach about a month ago, great show, and if you've never heard them, and are into metal / hardcore, check that sh!t out.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
Okay...here are some pictures from the Poison/Cinderella show:

Heres the HUGE (har har) crowd that turned out:

I think we were admiring this guys mullet:

This guy was stroking his luxurious mane:

This is a dudes hayer:

This guy just rocked...he missed the memo that the 80's were over:

Another shot of Rocker Dude..I dunno about y'all but I just LOVE the leather vest with no shirt look...that means he's the LEAD SINGER of whatever band he's in:

This dudes pants were awesome...sorry I was unable to get a front view of his weiner lump:

And just for Skaredshthead...a HOT rocker chick, those pants are just begging for mercy:

There you have it...my night with Poison and Cinderella and all the douchebags there...

Zark

Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Anthrax fukkin owns! thanks for the shots DHG

Saw 'em on the clash of the Titans tour back in the late Jurassic period.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
The asshat's in Cinderella should have their asses kicked. I grew up with them, and I can't stand a one of them.
Back in the day I was in the front row at a Cinderella show and I high-fived Tom Keifer...not just a brush of finger tips...we're talking serious hand to had contact...I've always liked them...I don't know them personally, but I liked em...

Zark

Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Oh hell yeah so did I...Slayer and JP and Megadeth were on that tour, too, right?

BTW...anthrax sounded tight as they did in the day...I had whiplash and no voice by the time they finished!
When I went it was Alice in Chains (missed them, showed up late), Anthrax (totally ripped it up), Megadeth (who sucked, as usual) and Slayer (whose fans started a moshpit the size of a football field and several bonfires)

Good times, I remember being in the parking lot an hour or so after the show and hearing people yelling "Fukkkin SLAYER!!":banghead:

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
When I went it was Alice in Chains (missed them, showed up late), Anthrax (totally ripped it up), Megadeth (who sucked, as usual) and Slayer (whose fans started a moshpit the size of a football field and several bonfires)

Good times, I remember being in the parking lot an hour or so after the show and hearing people yelling "Fukkkin SLAYER!!":banghead:
That's right...Alice in Chains were there...I still miss Layne Staley...:( This had to be about 90/91, right?

Zark

Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
That's right...Alice in Chains were there...I still miss Layne Staley...:( This had to be about 90/91, right?
Yeah, 90-91 area

Later that year I saw the "New Titans on the Block" tour, spoofing it
Napalm Death, Sacred Reich, Sick of it All and SEPULTURA!

I'm a huge Sepultura fan and to see them in a 300 person venue at the top of their game was awesome.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
latest live metal shots:

Jesu (Justin Broadrick, ex-Napalm Death, Godflesh)

Zozobra (some Cave In sideproject)

Isis (aaron turner):

Isis (the other guitar player):

bass player from Seemless:

Seemless singer jesse leach (ex-Killswitch Engage)

valient thorr:

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
^ hahaha

I like Megadeth. Peace Sells!! I haven't heard much Sepultura until lately. Can you recommend an album? I like lots of guitar and bass.

Zark

Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
^ hahaha

I like Megadeth. Peace Sells!! I haven't heard much Sepultura until lately. Can you recommend an album? I like lots of guitar and bass.
Sepultura albums to look at
Beneath the Remains
Arise
Roots

Max Cavalera, singer from Sepultura, formed another band called Soulfly, check 'em out.