PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
Sepultura albums to look at
Beneath the Remains
Arise
Roots

Max Cavalera, singer from Sepultura, formed another band called Soulfly, check 'em out.

Cool, thanks! There's a soulfly song in Chain Smoke 2, but I think that's the only one i've heard.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Cool, thanks! There's a soulfly song in Chain Smoke 2, but I think that's the only one i've heard.
Sepultura's Chaos AD and Roots are amazing records. They were an incredible live band.

Soulfy...eh. We toured w/ them some years ago. I even sat in with them for a few nights after their drummer left the tour. Weird situation...the drummer was an old friend...:hmm:

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Sepultura's Chaos AD and Roots are amazing records. They were an incredible live band.

Soulfy...eh. We toured w/ them some years ago. I even sat in with them for a few nights after their drummer left the tour. Weird situation...the drummer was an old friend...:hmm:
Who do you play for again?

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
hahaha! ewwww! even worse! My sister and I went to Tahoe together and she played Nickelback in MY car...I was like HELL NO! I pulled over and made a sign that said NO NICKELBACK and I would point at it everytime she would try to play it!
Thanks. That's really encouraging.

:(

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I saw a girl with a license plate that had this: :heart:nklbak and her license plate frame said something like: on the 8th day god created...and some guys name...I think it might've been H8R, but I'm pretty sure it was someone from nickelbad...
H8R is in Nickelback? I didn't know his band as that good.

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
Remember that dude that carved "Slayer" into his arm at the show in Sacramento? ...(I think it was actually inside the cover for the "diablos" album).....

I was at that show. A worthless trivia fact. The one thing that I never understood was that show was one one the most mellow metal shows I've ever been to. Weird

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Pretty good. If your into Stryper you should like 'em:busted:
I worked as a local roadie at a Civic Center back in the late 80's and worked for Slayer and Stryper in the same week.

Conclusions:
Slayer were some of the most laid back people. Stryper people walked around like they had crucifixes stuck up their collective rectums. Case in point: Slayer was playing a game of Nerf football while they were testing out the smoke machines. They turned to me and said, "Hey man, wanna join?" Stryper, on the other hand, yelled at me when I asked if I could get one of the bibles they threw out to the crowd. The Stryper roadie barked, "Only if You ACUTALLY READ IT!"

To Hell with the Devil, indeed! Apparently not!

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
I may get in trouble for this, but I have come to the conclusion that Motorhead's best album is "Another Perfect Day". Heavy, yet melodic. Thoughts?

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
I may get in trouble for this, but I have come to the conclusion that Motorhead's best album is "Another Perfect Day". Heavy, yet melodic. Thoughts?
My thoughts are that I need to listen to this record. (never grabbed it for some reason)

I'll let you know if you are in trouble later.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
My thoughts are that I need to listen to this record. (never grabbed it for some reason)

I'll let you know if you are in trouble later.
It was the one album where they replaced Fast Eddie with Brian Robertson from Thin Lizzy. I also have a cd of that tour at L'mours in Brooklyn...ripping. Robertson later dropped out cause he couldn't keep up with the part train lead by Lemmy and Filthy Phil Taylor.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Stryper...they are so gay...on Sirius they have a station called Hayernation...they played To Hell With the Devil...what a horrific song...the gayest song I've ever heard...I downloaded it...
Is it so bad its good? Stryper is one of thre reasons I'm an athiest. No god would let a band that terrible live:monkeydance:

This morning is Swedish Death metal time! Entombed>Clandestine

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Is it so bad its good? Stryper is one of thre reasons I'm an athiest. No god would let a band that terrible live:monkeydance:

This morning is Swedish Death metal time! Entombed>Clandestine
Damn! you hit the nail on the head with that one.

Melodic death metal is where it's at for me, along with the operatic metal type bands....I get so tired of categorizing its frightening.